License Renewal

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

License Renewal

Post by Biren » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:23 pm

Hi,
My rifle license was issued with one year validity. As the same was getting expired on 26th December, 2013 went and stood at the queue again. The procedure in uttrankand is:

Went to SDM (Weapon) office with Rs.500/- NSC, three year renewal fees deposited in bank with challan enclosed along the application for renewal. He then called for report from Police station, Tashildar and lekhpal. One has to be present before above officials along with weapon. The report covers following:

- No criminal record
- No poaching case
- no gov dues

The above officials gave positive report. Visited along with weapon SDM office where the ashlaha babu inspected the weapon (basically matches the no on weapon with one on record & license details with his register).

Then we were called one by one by the SDM. He checked the weapon asked some basic question as to how it operates, matched the serial no etc and renewed it for three years.

Will be honest i was cursing myself to have got into this gun thing and all... but then the next day when i took her out.. wow.. man.. what a feeling....Loved it man. My observations IOF 30.06 is far handy with three shot magazine. Electronic ear muff is must (makes shooting real pleasure).. and thanks to SS for suggesting the recoil pad.. and yes making butt bit heavy helps.

Cheers
Biren

For Advertising mail webmaster
AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Re: License Renewal

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:35 pm

Hey Biren, Congratulations for your renewal. Have you put a scope yet? I just refinished my stock and did a horrible job at it.

The renewal process sounds more cumbersome than what we have in Delhi. All said and done, administratively Delhi LA is a well sorted office compared to most govt places I have been to.

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:52 pm

The IOF .30-06 already has a tendency for muzzle flip due to a poor stock shape and the rifle not being well balanced.
Shouldnt one be adding weight to the fore end to reduce muzzle flip?
To Excellence through Diligence.

Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Biren » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:32 pm

Dear SS am quite a conservative novice last time time when i shot IOF 30.06 i felt the viberation in stock.. and a deafing sound (offcourse with out ear muff).. so this time got lead in rilfe butt to make it heavy... poured lead imersed iron wires & again pour lead till found the weight suiting me. I got two magzines (one three round & another 5 round). The five round magzine was not i liked though it cylces all kinds of rounds (IOF 30.06 30.06 magzine does a wonderfull job with IOF manufactured ammo).(Three round is perfect for field use plus range use:)
Well did gave a thought to scope but then felt to give a try with iron sights.. If you ask me now.. well definetly wold like to have scope.. specially when i cannt see nearby things:) (ppl wearing specks will appreciate the pun)

Saferigent will be honest. Shot IOF ammo (prone position and once used sling, they say its 160 grains). Nice perfect.. does nice job..One thing no barrel going up perheps (due to 160 grain iof ammo).

To sum up... if you can take shit from Gov (during renewal).. the results are worth..Few more things need attention in IOF..

Can members enlighten transfer procedure from one state to another specially to delhi?

Cheers
Biren

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:42 pm

Hi biren
there is procedure to transfer from one state to another.you have to show you are resident of dehlhi.i.e voter card,rashan card.if you have all those then you can aplly for transfer of licence.my advise is keep it as it is thanks