Import of Airguns over NPB Gun License

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Import of Airguns over NPB Gun License

Post by Ganesh TT » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:19 pm

Dear IFGians

IF i don't have Rifle club membership and if i own a NPB Gun license then in this scenario can i import AirGun (AirPistol or AirRifle) to india.
Kindly clarify my doubt on this.....
Thanks

GANESH TT

For Advertising mail webmaster
Ramandeep
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Import of Airguns over NPB Gun License

Post by Ramandeep » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:34 pm

I don't think so because there is clear eligibility and norms for importing air gun which does not include or mention about a person having an arms license is qualified to import air gun. Rifle club membership is a must.

Regards

Raman
1 shot 1 kill!

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:19 pm

If you try the customs follows its age old policy. Anything that enters into customs is customs property. The will sieze it and give you a few days time. If your unable to produce the membership card they wont give it back. I believe its auctioned to government officials at peanut prices
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

ebenezer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ebenezer » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:32 pm

A fellow member brought a .22 Walther Dominator from Dubai to India in 2009. The airgun was seized at the Chennai Airport and was lying in the Customs warehouse for over a year, after failing the 'dealwood' test. He was asked to produce a firearms licence in order to claim it, which he did, after almost two years. The demurrage he had to pay was almost twice the cost of the air rifle, in addition to all the 'palm greasing' for the licence. It was finally sold to a dealer for the original price.

Ebenezer

Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Ganesh TT » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanks Guys for all your inputs....
Thanks

GANESH TT

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:02 pm

farook wrote:If you try the customs follows its age old policy. Anything that enters into customs is customs property. The will sieze it and give you a few days time. If your unable to produce the membership card they wont give it back. I believe its auctioned to government officials at peanut prices
I don't think the last sentence is ENTIRELY correct.... Most of the seized stuff make it to the shelves of gun dealers who go for the kill :evil:

TC

Ganesh,
India is finally a country where citizens don't need license for air guns. Please don't push us backwards by making these suggestions.
The reason why I used the word FINALLY is because there was a time till the mid 70s when imported air guns had to endorsed in a gun license. Ever since Indian companies started producing and selling air guns locally the license raj was done away with and owners got their licenses revoked over the years. To be on the safe side some people even filed off the serial numbers from their old air guns after the paperwork so that children and members of the next generation could use them without fear.

TC