Is it OK to bringing Brass Knuckles & Stun Gun in India?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Indians4Guns
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Is it OK to bringing Brass Knuckles & Stun Gun in India?

Post by Indians4Guns » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:39 am

TSA of United States seem to have no issue with both items being in to checked in baggage but I am not sure about India.

I had brought in Brass Knuckles to India and brought back to US before in 2009 in carry on but I don't know if the Indian custom okayed it by mistake or not because it got caught at Heathrow airport and London police put me in their system for carrying Brass knuckles in carry on.

I am planning to bring both items in India in checked in luggage this time. The stun gun is the one that looks like a cell phone, and is still in the original package.

Thank you.

By the way, I have had no luck so far to get any license or permit from Indian consulate in Chicago to bring my .40 caliber Glock 23 to India. The vice consular told me that he has contacted the ministry of external affairs but they never responded from India; this was in July 2012. He first kept on referring to the amendment about OCI being disqualified to bring any firearm in India.

For Advertising mail webmaster
kalashnikovcult
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Is it OK to bringing Brass Knuckles & Stun Gun in India?

Post by kalashnikovcult » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:16 am

you better don't take a chance , you can purchase them here easily. Brass knuckles come for like 2-3 $ and stun gun would be somewhere around 50-70$ . However, if you are caught with brass knuckles carrying them while travelling in India you have to face the ire of the law authorities . Carrying brass knuckles is absolutely NOT OK in India and in most parts of the world .

By the way, what is the purpose of being armed to the teeth while travelling to India. You aren't going to Iraq en route are you ?
cu kar az hama hilate dar guzasht
halal ast burdan ba shamshir dast.

When all other means have failed,it is righteous to draw the sword

-- Guru Gobind Singhji Maharaj