A clear picture of PB and Non PB

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

A clear picture of PB and Non PB

Post by farook » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:35 pm

PB and Non PB.PDF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

For Advertising mail webmaster
Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: A clear picture of PB and Non PB

Post by Safarigent » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:31 pm

there are quite a few mistakes.
the arms act is quite simple as it is.
To Excellence through Diligence.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:42 pm

Safarigent wrote:there are quite a few mistakes.
the arms act is quite simple as it is.
This has been souced from the MHA please do point the mistakes..

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:03 pm

Looks like there area quite a few mistakes. for example: sl. No. 41 & 48 are the same.
85 & 105 are contradictory i.e a .357 bore revolver it is prohibited, but a .357 Magnum Magnum is NPB;
82 & 116 are contradictory; 115 & 118 can be used interchangeabley. I am sure there are others, but these kinda popped out at me. All in all a shoddy effort at making a list, that will only add confusion to the matter.

Regards,
anand

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:44 pm

Anand wrote:Looks like there area quite a few mistakes. for example: sl. No. 41 & 48 are the same.
85 & 105 are contradictory i.e a .357 bore revolver it is prohibited, but a .357 Magnum Magnum is NPB;
82 & 116 are contradictory; 115 & 118 can be used interchangeabley. I am sure there are others, but these kinda popped out at me. All in all a shoddy effort at making a list, that will only add confusion to the matter.

Regards,
anand
I am no expert in ammo that's not available in India, but I do believe that there are two 357, one is a magnum other a sig. Rimmed vs Rimless I really find this whole concept of PB and Non PB too confusing. Even after that long list they say its NOT EXHAUSTIVE. They should clarify on the bores that are non prohibited the mark the rest as prohibited. If there are restricted why care about it...
Last edited by farook on Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:23 pm

Other mistakes

#38: .30 M1 Carbine is listed as NPB
but #121: .30 M1 Rifle (Carbine) is listed as PB
I am no expert in ammo that's not available in India, but I do believe that there are two 357, one is a magnum other a sig. Rimmed vs Rimless I really find this whole concept of PB and Non PB too confusing. Even after that long list they say its NOT EXHAUSTIVE. They should clarify on the bores that are non prohibited the mark the rest as prohibited.
Farook,
The .357 Magnum cartridge is a revolver cartridge (though there are a couple of semi-auto's chambered for it). There is only one .357 Magnum cartridge.
The .357 SIG that you mentioned doesn't have "magnum" in the name. Also there are no revolvers set up to use that cartridge.
The .357 SIG cartridge is just a .40 S&W casing necked down to 9mm.

So the list is not quite a "clear picture". It just seems to muddy the waters a little more.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:40 pm

Agreed and this muddy water just might end some one in serious trouble....