Most Modern 30.06 IOF RIFLE Athyadhunik Viksit 30.06 IOF Ri

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Most Modern 30.06 IOF RIFLE Athyadhunik Viksit 30.06 IOF Ri

Post by Biren » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi,

A friend who sold a rifle and bought a 30.06 IOF rifle. Went to get the same entered on license (RIFLE NPB). The license was issued from District Etha, UP. The arms clerk told him IOF 30.06 canot be entered and produced copy of Gov direction. Now he went to speak to concerned ADM and was refused. I an enclosing copy of Gov direction shown to him. Here is English translation of in brief:

"Its August 2005 and written by special secretary GOV, U.P to all district magistrates, SSP/SP regarding most modern 30.06 rifle developed by Ordnance Factory here he quotes direction from Home Ministry that the weapon be issued only to those who are issued license for sporting purpose and the direction to be followed strictly."

He asked for reasons for refusal in writing & was refused. He was advised to get license transferred to the district he is currently staying. The Arms dealer he bought the rifle feigned ignorance about the Gov directions. He ultimately has to sell it back to the arms dealer after great heartburn and a big hole in his pocket.

ADM incharge Arms told him (great Indian Bureaucracy) the Gov directions are for IOF 30.06..Get a Firang 30.06 ...will enter.. He plans to file a RTI so the reasons are official and in writing.. In the mean time he is looking for weapon to cover his license.

Rgds
Biren
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Most Modern 30.06 IOF RIFLE Athyadhunik Viksit 30.06 IOF

Post by Safarigent » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:23 am

Idiots will remain idiots.
To Excellence through Diligence.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:27 am

Safari agent
Mind your comments big brother is watching you ... :deadhorse: :agree:

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:38 am

Unbelievable!!! So many things wrong with that logic.

ngrewal wrote:Safari agent
Mind your comments big brother is watching you ... :deadhorse: :agree:
I hope he is. Maybe these posts can put some sense into him.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:11 am

Safarigent wrote:Idiots will remain idiots.
:agree: :agree: :agree: :deadhorse:
Briha

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:39 pm

The same thing applies to the IOF Pump Action shotgun.While you can buy any firangi brand of pump action shotgun,IOF one is out of bounds.

Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Biren » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi,

Few of questions remain unanswered.

-What happens to officials who entered rifle IOF 30.06 in violations to Goverment directions? (Since Home Ministry has been reffered i belive the same was issued to other state Govs)

- Fate of license holders when they go for renewal? I am told the Gov directions are currently implemented in two districts Etha & shaharanpur of UP.
- Why its the license holder finally end ups as target? Dealers and Gov officails make merry.
- The reffered Gov direction ais Aug 2005 dated whereas the rifle was released to civilian license holder if am correct in yr 2009. If i remember IOF used to advertise those days that the rifle will be made available on priorty basis to those who have sporting endorsed on their lience.
- IOF produced rifle 30.06 but howz abt cartidges... dealers and IOF making killing.

Last but not the least its the license holders who bear the burnt....

Rgds
Biren

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:39 pm

Nothing will happen to babus. So long arms license holders and freedom loving citizens do not unite and take up this matter properly in Supreme Court or Parliament, till then they will have to suffer. Those suffering may try to inform NAGRI.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992