dealer and manufacturing license.

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
surajshuresh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

dealer and manufacturing license.

Post by surajshuresh » Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi guys,
I wanted to know a few things regarding dealer license and manufacturing license.
q1: What is the process to get a dealer license and what are the requirements?
q2: What is the process to get a manufacturing license and what are the requirements?
q3: What are the requirements for to start a R&D company for firearms design and testing up to .50 cal for the purpose of licensing my designs to IOF for manufacturing for the Indian Defense sector?

As far q1 i know its possible. Regarding q2 i have gone through the policy by MHA about the change in 2005 i guess. There are about 95 arms manufactures in India and around 25 ammunition manufactures in India all are smooth bore ones obviously. They are interested in giving license to small scale industry and consider only big players with investment of above 50 crs. My interest is to make high quality firearms for the Indian public and later for Indian defense using the latest technology and manufacturing methods. Not in a condition to start the large scale. So i wanted to know if its possible to get license to manufacture over and under shotgun for sports and private security in small quantity. Is it possible to buy out license from any of the current manufactures and transfer it to my name or my company name and start manufacturing in Bangalore. I am aware all this to much legal work but i want to make better firearms for my self and my fellow Indians.

Thank you,
Suraj Suresh.

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: dealer and manufacturing license.

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:21 pm

1. MHA policy has no legal value. Also Supreme Court has held that guidelines or policy cannot take the place of a statute. It can be read in this link http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17298

2. Arms Act and its Rules have very clearly laid down provisions for issue of license for dealer, manufacture or conversion. Supreme Court has also held “An applicant for a license is entitled to have it considered in accordance with the terms of the statute and to press for its grant on the basis of the criteria set forth in it”. It can be read in the following link http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17795

So if the provisions of Arms Act 1959 are followed honestly by government, there should not be a problem to issue licenses for selling or manufacture. But going by the nonsense that is happening in government offices, you may have to fight the matter tooth and nail till Supreme Court.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

subodh22
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: dealer and manufacturing license.

Post by subodh22 » Sat May 17, 2014 4:12 am

OR you might have to grease lots and lots of politicians with real stuff if you know what i mean and said that it is above impossible yeah the word impossible comes second on that list

cheers
P.S. lets hope the "new government" will change this stupid laws!