Delhi Police strikes back, threatens to cancel my license...

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Delhi Police strikes back, threatens to cancel my license...

Post by inplainsight » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:50 am

Hello,

A clerk at the Licensing Authority told me that the ACP has initiated some scrutiny against my license and that I will have to deposit my license and weapons soon. He didn't tell me what the reason for this scrutiny is or what the grounds for cancellation are. I've never been involved in a any crime and haven't broken any laws, so I'm not sure what the letter will say.

I'm still waiting for the letter to this effect, but feel that the ACP (just before he was transferred) has finally acted on his threat to make my life miserable for helping others with their licensing needs.

Will keep you guys posted.

Regards
Last edited by inplainsight on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Delhi Police strikes back, threatens to cancel my licens

Post by nagarifle » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:30 pm

give a written letter asking for the confirmation of the same under which section of arms act/ reason etc. also contact police PR cell with the same. or get a lawyer to do it.
also get a police crime report against yourself.

idea is to harass the buggers
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:26 pm

Licensing authority can vary/suspend/revoke licenses only as per conditions prescribed in Section 17 of Arms Act 1959 and when demanded has to provide the reasons in writing so that order can be appealed to appellate authority/taken to High Court. Have to wait until you receive a notice.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:09 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:Licensing authority can vary/suspend/revoke licenses only as per conditions prescribed in Section 17 of Arms Act 1959 and when demanded has to provide the reasons in writing so that order can be appealed to appellate authority/taken to High Court. Have to wait until you receive a notice.
Yeah, I was just reading Section 17. I'm just wondering how low are they willing to go to teach me a 'lesson'.

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:39 pm

Very very shocked to hear this.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:05 pm

inplainsight please keep us posted

TC
Last edited by TC on Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:24 pm

This doesn't surprise me that much. I mean this is the same guy that had told me that if he wanted to, then he could cancel my license on any grounds and it would take me years of running around in courts to get it restored. Sucks that our public 'servants' can never be held accountable.

James_Bond
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by James_Bond » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:49 pm

After read all this. I postponed my planing for appling a additional weapon and increase of are validity. Because Suptt. of DC office told me that if you apply for additional weapon as well as area validity, On this event Adm canncled you license without any rahyme & reason. Its his discrimination power. Its really a joke with us.
With Regards
CODE NAME BOND, JAMES BOND LICENSE TO RKBA

FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:51 pm

inplainsight wrote:This doesn't surprise me that much. I mean this is the same guy that had told me that if he wanted to, then he could cancel my license on any grounds and it would take me years of running around in courts to get it restored. Sucks that our public 'servants' can never be held accountable.
Relax buddy ,

The Licensing Authority cannot suspend / revoke any individual's Arms License , just because "He wants to on any grounds" . You need to violate the terms and conditions of the Arms Act and Arms Rules under which you were granted the License , and the Licensing Authority needs to prove you did so . Then and only then , will your License will get suspended / revoked.

If you were not involved in any crime or haven't broken any laws , you have nothing to worry about . Let him scrutinize all he wants . He is just bluffing and yanking your chain .

F-N-Five-Seven
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:09 pm

James_Bond wrote:After read all this. I postponed my planing for appling a additional weapon and increase of are validity. Because Suptt. of DC office told me that if you apply for additional weapon as well as area validity, On this event Adm canncled you license without any rahyme & reason. Its his discrimination power. Its really a joke with us.
Technically, nothing has been canceled, YET. They have sent me a Show Cause Notice asking me why it shouldn't be canceled.

msprabhat
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by msprabhat » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:26 pm

What does the show cause notice propose and whether they quoted any provisions ? If so reply with sufficient documentary evidences. They will repent ultimately when they get their order quashed by the appellate authority.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:28 pm

tell them that you have not broken any of the arms act or the rules. give em the section etc of the acts for which it could be revoked under.

where is GM? he is usually up till late
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:56 am

Under Arms Act 1959, the State is under the burden to justify denial, revocation etc. since the license is not a privilege granted by government. They are trying to do exactly the opposite and putting you under burden to justify why the license should not be cancelled. What provisions of law they claim to have been be violated in the show cause notice?
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:51 am

None I guess GM.
This seems like a bluff to scare our friend here. They are also hoping that people don't have a lot of understanding about how law works and what the various provisions, rights are; what needs to be justified for what and so on.
Those who know it and are on the right side of the law need not worry.
I would suggest inplainsight to keep his cool against these bluffing procedural maneuvers and stand tall with his own smart responses, if need be.
From what I know about the Arms Act, if you haven;t screwed up, you need not worry mate. The Govt. people might misuse the system but they cannot byepass it.
Let them justify under which section or for what crime are they thinking of revoking your license. There's no such section and you've not done any crime, so this is just hot air.

Good luck and Keep us posted. Many times we don't realize how many people could be inspired by such battles we fight, if only they're brought fore at the forums like these, for all to see.

Regards,
Virendra
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Just got the letter. Wow this guys is really making it personal. Just a little background, I travel out of town for work quite often and usually book the rail tickets months in advance. Sometimes I get the tickets modified or canceled at the last minute due to changes in travel plans. Apparently, their office went back and cross checked all my tickets and they are claiming that I lied on my applications for TL so that I could show a need for a license for myself and my wife.

They also claim that if my travel plans had changed then I should have informed them beforehand!

It also mentions that my license now stands canceled with immediate effect, under section 17.3.

Going to file a writ today or tomorrow....

Wow talk about misuse of power, this guy is totally out there for mess with me now.