Documents for Fresh Arms License (Delhi)

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Documents for Fresh Arms License (Delhi)

Post by inplainsight » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:32 pm

Attached are some documents that can be used to apply for a Fresh Arms License in Delhi. I’m sure you could make a few changes and use these for your Licensing Authority.

I’ve only had to apply under the ‘Self-defense’ category so these documents focus heavily on this.

By using these documents, you are agreeing to the following
  1. 1. You will not misrepresent any information.
    2. If granted a license, you will NOT break the law or encourage others to break the law.
    3. If granted a license, you will ONLY use the weapon for Sport or Self Defense.
    4. You will never discharge your firearm in an unsafe manner.
    5. You will not grease any palms of try ‘jugard’ for this.
You will need the following
  • 1. Application Form [Affix Photo] (Annexure_1.pdf)
    2. Four (4) Passport Size Photos. Sign at the back of all these.
    3. Affidavit on Rs. 10/- Non Judicial Stamp Paper [Affix Photo] (Annexure_2.doc)
    4. Other Supporting Documents [You will have to do some research here] (Annexure_3.doc)
    5. Court Case Referenced in Letter (Annexure_4.pdf)
    6. Court Case Referenced in Letter (Annexure_5.pdf)
    7. Court Case Referenced in Letter (Annexure_6.doc)
    8. Court Case Referenced in Letter (Annexure_7.pdf)
    9. Court Case Referenced in Letter (Annexure_8.pdf)
    10. Medical Certificate [Issued by MBBS on Doctor’s / Hospital’s letterhead] (Annexure_9.doc)
    11. Letter (Letter.doc)
    12. List of Annexures (List_of_ Annexures.doc)
Once you have the aforementioned documents, send the entire set by Speed-Post and hold on the receipt as well as a photocopy of the entire set.

After a few days, You will be contacted by the local Police Station for Verification. You will need the following
  • 1. Statements and ID Proofs of Two Neighbors (Neighbor_Statement.doc)
    2. ID Proof
    3. Address Proof
    4. Keep in mind that the Police Officer can not recommend you for a license, neither can he put an adverse report. The worst he can do is delay the process, and even then he can't delay it more than two months.
Sit back, relax and wait for the rejection letter. The appeal process will be covered in another post…

I have a few other documents that I've used for the following; (I will post these here, eventually)
  • 1. Paperwork to Procure new weapon from Outside Area of Validity.
    2. Paperwork to Obtain Transport License to travel with Weapon / Ammunition.
    3. Application to Increase Area of Validity.
    4. Application for Addition of Weapon.
    5. Application for Increasing the Ammunition Quota.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by inplainsight on Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Documents for Fresh Arms License (Delhi)

Post by inplainsight » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:35 pm

Added the remaining files.

Please feel free to correct these or add to these. Also, can someone share how to file an appeal with the LG's office in Delhi?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:13 pm

Have all the legally needless documents like affidavit, medical certificate, Statements and ID Proofs of Two Neighbors, IT returns etc. etc. helped you or anyone getting the license issued straightaway? There is no end to submitting legally needless documents. If we pander them with all their legally needless demands, there is no end to it. It maybe be noted that applicant is not under the burden to justify or prove that he is not disqualified for license. It is the burden of the State to justify disqualification under Arms Act 1959.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:52 am

goodboy_mentor wrote:Have all the legally needless documents like affidavit, medical certificate, Statements and ID Proofs of Two Neighbors, IT returns etc. etc. helped you or anyone getting the license issued straightaway?
No, they didn't help one bit. I had to fight for it every inch of the way.
goodboy_mentor wrote: There is no end to submitting legally needless documents. If we pander them with all their legally needless demands, there is no end to it. It maybe be noted that applicant is not under the burden to justify or prove that he is not disqualified for license. It is the burden of the State to justify disqualification under Arms Act 1959.
However, and I know you won't agree with me here, I see little harm in furnishing a few innocuous documents. I guess I'm taking the easy way out and picking my battles...

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:24 am

No, they didn't help one bit. I had to fight for it every inch of the way.
Then it shows there is no point in submitting any more information than legally required. Sometimes supplying more information than required can create unforeseen problems.
I see little harm in furnishing a few innocuous documents.
There are many harms. Why they are demanding all these legally immaterial documents? To intimidate and reduce the number of arms license applicants in the very first place. Thus further reduce the arms license holders. For example they know that there are very few income tax payees. By asking for income tax returns they are able to scare away most of the applicants who are not income tax payees. Moreover why one should be providing income tax details or salary slips to the police? When something is not written in the law, it simply does not exist. They have no legal business to know all this.

Various kinds of corruption in police is well known. Just think the kind of misuse that can be done with such sensitive information. It may be noted that the only legal role of police in the process of issue of arms license is to find criminal records on the applicant. Rest of all they do or write is meaningless in the eyes of law.

There is also harm in the long run. First it is just nothing, then it becomes a demand, then it becomes a right to demand and then this injustice becomes a law. Then you will have to fight the law itself. Just think how RKBA though acknowledged by Article 19 has been practically reduced to the level of a privilege. It has been done by these kind of apparently innocuous but cunning steps over a long run.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rahulbdelhi » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi,

I found some info regarding the process for filing appeal with the LG. The appeal has to be filed in the office of the Financial Commissioner. From here the case is sent to the LG's court. The address is :-

Room no. 26, B block,
5 Sham Nath Marg.
The contact person is Subhas Sharma.

I asked about the documents required, he mentioned some form, affidavit, original or copy of the order and some fees. Couldn't get much idea.

inplainsight, can you add some more info regarding the docs required for the appeal?

Thanks,
Rahul.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Rahul,

That's great. Thanks for posting this here. Do keep us in the loop.

Message me your email address and I will send you a copy of the documents that I had submitted. You can add a few judgments to that appeal.

Regards
Last edited by inplainsight on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rahulbdelhi » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:15 pm

Here's the appeal process :-

Go to the Finance Commissioner's office : B block, 5 Sham Nath Marg with two copies of your appeal documents and annexures on any weekday except Wednesday. The contact person is Mr. Subhas. He will verify your documents, suggest corrections if any and give you a hearing date.

1. Make sure that all the documents have page numbers and they are mentioned in the index. The printing should be only on one side of the paper ie. no duplex printing.

2. The affidavit should be attested by a notary public, but no stamp paper is required.

3. The order of documents should be -
1. Index
2. Memo of parties
3. Appeal
4. All the annexures, numbered
5. Affidavit and verification

4. You will also need 5 court fee stamps of Rs 20 and Rs 10 each. These are available at the Tis Hazari court.

5. Also bring along a large envelope for enclosing all the documents and postage stamps as per the weight of the envelope. I bought for Rs 100. There's a post office at Tis Hazari court as well.

6. A copy of the processing fee form (attached).

Thanks,
Rahul.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 am

Rahul,

Thanks for posting this here, SS and I have been desperately searching for this information.

Good luck with your appeal
Last edited by inplainsight on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dheeraj1982
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by dheeraj1982 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:37 pm

hi rahul,
Bro have you filled you appeal. Can you mail me the copy.

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Rahul,

Excellent work. That is very helpful.

inplainsight,

What would the affidavit mention?

Regards,
SS

atalgotra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by atalgotra » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:00 am

Rahul,

Can you mail me the documents and the matter of affidavit plz.
mail id - ashishtalgotra11(at)gmail(dot)com

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rahulbdelhi » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:27 pm

atalgotra wrote:Rahul,

Can you mail me the documents and the matter of affidavit plz.
mail id - ashishtalgotra11(at)gmail(dot)com
Hi atalgotra,

The affidavit and all other documents are available on the delhi police licensing site : http://delhipolicelicensing.gov.in/arms ... m#section1

James_Bond
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by James_Bond » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:09 pm

Its a Unjustice
With Regards
CODE NAME BOND, JAMES BOND LICENSE TO RKBA

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:36 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:Have all the legally needless documents like affidavit, medical certificate, Statements and ID Proofs of Two Neighbors, IT returns etc. etc. helped you or anyone getting the license issued straightaway? There is no end to submitting legally needless documents. If we pander them with all their legally needless demands, there is no end to it. It maybe be noted that applicant is not under the burden to justify or prove that he is not disqualified for license. It is the burden of the State to justify disqualification under Arms Act 1959.

:agree: :agree:

the more you give them more they have you running around, lets IT returns, sorry not acceptable unless a letter from the IT department is subbmitted that they have no objection to you having a arms licence. now you are well and truly Bu****** and please provide good character report from the police for the 2 neighbors and a brain doc report on their mental state. now your are well and truly BU*****

shell i go on ok, if your are not well and truly Bu*** you going to be now.
court orders, please provide certifiably copies of court orders submitted from the respected courts.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.