Import of grips of a pistol

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
penpusher

Import of grips of a pistol

Post by penpusher » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:20 pm

Are the grips of a pistol allowed to be imported through post ?Or is the import banned as they are considered to be accessories of a firearm?

penpusher

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:00 pm

I don't know what the law says but the law would be an ass, if they banned the import of a piece of wood or plastic.

So long as the grips aren't made of bone or horn (for which you may need a permit) you should be fine.

Mack The Knife

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:11 pm

The gunsmiths in Singapore refused to sell the grips or anything with screw / bolt / nut giving the same arguement....

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:13 pm

about the accessories part...

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:54 pm

penpusher";p="22929 wrote: Are the grips of a pistol allowed to be imported through post ?Or is the import banned as they are considered to be accessories of a firearm?

penpusher
I have seen a gun shop Bakshi arms located near Essex Farms where the guy showed some revolver grips.
I am sure you can carry them back.
Regards,

dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Import of grips of a pistol

Post by msandhu » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:16 pm

Two years ago i carried a handgun holster back to India for a friend of mine. No body checked or
said anything. So i guess harmless accessories should not be a problem to import.
Cheers
Mandeep

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:32 am

I wouldnt take a chance via a mail order,best option would be part of checked in baggage.

If it's wooden grips you are looking for there are a couple of gunsmiths around who do a very good job.

Sanjay

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:02 pm

penpusher";p="22929 wrote:Are the grips of a pistol allowed to be imported through post ?Or is the import banned as they are considered to be accessories of a firearm?

penpusher
penpusher ,

It is possible to import wooden grips for a handgun from USA by post. My friend recently got grips for his S&W .32 by post on two different occasions that too at a very reasonable rate. I have seen them and they are beautiful !!

best,

RP.