Customs Duty Of Air Rifle

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Customs Duty Of Air Rifle

Post by Lawman » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:07 pm

If I purchase a .177cal air rifle (import permissible) from airgunbuyer.com or pyramydair.com then what percent (%) of customs duty I have to pay if the price is $200 (Rs. 9,000/- approx.). :?:

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:56 am

Approx 35% on CIF value. CIF = Cost+Insurance+freight. So say, the gun costs $100, insurance+freight is $100 meaning a total of $200 the duty would be approx $70...

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:15 am

Another piece of news, Pyramyd Air won't ship to India.

So you better check other shops.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:19 pm

am flying to us next month to get me self a sleek lady (though not very powerful one nor too expensive) will let you guys know which one i set my eyes on before i buy, have spoken to the airlines for what all precautions to take, have asked my brother to buy me a hard case for carrying it, would be sure not to carry pellets with me, would keep the scope (if any) in the check-in baggage, will ask the dealer to disassemble it and pack it in hard casing that would be checked in with baggage,......... am i missing anything (definitely i would carry the bill and manual with me)... anything else plzzz let me know my first time probably i'll be peeing my pant

cheers
Siddharth

if u guys want anything do lemme know

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:53 pm

Dont forget to wear a diaper ;) the men in white dont take kindly to their already pee stained floors getting a fresh coat...
Chin up Buddy, its an airgun and its ALLOWED. be ye firm of heart and faith and before you know it, you'll be here, salivating and prancing. ;) ;)
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:40 pm

Declare the rifle at U.S. Customs and get a non firearm certificate and then you should be okay. Even our customs guys have become more pleasant, I think. And its a toy so shouldn't be a problem.

Dev

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:59 pm

A toy that calls for responsibility :)

well would add that in the slip ill be carrying with me :)

but just realized one more problem would need help in assembling it

i could arrange for a mannuel or ask the dealer to teach me how to assemble it as well

got 29 more days before i am packed to get the rifle back to India, if you guys want me to get back something for you do let me know ill charge a meager beer or two as my commission :)

Cheers
Siddharth

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:14 pm

If you are in Delhi give us a buzz. We'll do it together, most springers aren't too complicated, I find pump rifles and Co2 ones easier. Long as you have the manual it should be cool, pick up a set of sears gunsmithing screw drivers for me if you can. I'll pay yuh in beers or labour ;-).

Dev

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:29 pm

You don't have to disassemble the rifle if you are buying an airline approved hard gun case.

However, if you must disassemble, all you need to do is remove the stock screws and seperate action from stock.

Mack The Knife

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:37 pm

i stay pretty close to delhi actually noida so we surely could meet up
ill get them for you but ull have to pay me for the screw drivers and duty if there is any :)

are the airline approved hard gun cases much expensive or what. i must admit i am going shopping on a really low budget:(

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Customs Duty Of Air Rifle

Post by andy_65_in » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:46 pm

I wish to know if one can get more than one airguns lets say two of them alongwith himself from a foreign country or is it only one airrifle.also are there any restrictions on carrying pneumatic air rifles specifically .22 cal .

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

screw drivers

Post by dev » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:59 pm

[quote="Sid_klapur30";p="22711"]i stay pretty close to delhi actually noida so we surely could meet up
ill get them for you but ull have to pay me for the screw drivers and duty if there is any :)

Make sure that they are the sears gunsmithing ones, i am willing to pay whatever you pay. If you strip the rifle just into two pieces it doesn't need any labour.

Get a plastic rifle case but a really thin one has been known to break in transit. So be careful get the best that you can afford as it works out better in the long run.

Regards,

Dev

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:02 pm

andy_65_in";p="22716 wrote: I wish to know if one can get more than one airguns lets say two of them alongwith himself from a foreign country or is it only one airrifle.also are there any restrictions on carrying pneumatic air rifles specifically .22 cal .
One air rifle per traveller should be good. I don't know about two. I'm sure it can be done depending on the size of your cojones. ;-0

Dev

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:30 pm

http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/Gamo_Shado ... 004554.htm

check out this link is it worth the money though seems pretty cheap or is there something i didnt bother to see

and dev dont worry ill get the very same ones with the bill and all the papers you just be ready with my beer :)

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:28 pm

Sid_klapur30";p="22677 wrote: will ask the dealer to disassemble it and pack it in hard casing that would be checked in with baggage,......... am i missing anything (definitely i would carry the bill and manual with me)... anything else plzzz let me know my first time probably i'll be peeing my pant

if u guys want anything do lemme know
If you mean only disassembling and packing by the dealer; he may not charge extra.

If the dealer arranges the necessary paperworks and check in, he may charge $ 25 appx.

You are not exactly missing this but in the unlikely event of being questioned; keep your calm and present your answers in an explanatory form rather than confronting them. Delhi is the place from where quite a few of arriving members have been cleared with Air Rifle and Scope..... which should encourage you.

You may try getting in pellets also in checked in baggage. Personally, ; given the opportunity, I would try to get in minimum 10 tins of pellets.

All the best.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.