Customs Duty Of Air Rifle

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Customs Duty Of Air Rifle

Post by Sujay » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:51 pm

andy_65_in";p="22716 wrote:I wish to know if one can get more than one airguns lets say two of them alongwith himself from a foreign country or is it only one airrifle.also are there any restrictions on carrying pneumatic air rifles specifically .22 cal .
This cannot be answered specifically as it this has not been explained anywhere in different provisions/ notifications. You have to visualize the most likely consequences from the procedures currently in force.

Customs uses a term " import in commercial quantities" which applies to the situation where goods imported cannot/ will not be released even after paying duty with penalties and fine.

A person bringing in two airguns most likely would not appear as reseller as far I percieve. Practically, one can take a chance with one Air Rifle and One Air Pistol.

Pneumatic ones are not prohibited but any styling like Condor or Logun etc and the cylinder may raise some eyebrows chiefly due to ignorance. But you cannot expect the person at the counter to be familiar with the latest in Airgunning.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

For Advertising mail webmaster
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:57 pm

Sid_klapur30";p="22724 wrote:http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/Gamo_Shado ... 004554.htm

check out this link is it worth the money though seems pretty cheap or is there something i didnt bother to see

and dev dont worry ill get the very same ones with the bill and all the papers you just be ready with my beer :)
If you look in american airgun classifieds sites. You may get something better with just a little extra money...like a Diana 35, 48. If i remember correctly i recently saw one Diana 52 for $235 in good condition.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:03 am

hey inder thanks for the help but the diana 52 is a little beyond my budget remember the fact that i got to pay the duty aswell :(

well any how which ever gun i intend buyingi shall post about it 2 days before i buy it

Thanks guys
cheers

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Customs Duty Of Air Rifle

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:40 am

Hey no problem Sid,

Where in US are you coming?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:19 pm

am going to new york visiting my brother there so though might as well pick up something there

hey from where can i check out about the dealers in new york

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

gamo shadow?

Post by dev » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:20 pm

Sid_klapur30";p="22724 wrote:http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/Gamo_Shado ... 004554.htm

check out this link is it worth the money though seems pretty cheap or is there something i didnt bother to see

Please get something better. Maybe stoop to the level of an RWS 34, still better than a gamo. You can find one at a lot of places at a good price. Look around for a beeman R7, it a HW and has a superior trigger.

and dev dont worry ill get the very same ones with the bill and all the papers you just be ready with my beer :)
Beer done my man even kebabs if you are so inclined. ;-)

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:24 pm

Sid_klapur30";p="22777 wrote: am going to new york visiting my brother there so though might as well pick up something there

hey from where can i check out about the dealers in new york
Ohhh....ohhh... you be in deep dodo. New York itself is totally no gun area. Very difficult laws and permit chuckker. New York the state is different. Some yank please chime in.

Dev

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:27 pm

Its a deal then
one more thing ull have to show me how to clean my rifle as well :) or am in exceeding my limits 8)

no more commitments till i get a gun now

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:25 pm

Not gun, rifle or you'll have to sing the old marines ditty standing in the rain with your one hand close to your front pocket.
'This is my rifle, this is my gun..." ;-)

Regards,

Dev

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:58 pm

lol point taken