Applied for arms license delhi

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Applied for arms license delhi

Post by inplainsight » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:21 am

SS wrote: Absolutely incorrect. I know of someone who had an income of a few hundred Rs (bank interest!) and got a license in this category.

Real life example aside, the law itself very clearly states that financial status will in no way determine the approval or rejection of an arms license.

Rahul has approached the court and the Arms Act will determine the outcome. If not at the LG court, definitely at the high court.
I think I know him too! He's my hero :). Didn't he get his licence cancelled for being too awesome?

PS. He filed an urgent application and managed to get his appeal listed for 27/11/2013

For Advertising mail webmaster
farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:40 pm

SS wrote:
farook wrote:
rahulbdelhi wrote:Thanks for the suggestions Farook. Unfortunately I don't come anywhere near to being a state or district level shooter. I had applied under self defense category.
Under this category they would see your net worth. You need to be having a pretty hefty Income Tax Return and own the house you live in.
Absolutely incorrect. I know of someone who had an income of a few hundred Rs (bank interest!) and got a license in this category.

Real life example aside, the law itself very clearly states that financial status will in no way determine the approval or rejection of an arms license.

Rahul has approached the court and the Arms Act will determine the outcome. If not at the LG court, definitely at the high court.
Even in the appeal sir they are going to ask you the same question. Why do you want it. If your living in a isolated place as home defense you can get a shotgun or rifle. Some examples for a obtaining a pistol/ revolver license for self defense under threat to life. A whole sale trader carrying cash. An individual travelling interstate frequently on business trips, A person working late night shifts and travelling in isolated areas. Someone who is a big dept and thinks his life is under threat. A person who has inherited a large amount of wealth and anticipates threat to life. Unless you have a good reason I really wont expect anything positive. Thanks to Rahi Sarobat, Vijay kumar and other sport shooters the MHA is now started to segregate the sport of shooting from the general arms license applicants. The easiest way of getting it is to reach your state level competition through NRAI. There after if you reach the nationals and win with a qualifying score you could import a weapon of your choice.
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:59 pm

Farooq your talking about threat, income or property has no legal value under Arms Act 1959. At the most all these are creation of the figments of imagination of the bureaucrats. Let us not spread these baseless ideas.

Legally speaking even a homeless person living on pavement besides the road has right to get an arms license under Arms Act 1959. I have explained in detail elsewhere in this forum that arms are acknowledged as fundamental right by Constitution and Arms Act 1959 is a law to regulate this fundamental right.

I would request you to understand the legality of the matter under discussion, before giving suggestions that have no legal basis whatsoever. It does not help the readers except getting a very wrong idea of how to get an arms license.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:17 pm

inplainsight wrote:
SS wrote: Absolutely incorrect. I know of someone who had an income of a few hundred Rs (bank interest!) and got a license in this category.

I think I know him too! He's my hero :). Didn't he get his licence cancelled for being too awesome?

PS. He filed an urgent application and managed to get his appeal listed for 27/11/2013
:lol:
Awesomeness comes at a price!
Glad to hear the 27th date. I know of a few more ppl who are going to be there. :D

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Appeal rejected by LG

Post by rahulbdelhi » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:41 pm

Hi all,

Today I had my hearing in LG's court and he rejected my appeal.

He asked me why I wanted a license. I said , for self defense, basically to protect myself and my family from any expected or unexpected threat. He said "Thats not a good reason. Rejected. Thank you". The whole conversation lasted less than 30 seconds.

I am exploring the feasibility of appealing in HC. Any suggestions regrading the costs involved, lawyers etc. ?

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Appeal rejected by LG

Post by farook » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:21 pm

rahulbdelhi wrote:Hi all,

Today I had my hearing in LG's court and he rejected my appeal.

He asked me why I wanted a license. I said , for self defense, basically to protect myself and my family from any expected or unexpected threat. He said "Thats not a good reason. Rejected. Thank you". The whole conversation lasted less than 30 seconds.

I am exploring the feasibility of appealing in HC. Any suggestions regrading the costs involved, lawyers etc. ?

It has been sometime we have heard from good boy mentor
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

nevil
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by nevil » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:29 pm

Its really sad and disheartening to see that even after sixty seven years of independence we are at this primitive stage where one cannot even enjoy a sport freely. As very rightly pointed out by many members it is not a favour but a right. Hats off to you guys you really have patience and grit, I hope things work out as you take your stand am sure that your perseverance will pay off best of luck

atalgotra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by atalgotra » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:13 pm

@rahulbdelhi

Rahul Sir, My appeal at LG has been rejected. Now I'm filing a writ petition next week. If you also want to do the same please contact. The lawyer I approached is very senior in Supreme court. He is very positive about my case.

Tarun34
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Tarun34 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Hi every one here !!

I just joined today only but i have been a keen reading worm of this site's topics and due to that i got all the info i needed to apply for an arms license in delhi and after a struggle of nearly one year i got my arms license yesterday valid for delhi on as if now soo i just joined to write this post here becoz i wanted to thank the moderator of this site and many great members of this beautiful and warm gun loving site . There for the credit of me getting the license goes to all u great minds who has been helping freshers like me . I m in great debts of many people whom i never met and never talked to . The list is endless but some members i want to thank specially are mr inplainsight , mr ss and rest i m sorry not able to recall . I have deep condolences for the ones who are still on there way to get their license . Best of luck to rahul delhi and mr inplainsight as his was revoked from him . I wish them all the luck thanks once again i feel soo relived after thanking u all . Cheers to all

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:34 am

Hi Tarun,

Congratulations on getting the license. Glad to hear we have another enthusiast amongst us. In today's world applying for a license has become a will power test in itself. Do share what firearm you applied for and what you purchase.

Safe shooting.

Cheers,
SS

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:16 pm

Tarun34,

Congratulations on getting your licence. Do join NAGRI.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

rahulbdelhi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by rahulbdelhi » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:31 am

Belated congrats, Tarun34 on getting your license.

@atalgotra - wish you all the best for your HC writ. I am not in India at present, but do keep us updated about the progress of your case.

Tarun34
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Tarun34 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:04 pm

Thanks mr. ss , mr vikram and mr rahul for your wishes !!

Tarun34
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Tarun34 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:07 pm

sir Mr. ss ,

what you said is totally right it ws a test of my patience and will , but eventually you have to keep it calm and should pursue the ultimate goal.
i want to share the information of what i did after getting my license as well as u asked me to share the info on weapon too .
sir i have applied a .32cal IOF mark 3 revolver from kanpur , field gun factory . I got the call letter after i applied on 3rd Aug 2014 and got the date of collection on 11th sep 2014 , i will also share a soft copy of that . I did go to diff gun smiths around in delhi after i applied the gun from kanpur, but all they offer were old IOF revolver and pistols but at higher price , then going for imported weapon also seemed illogical to me as they were too old ( before 1984 made for sure ) and the prices are eventually very high soo didnot seem worth buying them . I didnot go for the IOF pistol coz i heard many drawbacks of it like jamming problems , spring problems, a bullet fed in the barrel once cocked, etc compared to a more simple mechanism of a revolver for a fresh start for a kid like me its more safe as well .
The other things i did are getting a membership of SAI (Dr. Karni shooting range ) under come and play scheme max membership issued for 7 months in one go after that you have to renew it , the range opens from 6am to 6pm thats what i was told.
I also got enrolled my self in NRAI life time membership but havent received both the membership cards yet but soon i will . After getting the weapon i will share its pics too though i know all of us have seen and are totally aware of the basic IOF revolvers
THANKS
i will b happy to help who soever needs it .

Tarun34
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Tarun34 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:29 pm

photo 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.