How to transfer arms licence

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Akash Mishra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

How to transfer arms licence

Post by Akash Mishra » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:16 pm

Dear Frns,
How can we transfer our arms licence frm one state (M.P in my case) to other state.
What is the procedure?

For Advertising mail webmaster
veeveeaar
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: How to transfer arms licence

Post by veeveeaar » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:42 pm

Mr, Mishra if you are transferring your residence permanently,First deposit your weapon at the local armory or police station, get documents, physically go to the required new state, Get proof of permanent residence at the new state and apply to both the old and new district licencing authorities simultaneously , stating your transfer of residence , so that they will cross check you antecedents and issue you a new licence and number pertaining to the new state and district.

Harjan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Harjan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi,
Just to confirm Mr Veeveeaar, would this imply submitting a fresh license request/application in the new state ?
In my case I have a license with area validity of just Delhi and I have recently moved to Gurgaon.

Thanks

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:47 pm

If I am able to recall correctly, you need to get transit license to Gurgaon and then register your license with LA at Gurgaon. You may also search this website to find answers or read Arms Rules 1962.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992