Can OCI represent India?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
prasad.tamhane
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Can OCI represent India?

Post by prasad.tamhane » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi I have been reading the following article about American-born shooter Shoharab Singh Gill. Can someone throw more light on this? Can OCI represent India in any sporting event?

http://www.business-standard.com/india/ ... 2/90698/on

For Advertising mail webmaster
madanvishal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Can OCI represent India?

Post by madanvishal » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:00 pm

Hi Prasad,

Was searching for something similar and came across your post?
Have you got any further updates on this?
Me and my son ( Both OCI holders but born in India ) have entered Pistol shooting and were curious to know till what level we can compete being OCI holders. State / Nationals. I don't think representing India is an option for us with this article. But would like to know if atleast playing Nationals is a possibility.
The NRAI registration asks for a passport copy so presenting a foreign passport copy itself, I believe might make us ineligible for registration.

Appreciate your experience with these matters

Regards

Vishal

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Can OCI represent India?

Post by mundaire » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:05 pm

You can't represent India, but you can participate right up to Nationals under foreign citizen category.

Under this category you will NOT be eligible for winning any medals, though you can still achieve renowned shooter status (upon hitting the required score) and avail those benefits.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein