Time between licence and purchase

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Sudipto
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Time between licence and purchase

Post by Sudipto » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:26 pm

Is there any maximum time between the issue of a licence and purchase of the weapon? I mean, if I don't buy the weapon within a particular time period after the licence is issued is it possible that the licence will lapse?

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:47 pm

The answer to both questions is yes! When your license is issued it will have a purchase period entered on it - IIRC typically 6 months. You must either purchase a gun within this time period and have it entered on the license OR you must have it (the purchase period) extended by another 6 months.... the latter course of action can be troublesome at times, especially if you have already had the purchase period extended once...

Many people simply purchase a cheap gun to "hold on to" the license while they carry out their search for a gun of their choice - at which time they sell the gun back to the dealer from whom they bought the gun (less a pre-agreed fee for the dealer).

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Sudipto
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sudipto » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:08 pm

Thanks Abhijeet for the prompt reply.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:34 pm

Abhijeet,

I don't know about the rest of India but in Bangalore the purchase period has been reduced from six to three months.

Mack The Knife

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:35 am

Hi
i need to check on my license, even in delhi i think its now 3 months.I am due for renewal, when i go i can check that out.

Ali