RTI regarding Ammo Quota (Delhi Police)

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
BowMan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: RTI regarding Ammo Quota (Delhi Police)

Post by BowMan » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:17 pm

A1) At the time of issuance of fresh Arms License, a quota cartridges of 25/50 is allotted to all license holder, as per existing norm in accordance with S.O. No. 264.
I believe use of the word NORM belies some weakness of argument here.

How and when did this norm come to exist and does this have any legal/judicial sanction? Was this 'norm' notified by the Central Government vide a notification in the Official Gazette (is this not a legal prerequisite according to sec 44 of arms act)?

How is this norm justified in terms of legal background of Arms Act and lawful rights of a gun permit holder granted by it? Can norms or conventions be a valid justification to curtail laws, rights and privileges guaranteed by legislation and should norms take precedent over acts?

What is logical and scientific reasoning behind arriving at this norm let alone discuss if this quota is sufficient or not?

For Advertising mail webmaster
inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:35 pm

Which is why I'm seeking a copy of this document. We can't question the logic behind a policy but we sure as hell can and will question the legality of it.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:08 am

Got a reply! The SO 264/09 is 117 pages long! I'm going and depositing the money on Monday and getting a copy, will post it here.

vivekgarg
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vivekgarg » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:37 pm

inplainsight wrote:Got a reply! The SO 264/09 is 117 pages long! I'm going and depositing the money on Monday and getting a copy, will post it here.
Hi,
Hope you were able to ge the copy of SO 264/09. Please post for our info.
Thanks &Regards
Vivek