Delhi Arms License Rejected

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Re: Delhi Arms License Rejected

Post by AgentDoubleS » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:15 pm

TC, everyone listens to their wife, only some acknowledge it on a public forum, like our friend just subtly has :wink: :lol:

Keep us posted inplainsight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:04 pm

inplainsight wrote:
TC wrote:Thank you SS but I think we are shifting focus .... have we been able to convince our friend inplainsight that he should listen to his wife and settle for the Webley ?

:D

TC
In a a predicament right now, not sure if I should be spending my money to add to my family jewels or spending it to save my 'family jewels' some day ROTFL

On a serious note, I think I'm going to take my mom's Webley and get her a .22 revolver (maybe an IOF), since she has trouble with the break action.
Your serious note sounds most sensible my friend. I would have done the same. Invest the money in gold / diamonds and a new .22 IOF.

TC

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Got the license in my hand today. The made all the fresh licensees sign the following
I hereby declare that having been granted an arm license, take upon self, the following responsibilities

I will act as eyes and ears of delhi police
I will try to gather any suspicious information/activity in the surrounding area and intimate Delhi police immediately regarding the same
I will help delhi police in maintaining law &order, in the area
Also, they gave everyone a 'Weapons Handling' class before handling over the licenses. The highlights of this class were

1. The instructor did not do a safety check on ANY weapon
2. He must have pointed it directly at the licensees and dry fired it 15 - 20 times.
3. He advised everyone to keep two chambers of a revolver empty at all costs (the one below the hammer and the first one)
4. Told us how to clear a misfeed in a pistol. Slide the hammer a few times, if that does not help then point in the sky and pull the hammer!

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Congratulations inplainsight.
inplainsight wrote: 1. The instructor did not do a safety check on ANY weapon
2. He must have pointed it directly at the licensees and dry fired it 15 - 20 times.
You guys are really lucky to have come out of the "class" safe and sound.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:07 pm

inplainsight wrote:Got the license in my hand today. The made all the fresh licensees sign the following
I hereby declare that having been granted an arm license, take upon self, the following responsibilities

I will try to gather any suspicious information/activity in the surrounding area and intimate Delhi police immediately regarding the same
Also, they gave everyone a 'Weapons Handling' class before handling over the licenses. The highlights of this class were

3. He advised everyone to keep two chambers of a revolver empty at all costs (the one below the hammer and the first one)
4. Told us how to clear a misfeed in a pistol. Slide the hammer a few times, if that does not help then point in the sky and pull the hammer!
ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Thank god he did not try to give a demo of his skills with live ammo ROTFL

Congrats inplainsight.. once again

TC

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:09 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL All the license holders are now educated in procedure - Snoop for the cops and wave revolvers to clear them!!
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:17 pm

inplainsight wrote:Got the license in my hand today. The made all the fresh licensees sign the following

Will the Delhi Government be paying you a salary for your services rendered ?
inplainsight wrote: Also, they gave everyone a 'Weapons Handling' class before handling over the licenses. The highlights of this class were

To me it seems he was more into intimidating the fresh licensees ROTFL

F-N-Five-Seven
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:45 am

Are the above not the responsibilities of any good citizen? But is it necessary for them to ask you to sign a declaration to that effect.
Regards,
Anand

avi88
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by avi88 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:40 am

FN-Five-Seven wrote:
inplainsight wrote:The more I think about it the more confused I am. I'd love to have a good pistol, but I'm not exactly willing to pay 40 times the market (US) price!
It is not just about paying 40 times the market price . It is about paying that much for a gun which is atleast 27 years old .

Now if a gun had been in the family , a person would know about the history of the gun , how well had it been maintained . But when you buy a gun from a gun dealer , you have very less or no idea , as it how it has been used or abused . How many rounds have been fired through it , and what typed of ammunition have been used . How many times has the gun been repaired , and if all the defects have been sorted out or some still persist .

This is the technical side of the gun , now the legal side .

Has the gun been legally imported into the country ? Has the gun been ever used in any crime ?

These are the question which might some day rob you of your night's sleep .

F-N-Five-Seven

Old is Gold mate!

I have acquired an 85 year old 1910 Browning few years ago.

If today I have a choice to get it replaced with Glock,Smith,Colt etc or with 5 IOF pistols/revolver, I will definitely refuse the offer.

When I bought this pistol, same time I could get a brand new 357 magnum for half the price.

Mate it's worth it!

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:52 pm

inplainsight, Congratulations. Good luck with finding the right jewel! Have you applied for the DRSA membership? The commitee meeting will happen sometime soon so you might want to rush it.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:08 pm

SS wrote:inplainsight, Congratulations. Good luck with finding the right jewel! Have you applied for the DRSA membership? The commitee meeting will happen sometime soon so you might want to rush it.
:) Thanks guys. DSRA membership has been pending for a few weeks, I spoke to Mr. Sharma a few days ago and he assured me that it should be done in mid Feb.

Thanks for the advice though.

FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:45 pm

avi88 wrote:
Old is Gold mate!

If today I have a choice to get it replaced with Glock,Smith,Colt etc or with 5 IOF pistols/revolver, I will definitely refuse the offer.

When I bought this pistol, same time I could get a brand new 357 magnum for half the price.

Mate it's worth it!

I think , I won't be wrong if I say , that you were looking forward to acquisition of the 1910 Browning pistol for a long long time . Would I be ?

Congrats for the same :D

F-N-Five-Seven
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .

avi88
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by avi88 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:53 am

FN-Five-Seven wrote:
avi88 wrote:
Old is Gold mate!

Mate it's worth it!

I think , I won't be wrong if I say , that you were looking forward to acquisition of the 1910 Browning pistol for a long long time . Would I be ?

Congrats for the same :D

F-N-Five-Seven

Thanks FN,

I would like to advise you that; I was looking in particular for .32 firearm. I had a choice of brand new Beretta tomcat & other used one like cz, webley, walther etc. Even price wasn't the factor either coz the other other ones were below $1000 & I have paid over $1000 for this one. That's a magnificent piece.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:22 am

007 reporting for duites sor, i spy with my tiny little eye a cop taking a bride.lol
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:07 am

nagarifle wrote:i spy with my tiny little eye a cop taking a bride
Aren't we a PG 13 forum? ROTFL. I'd love to quote TC here, I LOVE these typos!