Delhi Arms License Rejected

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Delhi Arms License Rejected

Post by inplainsight » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:06 pm

Thanks Nishant! Really appreciate your support and the support of the other members on this forum (Arjun, Abhijeet, Anand, WTP, GBM, and many many others)

For Advertising mail webmaster
AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:55 pm

Excellent news! A well derserved win for you. Congratulations inplainsight.

Regards,
SS

renjith747
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by renjith747 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:09 pm

Congratulations for your achievement :cheers:

Regards
Renjith

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:40 am

inplainsight! Congratulations!

I would also like to thank you for having the guts to keep posting about this long drawn out "tamasha" while it was actually ongoing.
I'm really glad your perseverance paid off. I hope this saga of yours will encourage others to follow the same path and provide a road map for those who are not sure of what path to take.

It is a shame that certain elements of the bureaucracy refuse to follow the law and instead seem to take pleasure in tormenting the people they are supposed to serve.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:18 am

Thanks SS, Renjith & XL,

XL, I think if most of the people who were rejected decided to fight this and not look for a 'jugard' or give up, then we won't have this 'tamasha'. I saw the amount of paperwork that the Licensing folks had to process for my appeal, I really don't think they would be able to handle a 1000 appeals a month!

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:04 pm

Congratulations inplainsight! Well deserved indeed :) So, do we see an application being filed for a shotgun addition soon after the Delhi State event this year? ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:43 pm

inplainsight,
Congratulations on the license.
I am guessing you are looking at buying a handgun? May i suggest that you start practising for one of the handgun disciplines now taking ammunition from the DSRA.
Regards
To Excellence through Diligence.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:49 pm

mundaire wrote:Congratulations inplainsight! Well deserved indeed :) So, do we see an application being filed for a shotgun addition soon after the Delhi State event this year? ;)
Thanks Abhijeet! Yes, just waiting to get the actual license in my hand and start practicing.
Safarigent wrote:inplainsight,
Congratulations on the license.
I am guessing you are looking at buying a handgun? May i suggest that you start practising for one of the handgun disciplines now taking ammunition from the DSRA.
Thanks Arjun! Yup, just trying to decide between an HSc and a PP (I'm yet to locate an affordable one). I'm hoping to acquire it by next week and start shooting by next weekend :)
Thanks for all your advice.

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:52 pm

I would actually suggest you pick up an IOF. Spend the extra money on buying ammunition for practise to become proficient.
But thats your call.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:58 pm

Safarigent wrote:I would actually suggest you pick up an IOF. Spend the extra money on buying ammunition for practise to become proficient.
But thats your call.
Would the IOF be safe to carry on me with one in the chamber? I've heard so many conflicting views.

Ideally I'd like something with a manual decocker, DA/SA trigger and loaded chamber indicator. I've only seen the HSc, PP and PPK in this config, am I missing anything?

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Arjun, BTW you might find this interesting. When the ACP approved my license and informed me that it should be ready for pickup in a day or two, I asked him how long will the initial license will be valid for. He looked at me like I'm some sort of idiot and mentioned that 'all initial licenses are valid for 3 years'.

Safarigent
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Safarigent » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:25 pm

inplainsight,
I mysef am looking to apply for a handgun and will be buying an iof pistol.
Personally, i would not carry with a round chambered. Dont foresee any situation like that where i have to conceal carry a loaded firearm.
Anyway, thats my personal choice and i know of a lot of senior members who will disagree.
Thats your call to make.
I would rather be very proficient with the ashani than buy an expensive handgun for 7 times as much.
All the best and see you at the ranges

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:28 pm

inplainsight,

Hearty congratulations and wish you all the best with your sporting pursuits too. I am sure your perseverance will inspire others too who find themselves in similar situations.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Safarigent wrote:inplainsight,
I mysef am looking to apply for a handgun and will be buying an iof pistol.
Personally, i would not carry with a round chambered. Dont foresee any situation like that where i have to conceal carry a loaded firearm.
Anyway, thats my personal choice and i know of a lot of senior members who will disagree.
Thats your call to make.
I would rather be very proficient with the ashani than buy an expensive handgun for 7 times as much.
All the best and see you at the ranges
Lets see. I'm going to try all three (have insisted on firing two full mags each gun) next week and make a decision.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:40 pm

Vikram wrote:inplainsight,

Hearty congratulations and wish you all the best with your sporting pursuits too. I am sure your perseverance will inspire others too who find themselves in similar situations.

Best-
Vikram
Thanks Vikram, I'm going to be posting my appeal documents here (once I get my pistol endorsed) so that others can use it for their appeals.