Delhi Arms License Rejected

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Delhi Arms License Rejected

Post by TC » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:52 pm

Hi inplainsight, I am really very happy for you. You are one guy who never gave up.

Congratulations and get yourself a good weapon...

:cheers:

TC

For Advertising mail webmaster
inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:00 pm

TC wrote:Hi inplainsight, I am really very happy for you. You are one guy who never gave up.
Congratulations and get yourself a good weapon...
Thanks TC, couldn't have done it without you and this forum.

FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:38 pm

Hi inplainsight ,

Congratulation on getting your NPB handgun license .

Please do share the photos of your firearm , when you get your hands on one .

:)

F-N-FiveSeven
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:55 am

Why not a revolver? The IOF .32 revolver is a pretty decent firearm and at a VERY decent price (by Indian standards), nothing inherently wrong with it - except maybe that some may find its looks somewhat dated... at 80k or so including all taxes and a waiting period of just a couple of months, I'd pick it over any of the seriously overpriced semi-autos you have mentioned - in a heartbeat! As suggested, the balance monies would be well spent acquiring proficiency in using the firearm. Better a cheap gun you KNOW HOW to use WELL than any expensive one that you don't... at the end of the day it is a tool that is meant to serve you and not the other way round.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:15 am

mundaire wrote:Why not a revolver? The IOF .32 revolver is a pretty decent firearm and at a VERY decent price (by Indian standards), nothing inherently wrong with it - except maybe that some may find its looks somewhat dated... at 80k or so including all taxes and a waiting period of just a couple of months, I'd pick it over any of the seriously overpriced semi-autos you have mentioned - in a heartbeat! As suggested, the balance monies would be well spent acquiring proficiency in using the firearm. Better a cheap gun you KNOW HOW to use WELL than any expensive one that you don't... at the end of the day it is a tool that is meant to serve you and not the other way round.

Abhijeet,

You stole the very words my from mouth! My sentiments exactly.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:41 am

FN-Five-Seven wrote:Hi inplainsight ,

Congratulation on getting your NPB handgun license .

Please do share the photos of your firearm , when you get your hands on one .
Thanks. Yes, will do.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:01 am

mundaire wrote:Why not a revolver? The IOF .32 revolver is a pretty decent firearm and at a VERY decent price (by Indian standards), nothing inherently wrong with it - except maybe that some may find its looks somewhat dated... at 80k or so including all taxes and a waiting period of just a couple of months, I'd pick it over any of the seriously overpriced semi-autos you have mentioned - in a heartbeat! As suggested, the balance monies would be well spent acquiring proficiency in using the firearm. Better a cheap gun you KNOW HOW to use WELL than any expensive one that you don't... at the end of the day it is a tool that is meant to serve you and not the other way round.
My mother has a Webley & Scott .32. It's a pretty sweet gun, but I find it too bulky for daily concealed carry. I don't know, I've never been a big fan of revolvers. The more I think about it the more confused I am. I'd love to have a good pistol, but I'm not exactly willing to pay 40 times the market (US) price!

Maybe I should take my wife's advice, after I told her the price of a PP, when it comes to this, "Get lost! Take your Mom's revolver, buy me 3 solitaries and quit cribbing!!"

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:07 am

Your wife is a very sensible woman. Listen to her. :)
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:46 pm

inplainsight wrote:The more I think about it the more confused I am. I'd love to have a good pistol, but I'm not exactly willing to pay 40 times the market (US) price!
It is not just about paying 40 times the market price . It is about paying that much for a gun which is atleast 27 years old .

Now if a gun had been in the family , a person would know about the history of the gun , how well had it been maintained . But when you buy a gun from a gun dealer , you have very less or no idea , as it how it has been used or abused . How many rounds have been fired through it , and what typed of ammunition have been used . How many times has the gun been repaired , and if all the defects have been sorted out or some still persist .

This is the technical side of the gun , now the legal side .

Has the gun been legally imported into the country ? Has the gun been ever used in any crime ?

These are the question which might some day rob you of your night's sleep .

F-N-Five-Seven
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:54 pm

Maybe I should take my wife's advice, after I told her the price of a PP, when it comes to this, "Get lost! Take your Mom's revolver, buy me 3 solitaries and quit cribbing!!"
inplainsight, listen to your wife because I am sure she meant solitaires and has no intention of leaving you in a solitary state with a PP in hand .... Oh I love these typos and keep making them myself ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

TC

PS : Wish my mom had a Webley too :D

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:02 pm

FN-Five-Seven wrote: It is not just about paying 40 times the market price . It is about paying that much for a gun which is atleast 27 years old .

Now if a gun had been in the family , a person would know about the history of the gun , how well had it been maintained . But when you buy a gun from a gun dealer , you have very less or no idea , as it how it has been used or abused . How many rounds have been fired through it , and what typed of ammunition have been used . How many times has the gun been repaired , and if all the defects have been sorted out or some still persist .

This is the technical side of the gun , now the legal side .

Has the gun been legally imported into the country ? Has the gun been ever used in any crime ?

These are the question which might some day rob you of your night's sleep .

F-N-Five-Seven
Good point FN.

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:18 pm

TC wrote:inplainsight, listen to your wife because I am sure she meant solitaires and has no intention of leaving you in a solitary state with a PP in hand .... Oh I love these typos and keep making them myself ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
Good catch! ROTFL

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:50 pm

TC wrote: inplainsight, listen to your wife because I am sure she meant solitaires and has no intention of leaving you in a solitary state with a PP in hand .... Oh I love these typos and keep making them myself
Now that's a journalist's eye for proofreading content! Good catch TC.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Thank you SS but I think we are shifting focus .... have we been able to convince our friend inplainsight that he should listen to his wife and settle for the Webley ?

:D

TC

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:41 am

TC wrote:Thank you SS but I think we are shifting focus .... have we been able to convince our friend inplainsight that he should listen to his wife and settle for the Webley ?

:D

TC
In a a predicament right now, not sure if I should be spending my money to add to my family jewels or spending it to save my 'family jewels' some day ROTFL

On a serious note, I think I'm going to take my mom's Webley and get her a .22 revolver (maybe an IOF), since she has trouble with the break action.