Fees for carrying your fire arm in flight

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
sonuvecv
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Fees for carrying your fire arm in flight

Post by sonuvecv » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:29 am

Good Morning ,
Last week when I had flying from Delhi to Bhubaneshwar in Air India flight.during check in I asked the procedure for carrying firearm while flying,CISF person over there was very helpful and told me the whole procedure,But he also said that I will be charged 5000RS as fees for my revolver to be send with luggage during each flight.
Is it true,my liscence is valid for All India,But is it true that 5000 Rs as fees for transporting my firearm per flight?? Sorry if I placed this topic in wrong section but please provide the necessary information

Regards
Digvijay Singh Tomar

For Advertising mail webmaster
Ace_doc
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Fees for carrying your fire arm in flight

Post by Ace_doc » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:45 am

yep ! welcome to the club. i also got this rude shock this time around. apparently it has been in place for some time now.

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:10 am

Any idea if this one way fee of Rs. 5000 is applicable to firearms or also to competition air pistols ?

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:44 pm

Hello, the last time I travelled by flight with my revolver was in January 2012. I did not pay any thing extra. It was by Indigo Airlines. It appears that this policy is put in by individual airlines at their discretion and not by Govt. Policy.
Can you gentlemen name that airlines you travelled by?
thanks,
Regards,
Anand

tiwariarrun
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by tiwariarrun » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:38 pm

Always drop a mail to the airline companies for the right answers. I did..

Any firearm or an air pistol or a rifle is allowed in checked-baggage, with not more than 50 rounds of ammo. You;re liable to pay Rs. 5000- expect no waiver. Its waived off if you're a defense guy or a cop.

In case of competitions, Rs. 5000 is waived off if you provide them with club documents (ID proof and bonafide certificate from the club president or secretary) If you with to carry more than 50 rounds of ammo or more than one rifle or a pistol, you need DGCA permit as well.

guncrazy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by guncrazy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:39 pm

travelling by Air-India can save you that money

tiwariarrun
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by tiwariarrun » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:43 pm

Dear guncrazy,

Always do a good homework before posting. You're under some wrong impression mate. I guess yoou even forgot to read the first post. Read that first, and then go through the link below.

http://www.airindia.in/SBCMS/Webpages/D ... spx?MID=27#

Thanks,
AT

tiwariarrun
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by tiwariarrun » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:48 pm

It appears that this policy is put in by individual airlines at their discretion and not by Govt. Policy.
Dear Anand,

Policies keep changing every fortnight. So please make it sure to drop a mail to airline so know exactly how do you go about carrying it.

Also, the email serves as an important document just in case the airline guys or security guys create any trouble.

guncrazy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by guncrazy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:27 pm

Always do a good homework before posting. You're under some wrong impression mate. I guess yoou even forgot to read the first post. Read that first, and then go through the link below.

Dear tiwariarun ,
when you even differ from opinion there is something called politeness, two months back my friend went to Ishapore for collection of his .22 revolver and was charged 5000 Rs in a Pvt airline ( sorry, I don't remember the name ) it was then told that Air-India is not charging, now when I made this statement I did it deliberately after carrying my rifle to Kolkata-Delhi-Chandigarh and back, not a single penny was charged, now what are you going to do about that, file a case against Air-India or against me .

moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by moulindu » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi
I inquired about carrying an air rifle in Indigo to my brother (works in Indigo), he told me that for carrying any dangerous material the charge is Rs 5000. I tried to convince him that air rifle is not considered under Arms Act. But still he was persistent bout his company policies.......INSANE
Moulindu

icemanV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by icemanV » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:34 pm

This is correct.

I work for an airline. It was started by Jet Airways and now all airlines are charging Rs 5000/- one way.

No exceptions.

Ice

guncrazy
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by guncrazy » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:02 pm

Today I again went to Air-India office to confirm and they said that since all airlines are charging 5000/- they have also introduced this with their airline since Sep 2012.Exemptions will be made only for service weapons only on confirmation of their department letter. On issue of weapons being carried for sports provision they had no idea on the exemption.

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:45 pm

Yup checked with Indian Airlines, Indigo, Spice Jet and Jet Airways, Rs.5000 for transporting 1 licensed firearm in checked in baggage along with 50(or less) cartridges. :( Heck its like buying my firearm another seat :shock:
I am in Chennai currently and it s been a long time since I travelled without my revolver or pistol.
Indian Railways here I come! :roll:
Anand

moulindu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by moulindu » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:08 pm

Hi
Anand "Indian Railways here I come!" Dont forget to mention about ur weapon to the station master before boarding the coach
Thanks

rahul_does
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana
Location: Yamunanagar, India, My bike, wherever I keep my bag.

Post by rahul_does » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:15 pm

That is VERY steep.
Time heals many wounds and time wounds many heels.