increase in ammo authorisation

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

increase in ammo authorisation

Post by andy_65_in » Fri May 25, 2007 11:27 am

How can one seek an increase in the ammo authorisation of ones arms licences, mine at current authorise holding only 25 and buying 50 per year.what reasons are required to be given and if so to whom ie is it the licence issuing authority( from where i got the licence ) or else my current residentia state. both licences are all india. thanks

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri May 25, 2007 1:28 pm

Topic moved to the "Arms Law" section, members are requested to please post new threads in matching sections!

- Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

mehulkamdar

Re: increase in ammo authorisation

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri May 25, 2007 3:35 pm

Post edited:

Andy,

Since you have transferred your license to your current state of residence, it would be appropriate to talk to the Commissioner of Police where you are because they are your licensing authority now. Where you were issued the license is only of historical importance as you would have changed this, yourdriver's license, your ration card, PAN Card, Voter ID card etc to the new address and this would be your current domicile.

In any case, if you have doubts, meet your CoP and check directly with him.

And, post the information here after you do as it may benefit others who may have similar situations to resolve.

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Fri May 25, 2007 7:50 pm

Thanks for the advice Mehul. Will come back with suggestions once i get my ammo authorisation increased.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:39 am

Hi

Demand to increase the ammo quantity is not given so easily,.
The best way to hav that is u participate in some copmpititions at state and then national levels and then u can attach certificate and ask for ammo increase, its easier but yeah longer route
This is what i got from my experience.

Ali

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:39 pm

HI! most DC's ADC's in Punjab have power to enhance capacity upto 500 rounds by themeselves without any certificates ( cud vary frm state to state) After that u need to be a shooter having participated in some competitions and even then the sarkari baubus have a lot of leverage Only way to increase the quota is if u r a renowned shot - then produce the notification and have 15K ammo at one time....
Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:20 pm

HI! most DC's ADC's in Punjab have power to enhance capacity upto 500 rounds by themeselves without any certificates
There is no requirement of any certificate to increase the ammunition quota.The only thing is the licesning authority has to be convinced about the need for the enhancement and hence the certificates.Did not need any to get my quota enhanced.

penpusher

PS-Have seen licenses with the quota as 'unlimited'