PISTOL LICENCE IN DELHI

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
malikjatin
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

PISTOL LICENCE IN DELHI

Post by malikjatin » Sun May 13, 2007 4:46 pm

I am a new to this community and i am really happy that here all ppl have the same passion.,THE GUNS.
I am also quite passionate about having a gun.I live in Delhi and want to know that which is the best and easy way to get a licence here in Delhi for a pistol or a revolver.
I have read in some of the article that delhi is a well secured city and here its not easy to get a licence.but there must be an easy way of doing that which all you experienced people must be knowing.
plz help me.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: PISTOL LICENCE IN DELHI

Post by sa_ali » Sun May 13, 2007 10:12 pm

hi

for license you to walk into the DCP licensing office in def colony police station, get form from there and fill. You should some good reason to ask to that. Getting pistol/revolver license is more difficult than shotgun or rifle. If u hav business and u travel then u can substantiate the reason more.

Ali

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Mon May 14, 2007 2:19 am

hi malikjatin

i refer you to

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=504
malikjatin";p="20073 wrote: but there must be an easy way of doing that which all you experienced people must be knowing.
plz help me.
as sa ali said, handgun licenses are the hardest. the crux of the matter is getting to convince the dcp of your reason for applying....that interview is vital.

best of luck
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

malikjatin
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by malikjatin » Mon May 14, 2007 9:49 pm

thnx every1 very much for replying to my topic.
i have read the article for whch u sent the link.its quite helpful.
can u please tell me the easy ways or the reasons which i should say to him which cannot have an answer as NO.
i m a student and my father is a small business man.who shud apply and suggest sum gud reason so tht we get a licence by hook or crook,....lolz

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon May 14, 2007 10:15 pm

malikjatin

There is no way anyone here could advise you on how to get a gun license "by hook or by crook." That said, we could definitely advise you on the procedures for getting one. And, while getting a license may be difficult, it is not impossible. We also completely discourage anything illegal - I hope that is not what you mean by what you have posted above. Breaking the law is never worth it.

If you have difficulties in getting a license, engage a lawyer to do your paperwork and represent the matter to the licensing authorities. Joining a rifle club would also help.

Good luck and do let us know how it goes.

malikjatin
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by malikjatin » Sun May 20, 2007 2:39 pm

sir i want some more replies....
you all are reallly experienced .
and tell me the legal way and sum reasons too

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Sun May 20, 2007 3:53 pm

:? :?

i don't get it.hmmmmmmm, what ARE we missing? you have the links to the official procedure that abhijeet has kindly compiled, and pages after pages of people's experiences in the game in the pistols and arms laws sections. i assure you the procedure is exactly as is it written in the links. so read them all up, go up to the licensing office near the moolchand flyover and get started.
as for engaging a lawyer, find out one and present your case. (or do you have any specific question ?)
malikjatin";p="20129 wrote: get a licence by hook or crook,....lolz

this is a forum devoted to a sensitive topic, we will all help you as long as you are legal and honest. but please do not expect us to offer shortcuts, we do not know of any, and would recommend you to stay away from any proferred. a jail term, long or short, is not really worth it. so, please be serious .

best of luck
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

malikjatin
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by malikjatin » Sun May 20, 2007 5:14 pm

yeah sir
i know tht u will suggest legal means..also i didnt mean 'by hook and crook' that i want a licence illegaly.
i jus want to clarify my doubt that if a person does not have big business and much of balance in banks or any case against him,what r the easy procedures of getting a licence,i read the topic which u ppl have suggested .thnx for tht.
but plz suggest me wt i want.even i can join any club if u suggest.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Sun May 20, 2007 7:53 pm

Why would one need a firearm if it is not for sports or self-defence...??
The procedure to obtain a arms license is very clearly mentioned and I am not sure if any 'other' way can be suggested.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon May 21, 2007 1:22 am

The officially acceptable "reason(s)" for wanting to acquire a firearm by a private citizen are -

1) Sports/ target shooting - relevant club membership, participation certificates, etc. to be attached with application

2) Self defence - verifiable threat to person or property must be proved - the onus on proving this rests with the applicant

3) Crop protection - applicant must possess farmland and relevant property papers to be attached

4) Transfer of family heirloom - applicant would need to prove inheritance in his/ her favour, by submitting the proper legal will of the deceased OR (in the case of there being no will) the applicant must submit an affidavit duly signed by all other legal heirs - stating that none of them have any objection to the applicant having the gun(s) transferred on his/ her name

HTH

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon May 21, 2007 1:26 am

P.S. - Newcomers are REQUESTED to please use the search feature on this site and to browse relevant sections of this site to see if the subject of query has been posted about before and answered.

Unless members demonstrate the desire and initiative to help themselves by doing AT LEAST this much, they should not be disappointed if more senior members ignore their posts.... After all no one enjoys answering the same question repeatedly - it's bloody boring!!
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein