Can a arms license transfer possible from father to son ?

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
lakecity_shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Can a arms license transfer possible from father to son

Post by lakecity_shooter » Sun May 27, 2012 8:47 pm

@Safarigent.....yes dude i read u very well but the only point about my concern is that i need a real rifle . am having airguns from more than a decade..if i want a rifle why to compete in competitions and becomming a member of shooting clubs as according to arms act nthing is required than a clean character.i decided that if they reject my application i will go to high court for that .
"Defeat is a choice so as victory,You are never beaten till u decide"

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun May 27, 2012 9:18 pm

Please read Section 13 of Arms Act 1959 carefully again, it is not rifle but shotgun. For .22 rifle you are required to be member of rifle club. If you have decided to go to High Court if required for rifle, then pre plan and proceed accordingly from the begining of license application proceess itself.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

lakecity_shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by lakecity_shooter » Sun May 27, 2012 9:36 pm

Where can i get a copy of arms act ??????????

anybody having soft copy ???????????
"Defeat is a choice so as victory,You are never beaten till u decide"

renjith747
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by renjith747 » Sun May 27, 2012 9:44 pm

@ lakecity_shooter
i dont have any soft copy of the arms act but i can give you an online link sometimes this may help you.

http://www.helplinelaw.com/docs/THE%20A ... CT,%201959

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun May 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Can get copy of Arms Act 1959 and its Rules direct from the MHA website. Can go to MHA website, on left hand side click on "Organisational Setup", then go to Internal Security-II Division and click on "More..". You will come to this page http://mha.nic.in/uniquepage.asp?Id_Pk=567 You will get Arms Act 1959 and its Rules on this page.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Sun May 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Here is an extract from the link that goodboy_mentor has posted above, from under the heading "Arms and Ammunation Policy for individuals" page no. 6

9. Grant of Arms licences under family Heirloom - Transfer of PB/ NPB weapons of an existing licensee to his/her legal heir is allowed, if the licencee had held the weapon for a period of 25 years or more or the licensee has attained the age of 70 years or more. Applications for transfer of PB and NPB weapons are considered, respectively, by MHA and State Government/DM, subject to the condition that the legal heir should be eligible to get the license under the Arms Act and should be capable of handling the weapon. At present, the applications for transfer of licence in favour of son/ daughter/wife/husband, as per wish of the licensee during his life time, are considered under the scope of “legal heir” in family heirloom cases. After the death of the licensee, transfer of weapon in favour of son/daughter/wife/ husband is also considered subject to no objection from other legal heirs. In some cases, requests have been received from licensees to allow transfer of weapon in favour of son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother, sister, or other relation such as nephew etc. on the ground that son/daughter is settled abroad and/or not willing/not in a position to acquire the weapon or the licensee does not have any son/daughter of his own. It has accordingly been decided to widen the scope of “legal heir” to include son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brother and sister of the licensee on the merits of each case, in addition to son, daughter, wife and husband, to whom the licensee will be free to transfer his weapon as per his wish during his life time. After the death of the licensee, the transfer of weapon may also be allowed in favour of son-in-law/ daughter-in-law/ brother/sister on merits subject to “No objection Certificate” from other legal heirs.
Last edited by Vineet on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

lala1
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Can a arms license transfer possible from father to son ?

Post by lala1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:22 pm

i want to tranfer the licence to my son

lala1
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Can a arms license transfer possible from father to son ?

Post by lala1 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:44 am

i want to tranfer the licence to my son write me the possible way

ranvir.shokar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ranvir.shokar » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:54 pm

andy_65_in wrote:youll have to apply for a licence yourself first,get it and then transfer the weapon on your name.i have done the same for myself many years ago
Hi was it anyhow easier to acquire the AL if you father is getting old and want me get a AL n transfer the gun to me? He has a arminius which we don’t want to sell.