Reconditioning of guns

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Reconditioning of guns

Post by HydNawab » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:29 pm

Hi Guys

What I would like to know is that if the govt allows you to take a weapon outside the country for repair/reconditioning and reimport it back?

If so, what kind of permits do you require and who issues the permits?

Im sure it would be a hassle.Are there any good gunsmiths who can recondition a weapon for example, reblueing and reconditioning the stock without changing it?

Cheers

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

For Advertising mail webmaster
Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Reconditioning of guns

Post by Risala » Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:00 am

Ashar,

Cant comment on the first part whether exports for repairs,refurbishing etc are allowed.
The best person to advise on this would be penpusher,suggest send him a PM.

WRT permissions for repairs abroad,if at all allowed it would include the DGFT and Min of Home Affairs in Delhi in conjunction with the local Licencing & EXIM authorities in your case Hyd.

WRT repairs in Delhi there is Shamshudin Gun House,have seen them refurbish a 12 G H & H,a while ago but never did see the end result.
He is currently restoring a gun for a Hyd collector,where the cost for the furniture alone is close to a Lakh.

There is a bloke in D'Doon,whose work can be seen under the Fine Guns Section,the post was by Danish,under the head "Guns belonging to Shahid" he restored a Win 270.Personally I quite liked what I saw in the pictures.
You can ask Danish for the contact should you like the work.

Am sure other IFG members can come up with a few names in their neighbourhood.

HTH

Best

Sanjay