Applying Pistol License in Tamil Nadu Tips

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
savio
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Applying Pistol License in Tamil Nadu Tips

Post by savio » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:25 am

Pistol License in Tamil Nadu
Member Plz Post your Advice and Tip For Pistol License in Tamil Nadu
1.Who can apply For pistol License ?
2.If application Rejected how to Appeal?
3.Rifle club member can Demand a Pistol License?
4.How to convert SBBL to Pistol or applying pistol License who already having SBBL or other gun ?

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Applying Pistol License in Tamil Nadu Tips

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:04 pm

1.Who can apply For pistol License ?
Anyone can "apply", there is no bar for merely "applying" for license. Basically any person who does not have in the records of police, of being involved in heinous crimes can apply and get license provided he is not disqualified as per Section 14 of Arms Act 1959.
2.If application Rejected how to Appeal?
Get the reason for rejection in writing from the licensing authority and appeal to the appellate authority in writing.
3.Rifle club member can Demand a Pistol License?
Anyone can apply. No special treatment for rifle club members except they can claim(support with documents) that they need pistol for target practice etc.
4.How to convert SBBL to Pistol or applying pistol License who already having SBBL or other gun ?
You do not have to convert, just apply for additional firearm. Once you get additional firearm, if desired may sell the previous firearm. Related judgement can be read at http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 89#p113930 Also may read these judgements http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15638
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

sundari
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sundari » Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:28 am

I am a woman.I need a gun for safety purpose.Can i apply for this

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Your question has already been answered in my previous post. Please read it again.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

Arun Prasath
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Arun Prasath » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:13 pm

I need a fire arm to protect me.where i want to apply for getting a license