"Buying a firearm from a dealer out of Bangalore"

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: "Buying a firearm form a dealer out of Bangalore&qu

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:36 pm

Denzil,

You may have gotten away with transfering the rifle without the necessary paper work but I don't think you should advice others to do the same. The bloke could get in trouble.

Do you have an all India licence?

Mack The Knife

For Advertising mail webmaster
denzilmatthew
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: "Buying a firearm from a dealer out of Bangalore&qu

Post by denzilmatthew » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:44 pm

Hi Mack The Knife,

At the time of buying the weapon my license was only all M.P. and was not of all India.

Hi Paul,

My advice is don't get envolved in this dealer business he is just making money he is straightly making 25000/- profit. Form IOFB the price is only 63,000/- so if you want I can help you out.

Denzil

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:49 pm

While that is a generous offer on your part Denzil, How will you ensure that unfilled paper work wont cause him trouble in the future?
Considering that arms laws are only open to interpretation by 3rd div clerks at the best, suggest you be complete and above board in the paper filing!
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

denzilmatthew
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: "Buying a firearm from a dealer out of Bangalore&qu

Post by denzilmatthew » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:56 pm

Hi eljefe,

If you have NOC from your place then factory itself endorse the weapon on ur license and will give you all the required documents which you can produce to the arms clerk at your place.

denzil

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:08 pm

Sounds Good.
If the factory has such sweeping jurisdiction, then shouldnt be a major issue.IIRC most times, the trouble is caused by 'Gandhi seekers' of the uniformed kind!
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

paul1975
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by paul1975 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:12 pm

Dear Members,

Firstly I thank you all for the support you have imparted to me during the last week. I would like to infirm you that I have recieved the Firearm and have also had it endorsed on my license.

I did face a few problems at the Commissioners office, but then all went well. I was asked WHY I did not apply for my NOC from Blr. I told them that I was not aware of this and that in future I will not do this.

Now back to some advice- I have not yet purchased the cartriges and would like to know if I should buy the .32 Long Or .32 Short. Please do share your valuable views.

Thank you once again.

Regards,

Paul

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:18 pm

Congrats Paul,
Why do u want to buy .32 short?Do u mean Wad cutter?????
Go for KF rounds in the begining as i am sure you will fire all the round within the day u ll buy them ,so no need to waste imported round for testing.
enjoy ,do write ur experience with ur new toy.
Cheers.
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"