Arms Act 1959 and Arms Rules 1962

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
vinaymk47
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Arms Act 1959 and Arms Rules 1962

Post by vinaymk47 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:26 am

Guys,

Can anyone pls provide me the copy of this schedule or any link?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Division II - Exemptions, Exclusions and withdrawals

Persons of Coorg race and Jumma tenure holders in Coorg - exempted

II.3. S.O. 1920, dated 6.7.1963 - -

Whereas the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary and expedient in the public interest to exempt certain classes of persons from the operation of some provisions of the Arms Act, 1954(54 of 1959)

Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred by section 41 of that Act, the Central Government hereby exempts the classes of persons specified in column 1 of Schedule 1 hereto annexed, in respect of the arms and ammunition of the category or description specified in column 2 thereof when carried or possessed for their own personal use, from the operation of such of the provisions of the said Act and subject to such conditions as are mentioned in column 3 and 4 respectively of that schedule:

Provided that the exemption hereby granted shall be subject to the following further conditions, namely:
(a) it shall not be deemed to render lawful the import of arms or ammunition through the medium of post office;
(b) the classes of persons exempted shall-
(i) Unless specifically exempted by the Central Government by notification in the Official gazette, register in such manner and at such place as the Central Government may prescribe from time to time, any fire-arm or ammunition in respect of which the exemption has been granted;
(ii) render such statistical information about different description of arms and ammunition in respect of which the exemption has been granted in such proforma, if any, as may be required by the Central Government
(iii) whenever any arm or ammunition in respect of which exemption has been granted is stolen, forthwith report the occurrence of such loss or theft together with the details of the articles lost or stolen at the nearest police station.

Schedule (This is actually in the form of a table)

(Column 1)Classes of Persons: Every person of Coorg race and every Jumma tenure Holder in Coorg.

(Column 2)Categories/descriptions of arms and ammunition : All except categories I and II of Schedule I to the Arms Rules, 1962.

(Column 3)Provisions of the Act: Those contained in sections 3 and 4

(Column 4) Conditions: The arms and ammunition carried or possessed by any person herein exempted whilst residing or traveling outside the district of Coorg shall not exceed one rifle with 100 rounds of ammunition for the same and one smooth bore breech or muzzle loading gun with 500 cartridges or the equivalent or in leaden shot and gun powder.

2. In the table appended to the Ministry of Home Affairs Notification No. F.15/13/59 (VI)-P.IV, dated 13th July, 1962 (GSR No. 993 published in the Gazette of India, Part II, Section 3(i), dated 28th July, 1962) clause (b) in column 3 against Item 7 thereof shall be deleted.

(MHA Notn. No. F.17/4/62-P. IV, dt. 6.7.1963)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Advertising mail webmaster
killshot
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by killshot » Sun May 23, 2010 6:03 pm

Hi guys,
i have 1 question.
One of my friend told me that as per the Indian gun law,exception to gazetted officers and above only they can carry the gun in public except them rest of genuine licence holders can only keep it in their home.is it true?

vivek singh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vivek singh » Wed May 26, 2010 4:47 pm

its not true.............

abhrankash
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by abhrankash » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:26 am

Dear,
Everyone,
It was a splendid morning in Delhi when I woke up my brother was getting ready for practice on my terrace so also I did joined him on the basis of our regular chit chat he asked me "won't you think that it ridiculous to talk of ARMS ACT 1962-59,in the year of 2010-2011"?

simply i did said him only one thing that I will get you this answer after asking some one in the IFG forum.
ABHRANKASH

Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
Winston Churchill

raminder
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by raminder » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi All
I am not sure what the rules say about transfer of a licence holders place of residence.
i am an All India Licence Holder and moving from Delhi to bangalore.
What are the formalities that i will need to complete vis-a-vis the Delhi and bangalore Licencing Authorities? Could someone please guide me on this

rgds
Raminder

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:15 pm

check the forum as this kind of question was asked many times
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

ssmickey.32
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ssmickey.32 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:24 pm

abhrankash wrote:Dear,
Everyone,
It was a splendid morning in Delhi when I woke up my brother was getting ready for practice on my terrace so also I did joined him on the basis of our regular chit chat he asked me "won't you think that it ridiculous to talk of ARMS ACT 1962-59,in the year of 2010-2011"?

simply i did said him only one thing that I will get you this answer after asking some one in the IFG forum.
:shock:

If one is born in 1959, does he not have a right to live in 2011??????
When the power of love overcomes the love of power - the world will know peace.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:33 am

Over the past few weeks I've been using my free time to create an up to date PDF document of the Arms Act 1959 & Arms Rules 1962 (bare act). Since almost all copies of the Act available online are either out of date/ not formatted properly/ simple scanned copies, etc. I thought it would prove useful to many people searching for up to date info.

I've used this opportunity to add a somewhat lengthy introduction section by putting in a lot of material that was written back (in 2010) when NAGRI had initiated its lobbying effort. Hopefully, some people will read it (the introduction) and be forced to think a bit about the current situation in India and how it can be made better.

Feel free to share the document with others who may have similar interests.

I haven't gotten around to adding Forms XV - XXIII, as the formatting of forms was taking too much effort and I think that anyway these particular forms will be of limited utility to most.

You can download the complete (bare act) Indian Arms Act 1959 and Arms Rules of 1962 from the first post in this thread or directly from HERE >>

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:12 pm

Thank you Abhijeet, for making it easy for the rest of us, I liked the Intro,
Anand