Arms License Application rejected

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
shadow
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Arms License Application rejected

Post by shadow » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:02 am

Hi SS,

I finally managed to get a copy of my file.

However since its as old as 1 year, I will have to reapply. Will start the process yet again this weekend.

Will keep my friends here posted about the progress.

Cheers,
"Tourists are terrorists with cameras. Terrorists are tourists with guns.”

For Advertising mail webmaster
shadow
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadow » Wed May 07, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi friends,

Have re-submitted my form and documents on 29th April. Let's hope for the best!

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

shadow
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadow » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:06 pm

Dear Comrades,

Just an update - not a happy one at that! M furious & fuming while writing this post. I had gotten a call letter from the Samtanagar Police Station and the constable verified all the documents and also came for a residence verification. This was in June 2014. He said that the required formalities were completed and that he will forward his report.

The interaction with the PI was pathetic wherein he asked me as to why I need an arms license and when I cited that need the same so that I can practice and compete, he asked me why couldnt I used the firearms available at the club. I tried explaining the dynamics involved including the fact that I am a left-handed shooter and the grips generally in a shooting club are right-handed. He actually called up someone to verify in front of me and was not keen on sharing what the other person said. Unfortunately I do not understand Marathi, but I could make out from limited vocabulary, that they were mocking!

Anyway, he dropped the phone and told the constable to take down my statement which he did amidst all other interruptions. Finally he took a printout and told me to come the next day. I had already spent 4 hours on the day. Next day when I revisited the station, the inspector was on rounds and I was told that the file will be forwarded.

This was 4 months back and not having heard from DCP Zonal Office from Borivali, I called up the constable in Samtanagar Police Stations and VOILA - they have not forwarded my file yet owing to Elections, Ganeshotsav, Navaratri and yet again elections! I got a little sarcastic and told him that Elections will be followed by Diwali; guess what, he replied that he will be on leave during Diwali!!

I requested him repeatedly that all he needs to do is take a signature and he was like "ussi ke liye toh time nahi! Aap please mat bolo, mujhe sorry bolna chahiye! Lekin hum bahut busy hai. 10 din baad phone karon. Dekhta hoon kya kar sakte hain!"

I spoke to another constable who was earlier with Samtanagar and now posted elsewhere and he said that while they have nothing to do with elections, they use this pretext to dodge work! However he told me to wait for 10 days because even if I go personally, everyone right from Senior PI to constable, will tell me the same reason.

Hence, taking deep breathes and seeking patience knowing the fact that this is just the beginning...

Cheers!

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Shadow If your a member of your state rifle association why not take a letter of recommendation from them and meet your areas ACP.
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

shadow
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadow » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi Farook,

Yes! Am member of MRA, but they are not very forthcoming when it comes to giving any certificates or recommendations unless one has participated in various competitions and have a minimum score of 350 odd in Air Pistol / Rifle category for them to even train one in fire-arm shooting. In fact, they do not even give any kind of certificates / letters for training etc. In their own rights, they are supposedly trying to safeguard their interests against those who may just join the club to get firearms license!

And as the constable mentioned, will have to wait for the elections to get over to meet any at the station including the ACP :(

Cheers!

gunman123
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gunman123 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Sir
Since the law and directive issued is an executive order and no order can last for than 6 months according Art 13 of the constitution if it is not passed by the parliament as happened in CBI case though SC had stayed the matter but it does not imply stay on all other such laws.

I am a Lawyer if you want to put it through court in a legal way by some lawyer whose plea even the govt cannot reject can PM and we can find a way through help of NAGARI and proper direction we can remove this menance

gunman123
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by gunman123 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:24 pm

even it is under parent act that you cannot reject the smooth bore gun licence without giving special reason for it even for self defence.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:55 pm

Please do enlighten us Sir where is it mentioned in the constitution of India and/ or the arms act that a citizen has a right to bear arms
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:52 pm

farook wrote:Please do enlighten us Sir where is it mentioned in the constitution of India and/ or the arms act that a citizen has a right to bear arms
You will never find it written explicitly for any rights under any laws. But there are things called:

rules of constitutional and legal interpretation
deductive proofs
modus ponens
proofs by contradiction
counter example
contra positive
equivalence
converse
inductive proofs
structural induction

If you use these while reading the Constitution and laws under it, you will get to understand. I have explained your question in number of posts. last time it was answered in the post represented by the following link http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 67#p220067
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

shadow
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadow » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:34 am

shadow wrote:Dear Comrades,

Just an update - not a happy one at that! M furious & fuming while writing this post. I had gotten a call letter from the Samtanagar Police Station and the constable verified all the documents and also came for a residence verification. This was in June 2014. He said that the required formalities were completed and that he will forward his report.

The interaction with the PI was pathetic wherein he asked me as to why I need an arms license and when I cited that need the same so that I can practice and compete, he asked me why couldnt I used the firearms available at the club. I tried explaining the dynamics involved including the fact that I am a left-handed shooter and the grips generally in a shooting club are right-handed. He actually called up someone to verify in front of me and was not keen on sharing what the other person said. Unfortunately I do not understand Marathi, but I could make out from limited vocabulary, that they were mocking!

Anyway, he dropped the phone and told the constable to take down my statement which he did amidst all other interruptions. Finally he took a printout and told me to come the next day. I had already spent 4 hours on the day. Next day when I revisited the station, the inspector was on rounds and I was told that the file will be forwarded.

This was 4 months back and not having heard from DCP Zonal Office from Borivali, I called up the constable in Samtanagar Police Stations and VOILA - they have not forwarded my file yet owing to Elections, Ganeshotsav, Navaratri and yet again elections! I got a little sarcastic and told him that Elections will be followed by Diwali; guess what, he replied that he will be on leave during Diwali!!

I requested him repeatedly that all he needs to do is take a signature and he was like "ussi ke liye toh time nahi! Aap please mat bolo, mujhe sorry bolna chahiye! Lekin hum bahut busy hai. 10 din baad phone karon. Dekhta hoon kya kar sakte hain!"

I spoke to another constable who was earlier with Samtanagar and now posted elsewhere and he said that while they have nothing to do with elections, they use this pretext to dodge work! However he told me to wait for 10 days because even if I go personally, everyone right from Senior PI to constable, will tell me the same reason.

Hence, taking deep breathes and seeking patience knowing the fact that this is just the beginning...

Cheers!
Dear Brethren,

Its been a while that I updated my fellowmen here on the status of my application and the update is that.... there is no update!

I called up the Arms Branch on the status & progress of my application and was told that it has not been received by them and that I should check with my local police station.

When I called the ex-constable he told me that he had requested the cops at Samtanagar to forward the file and the same has been done. The file must probably with DCP in Borivali or ACP in Dahisar.

At all levels greasing of palms has been expected!

I had read somewhere that the LA shall direct the local police station to verify the background of applicant and such report should be submitted to LA within stipulated time. If the report is not submitted within the stipulated time period, the LA will deem that the verification has been carried out (or something to that effect :oops: ).

When I checked about the same with the Arms Branch, they were not aware of any such law and told me to go to the police station and get the status on the file!

Now I have been traveling extensively and currently on an assignment in Ahmedabad for atleast a month, owing to which I have not been able to pursue it further with Borivali & Dahisar; unlike Samtanagar, wherein I spent hours at the station and on phone follow-ups to ensure that the file moves forward.

While I do know, that its ME who will have to make it happen, may I please request our experts here to guide me further and show me the light?!

Cheers!!

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:53 pm

I am no expert.

No need to personally run here and there. If you desire, you can use RTI to query LA's office:

1. To know the status of your application.

2. LA's office prescribed how much time(as mentioned in Section 13(2A) of Arms Act) to police to submit the police report.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

shadow
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadow » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:25 am

goodboy_mentor wrote:I am no expert.

No need to personally run here and there. If you desire, you can use RTI to query LA's office:

1. To know the status of your application.

2. LA's office prescribed how much time(as mentioned in Section 13(2A) of Arms Act) to police to submit the police report.

Dear GBM,

Thank you very much!

Since this will be my first RTI, will look up about the format, procedure etc.

Cheers!!

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:35 pm

Under RTI Act, there is no fixed format for RTI. Just write on the top "Application under RTI Act 2005 to the Office of Licensing Authority............" Then your questions. Your name and contact details and amount of RTI fees submitted or attached. For details it is best to talk with the employee of the concerned office or some RTI website.

shadow
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadow » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:04 am

goodboy_mentor wrote:Under RTI Act, there is no fixed format for RTI. Just write on the top "Application under RTI Act 2005 to the Office of Licensing Authority............" Then your questions. Your name and contact details and amount of RTI fees submitted or attached. For details it is best to talk with the employee of the concerned office or some RTI website.
Dear Brother GBM,

Thank you very much for your guidance!

Will do the needful and the rightful as soon as I land in Mumbai next week.

Really honored and privileged to be a part of this fellowship here!! :D

Cheers!

shadow
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadow » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Dear GBM,

My bad that I have not filed an RTI yet.

The update on my file is that its with Arms Branch, a gentleman by name of Mr Kuchekar who has been insisting me to come down and meet him personally.

Its exactly over a year that I had submitted my file.

Here is the crux - I have now relocated to Ahmedabad / Gandhinagar officially and have not been traveling to Mumbai much.

However I did take membership with the Ahmedabad Rifle Club and also finished the Civilian Rifle Training Course and got a certificate signed by the CP.

Here is my question - should I continue pursuing my application in Mumbai or just make a fresh application here in Gandhinagar? If I apply fresh, it would be my third application - first one was rejected and I could not file a petition within stipulated period, there is no status update on second application which I filed in May 2014.

Pls guide me to light!

Cheers,
Rup