Arms License Application rejected

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Arms License Application rejected

Post by StampMaster » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:52 pm

HI Jagan,

I agree with AgentDoubleS. However, once you receive rejection letter, you have an opportunity to file a plea to appellate authority (you need to find out who this person is). And you ask for the reason for rejection, as LA cannot reject your application saying you do not have threat. If they do, they need a strong ground for rejecting your application.

You can do in yourself or hire a lawyer. Good luck.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

For Advertising mail webmaster
rpraveen.developer
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by rpraveen.developer » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:56 pm

Hi renjith747,

Would you mind describing the documents required to apply for the first arms license, and the procedure, in the Kerala context.? I wanted to apply for one. I have gone through the IFG, and found the general topics on applying for the arms license, would it differ much in Kerala?

Thank you very much.
renjith747 wrote:last month i applied a license for shotgun in the category of sports. Today i had my police verification for my arms a license.The writer of the police station along with another policeman came to my house.He asked me why i want a gun now?.I said i am a person who loves shooting and a member of rifle club.Then he replied me it was first time an application for arms license came in front of them for shooting sports :shock: .All the licenses in the station range is for self defense.(22 gun licenses)

They said now government is not giving license for self defense and for crop protection and the 22 licenses are going to be cancelled without allowing a renewal for them by mentioning a recent order from government. :?:

I got a narrow hope for my license as they said that there is no mention in that order for grant / refusal / restriction of license for shooting sports.

I said that section 13 of arms act 1959 states that licensing authority shall grant license for smooth bore gun for sports.I was shocked by the reply from the police man, Arms act 1959 is very old and police is granting or rejecting license by looking the recent orders from the government and they cannot deviate from that".

Am not sure what will happen to my license , now i am in confusion that am i living in a country that judiciary have any importance?? :?:

Regards
Renjith

ParekSachin91
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ParekSachin91 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:06 am

Hey Safarigent, can you post a picture of the Shotgun that u use? Is it an over under?