Renewal of Gun licence

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
antismuggler
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Renewal of Gun licence

Post by antismuggler » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi folks,

1) What do you do if your licence has expired and you had not taken steps to renew it?
2) What is the procedure to renew the license once it has expired?
3) What do we state in our application as reasons for non renewal?
4) Is the non renewal a punishable offence?
5) If the authority refuses to renew, what is the option?
6) Till such time it is renewed, will I have to deposit the gun?

Appreciate any guidance in this regard.

Thanks in advance

Antismuggler

For Advertising mail webmaster
Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Renewal of Gun licence

Post by Anand » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:05 pm

1.You should now take steps to renew it!! :shock:

2.First deposit the arms with a dealer informing the reason for deposit (Sec 21 I think) and obtain receipt. Pay all fees applicable (late fees/renewal fees etc).Apply for renewal submitting the deposit receipt in addition to all other paperwork that they may ask.

3. What ever reason you have for not renewing on time.

4. Continued possession of a firearm after the expiry of a license is an offense. The officer will generally condone the delay and renew the license so long as there are no cases pending or if there is no adverse remark by the SHO performing the verification. In Hyderabad, if the renewal date goes beyond 3 months the license has to be approved for renewal by the Commisioner's office(this may vary from place to place). In more extreme cases the license may be canceled.

5.If the authority refuses to renew, then the only option is to meet them in person and explain the
situation and reasons for the delay, if that fails then go to Court.

6.Yes, as mentioned above in "2".
Regards,
Anand

target shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by target shooter » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Anand wrote:1.You should now take steps to renew it!! :shock:

2.First deposit the arms with a dealer informing the reason for deposit (Sec 21 I think) and obtain receipt. Pay all fees applicable (late fees/renewal fees etc).Apply for renewal submitting the deposit receipt in addition to all other paperwork that they may ask.

3. What ever reason you have for not renewing on time.

4. Continued possession of a firearm after the expiry of a license is an offense. The officer will generally condone the delay and renew the license so long as there are no cases pending or if there is no adverse remark by the SHO performing the verification. In Hyderabad, if the renewal date goes beyond 3 months the license has to be approved for renewal by the Commisioner's office(this may vary from place to place). In more extreme cases the license may be canceled.

5.If the authority refuses to renew, then the only option is to meet them in person and explain the
situation and reasons for the delay, if that fails then go to Court.

good information and guidance.
Thanx from my side too.

Regards,
TS

6.Yes, as mentioned above in "2".
Regards,
Anand

antismuggler
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by antismuggler » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:56 pm

Thank you target shooter. Had begun the process already.

raghuveer9040
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by raghuveer9040 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:47 pm

Hi i have a question if the licencee is dead and the licence expire and it has been inherited by his family if he has applied to get licence then the police refuse to deposit and arms dealer refuse to they tell him to sell it and the person asgiven a request to sell it k for permission the he gets acknowlegment that he is submitted the letter for selling the but the weapon is dtill in his possesion they told me it takes two months can exactly tell me how long it will take in bagalore to permit,