Can i get ammo for .12 from US

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Can i get ammo for .12 from US

Post by sa_ali » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:00 am

Hi
sometime bak i remeber reading on one of the Indian Custom site that a person is allowed carry max of 25 ammo if he is a valid license holder in india when coming from outside.
Has any one tried it or knows anything about it.I have .12 license and would be traveling to US shortly so jst wanted to know. So might be able to get some good quality ammo.

Thanks in advance
Ali

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Re: Can i get ammo for .12 from US

Post by penpusher » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:27 am

It's 50 and not 25.

penpusher

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:06 am

Ali,

Also be sure to check with your airline at least 1 week in advance as to what their formalities are regarding transporting ammunition in your check-in baggage. It'll save you a lot of last minute hassle on reaching the airport.

You will also need to show your license at the airport in India on landing and have the customs official enter the ammo in your license booklet.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:02 am

Ali,

Ask the shop that you buy the ammunition from to check it in with your airline. You will need a lockable box to check the ammunition in and that and the dealers' charges may be significantly more than the cost of the ammunition itself. For export purposes, shotguns and shotshellls are not as strongly controlled as rifles or handguns and you should have less problems with travelling with shotshells especially if you are flying out of anti gun regions like Boston or New York city.

In any case, as long as you let your dealer check them in and don;t try doing it yourself, you will be perfectly OK. You just might have to count on a $ 25 fee for 50 shotshells that are worth less than $ 10 but that, unfortunately, is how it is. You should still get them cheaper than if you would buy them from India.

Cheers, and if you come to Chicago, maybe we could get together and shoot a few rounds of trap.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:31 pm

hi
thanks for all the info, i am sure getting those for 25 is worth than buyin, IOF one, wher eu can lilterally see the graph falin. :D.
i will sure try to drop in ur town, till now it has been most Irvine and there is nothing for us :( jst indoor range for handguns. Any lets see in future, I am very much keen for pheasant hunt :D.
Thanks for the invitation.
Ali

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:52 pm

I read and have heard from many people that BUCKSHOT is not allowed to be imported either.
So dont even try to get down buckshot/SG/SSG/LG.You may get your ammo confiscated.Stick to birdshot! ;)
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."