"out of state" purchase

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

"out of state" purchase

Post by hamiclar01 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:09 pm

hi friends!

hope the legal eagles will throw a light on this.

i have an arms license restricted to delhi, and a NRAI membership. if i want to purchase a weapon from another state/city (take for example...U.P.),and keep it with me in delhi.... how do the legal formalities go?viz:

0.5 is it practical?

1. will my delhi license be accepted by the U.P. dealers?

2. how will i legally bring the weapon home?

3. i will have to get the weapon listed on my license, this will probably be delhi police business?what documents do i need?

thanks in advance

anand
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

For Advertising mail webmaster
penpusher

Re: "out of state" purchase

Post by penpusher » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:15 pm

Firearm and not "weapon"

You would need to get a TL from the licensing authority in whose area the dealer operates in order to bring the FIREARM to Delhi.Thats it.The FIREARM will be entered on your license by the Delhi licensing authorities.

penpusher

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:23 pm

Firearm and not "weapon"

:) sorry. goof up!

so the delhi police will have nothing to do with this except enter the gun on my license?

anand
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:37 pm

Hi,

If you have a Delhi Licence and wish to buy ur firearms from outside the state u would have to approch the Office of The DCP(Licsensing) Delhi who shall issue u a NO Objection Certificate for that state.

If you are buying the firearm from a dealer outside the state of Delhi u wud need to give the NOC to him and he wud get a transport licence issued by his licensing authority. On the basis of the T/L u shall carry the firearm to Delhi. The T/L and the bill of the dealer shall be required to be produced in DCP(L) Delhi office for the same to be entered in their records and your licence. In case u buy from an individual u wud still require a NOC . You will have to get the endorsemnt made on his licence and urs too by the licensing authority in that state where the seller resides/or the licence is registered. On the basis of the endorsement on ur licence and a copy of the sellers licence wherin the arms has been deleted shud help to have the arms entered on ur licence

In some states the dealers endorses weapon without a NOC from DCP(L) Delhi. Do not try that.

AC

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:29 pm

thanks guys! that certainly clears matters

anand