All India Endorsement

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: All India Endorsement

Post by mundaire » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:05 am

If the All India permit has been issued by the State Home Dept. (as it would be in most cases), the renewing authority does not have the power to reduce it's validity to a lesser jurisdiction - a lower authority (DM/ SDM) cannot countermand the orders of a higher authority (State Home Dept). If the area validity is to be restricted, it must be done by the State Home Dept. OR a higher authority.

Also, for people worrying about their licenses being cancelled, should refer to Section 17 of the Arms Act - which lays down conditions & procedures to be followed in case a license is to be suspended/ revoked etc.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:46 am

All Delhi Lic holders,

Check out the foll link wrt to AIV --- in Delhi.....will be applicable when one goes for renewal.

http://delhipolicelicensing.gov.in/arms/point-11.htm

Download the doc on serial no 5........Further as per policy of GNCT vide no. F.13(44)/2007/HG/3463- 71 dt. 08-07-2010

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:48 pm

I had filed an RTI in delhi in this context and today only i got the reply, its not complete, I am filling followup on it. But attached is the reply which i have got

Legal gurus can shed more light on it, but in the reply they have state that it is extended as per the Arms Act 1959 and further to that there is guideline.
Now my question is that based on these GUIDELINES, can they stop accepting the application, if the person is not meeting the criteria.

My interpretation is that guideline is not some rule, So how come they are not accepting the All India endorsement application for citizens who are not MP, MLA,VIP, Central Govt Employees/Armed Forces.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sa_ali on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:19 pm

sa_ali wrote:
Now my question is that based on these GUIDELINES, can they stop accepting the application, if the person is not meeting the criteria.
Yes,they will not accept your application ie if you want a reciept for it...in Delhi I believe applications are anyway just put in the drop box and without any ack.......they will review it but will reject it if it does not meet the criteria laid down as per the new guidelines.

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:15 pm

sa_ali wrote:I had filed an RTI in delhi in this context and today only i got the reply, its not complete, I am filling followup on it. But attached is the reply which i have got

Legal gurus can shed more light on it, but in the reply they have state that it is extended as per the Arms Act 1959 and further to that there is guideline.

My interpretation is that guideline is not some rule, So how come they are not accepting the All India endorsement application for citizens who are not MP, MLA,VIP, Central Govt Employees/Armed Forces.
Ali,

Do share with us once you get the "guidelines".

I admire your efforts. At least we should question them and try.....

NM

-- Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:25 pm --

He is the link to the Delhi Govt. circular about "Guidelines" for All India Endorsement.
http://delhipolicelicensing.gov.in/list ... 2011/G.pdf

NM

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu May 05, 2011 9:31 pm

Hi,

Just a quick note my all India license was renewed with no fuss at Delhi Police licensing at Defence Colony. Neither was my ammo quota slashed from 250/500, in fact I was told that I got get a temp increase if I added my GVM certificate and a letter of recco from the NRAI(temp increase could be 5000 rounds). So it seems like things aren't downhill as yet. :mrgreen:
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Thu May 05, 2011 10:46 pm

Lucky there Dev!!

One can never be sure about these people....

nm

alfaromeo17
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by alfaromeo17 » Sun May 08, 2011 1:47 am

very true. but do grab the opportunity and get those rounds..tc
I'M NOT GOD I'M JUST HIS SECOND IN COMMAND.

ECHOFIGHTER
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ECHOFIGHTER » Tue May 31, 2011 6:51 pm

Sir i have an AIV for a SBBL issued by TN govt. For renewal do i have to approach the initial licensing authority ,that is Chennai or can i apply for renewal anywhere in india?

ace
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ace » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:17 pm

ECHOFIGHTER wrote:Sir i have an AIV for a SBBL issued by TN govt. For renewal do i have to approach the initial licensing authority ,that is Chennai or can i apply for renewal anywhere in india?
you have to apply at chennai, incase you have a transferable job and already moved out then you need to apply for the tranfer of the licence also (as per rule within 30 days). once it has been taken over at the new place of residence, then they will renew the licence.

ECHOFIGHTER
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ECHOFIGHTER » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:32 pm

ace wrote:
ECHOFIGHTER wrote:Sir i have an AIV for a SBBL issued by TN govt. For renewal do i have to approach the initial licensing authority ,that is Chennai or can i apply for renewal anywhere in india?
you have to apply at chennai, incase you have a transferable job and already moved out then you need to apply for the tranfer of the licence also (as per rule within 30 days). once it has been taken over at the new place of residence, then they will renew the licence.
Sir, if i have to get it transferred to new place of residence then it is destroying the very purpose of having an AIV. On getting transferred from Chennai i had approached the local police in Ahmedabad,which is my hometown, for registration in the Gun Licence Register. They said that if u have an AIV it is not required. My query is that for renewal can i apply in Ahmedabad?

-- Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:32 pm --
ace wrote:
Sir, if i have to get it transferred to new place of residence then it is destroying the very purpose of having an AIV. On getting transferred from Chennai i had approached the local police in Ahmedabad,which is my hometown, for registration in the Gun Licence Register. They said that if u have an AIV it is not required. My query is that for renewal can i apply in Ahmedabad?

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:11 pm

Your answer is provided by Rule 54 for renewal of licenses under Arms Rules 1962. You can get renewal done from Chennai or Ahmadabad or wherever you are residing. For details of Rule 54 under Arms Rules 1962 you may refer http://www.abhijeetsingh.com/arms/india ... 53_56.html
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:14 am

hi.on an all india licence who will provide the permission to sell and acquire a firearm-the DM who issued the licence or the nearest DM.also what is the timeframe avaialible to acquire a firearm on such a licence after the sale of the already endorsed firearm

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:27 pm

It is not a question of any "permission" to sell but a matter of expiry of 45 day notice period for the sale which you have to give under Section 5(2) of Arms Act 1959. As per Section 5(2) of Arms Act 1959, arms license holder can sell his arms after completion of 45 days notice period given to the District Magistrate or Officer Incharge Police Station. The 45 day notice period form can be read at http://www.abhijeetsingh.com/arms/india ... notice.pdf

You can give the notice to the licensing authority having jurisdiction over the area where you are presently residing. If I remember correct, for all India license you are anyways required to get your license registered with local licensing authority within 30 days of change of your residence. If you haven't done it, you should do it first and then give sale notice. The time frame to buy another firearm after the sale will be usually three months. You can get it extended again for another three months for valid reasons.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

andy_65_in
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by andy_65_in » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:18 pm

hi goodboy what abt endorsement of the sale in my licence since i already own a weapon on it-who does this.also after 45 days notice can i sell my weapon to a licenced buyer without permissionn form anyone-