All India Endorsement

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
cherian.k.k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

All India Endorsement

Post by cherian.k.k » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:58 am

hello all of u
i would like to know how i can change my licence to all india from state. what are the rules? some one told if i am a prize winner in state level shooting competion i can change it to all india.
cherian.k.k

For Advertising mail webmaster
badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:50 am

Yes u can change ur licence to all INDIA ,for it u have to submit an application at DM office for request of ALL India permission along with an affidative made on RS 10 stamp paper & photo copy of licence mentioning the reason for conversion.,after the approval of DM the file will be sent to Home department(Greh Sachiv)if he approves ur file then you will receive a letter from them to submit your licence at DM office for endorsement.This is the procedure which i adapted and got it done within a month.(good contacts with DM Will help)
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

cherian.k.k
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cherian.k.k » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:54 pm

can i give the reason for changing to be used in shooting competion. or what should i say the reason is
cherian.k.k

strike
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

New all India licence in few days?

Post by strike » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:43 am

Moderator's Note: This post has been edited to give clear information to new gun license applicants in India. Please DO NOT believe any nonsesnse from anyone claiming to get you a fast track license or anything of the sort that this member has been offered. Under normal circumstances we would have deleted a post of this sort but we prefer giving a clear picture to new applicants for gun licenses, hence the edit here.
Hi,

Recently I met with a person through a friend. He is claiming to get me a arms license for which I applied an year back and failed. After this failure this offer looks too good to be true to me.

According to this person:
I just have to apply, he will look after everything else (of course for a price, which is not a five digit price)

Moderator's Note: Unless you're paying a lawyer to do the paperwork, this is unethical and probably also illegal. DON'T DO IT.

he has right contacts at right place, and it is not difficult to get a license (perhaps he knows some "mil" ja sim sim mantra which would get me the license).
Initially I will get a temporary license. This looks like a small 2"x2" card with a holder's photograph, holder's address, National Emblem (Sarnath Lion) and a number supposedly the license number, nothing more.
When I buy a weapon/arm I will get a "pukka" license

Moderator's Note: There is NO SUCH THING AS A TEMPORARY LICENSE. This "friend" sounds like a crook. Unless you wish to end up counting bars, don't entertain this nonsense.

Since I haven't seen a recent all India license, I am not sure whether he is really going to help me get a real license or just a hoax?

Is the process he explained, correct? Is there a way I can verify reality of a license given the license number? Does any such GoI site exist? Can anyone point me to some image of All India Arms license Issued by Home ministry, if one exist on the Net?

In the meantime I will try to get an copy/image of license from this person to see.

Moderator's Note: Don't waste time doing this. Instead, contact a good lawyer in your part of the world. You can get him to do the paperwork for your license after you decide exactly what gun you want. Once that is done, if the police reject your license application, your lawyer can get then to give a written explanation why they did this and then he could file before a magistrate for a direction to the police if they gave an invalid reason. There are established procedures for doing this and anything else is complete bunkum.
Thank you.

-Strike

Moderator's Note: Welcome to Indians For Guns. We are happy to have new members interested in the shooting sports. Please remember that we DO NOT condone any illegal activity and do not hesitate to ban any new member suggesting anything unethical or illegal. Hopefully, the information available here would help you to apply for a gun license through the right channels and get started shooting. It may take a little time, but the formalities are well worth following. Breaking the law is never worth it.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: New all India licence in few days?

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:58 am

Strike, I understand your predicament but frankly I am not comfortable with the content of your post.

What do the other mods feel?

Mack The Knife

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:00 am

Strike,

There is nothing like a temporary Arms License.Arms Licenses are issued in a form prescribed by the Arms Rules always in the form of a booklet(the older licenses were in the form of a folding sheet of paper backed with linen)and never in the form of a card.Stay away from the fellow.

penpusher

PS-Why was your earlier application refused?

strike
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by strike » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:43 am

Sukhprit,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

My previous attempt failed because of my lack of perseverance. I am in Gurgaon since last 2 years and I applied in Nagpur, Maharashtra. So I was unable to keep visiting offices in Napur.

-Strike

strike
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by strike » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:55 am

@Mack The Knife,

Please point what I am missing there or what I keyed in wrong. I am unable to understand why you find the content uncomfortable.

If you are referring to the "price" part which is not ethical, then may be.. you are correct. But then is there any 'straight' way to get a license?

I asked here after reading quite a few posts here and found that some of many cognoscenti here on this subject.

Thank you.
-Strike

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:32 am

Strike,

The application form for an Arms License is pretty simple and should not take more than 10 minutes to fill out at a leisurely pace.I would suggest that you apply for a license again.The Arms Act and Rules do not require that any reason be given for an arms license.Though it's not required,I would suggest that you also attach an affidavit along with proof of residence with the application form.If you have any query,feel free to post here.

penpusher

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:19 am

:o Eager to see that Temp Licence.. :) ,Plz post the pic if possible. :roll:

badshah0522
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by badshah0522 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:28 am

May be Changed,but i adapted the same procedure 5-6 months before.
danish21";p="14298 wrote:
badshah0522";p="14288 wrote: the approval of DM the file will be sent to Home department(Greh Sachiv)if he approves ur file then you will receive a letter from them to submit your licence at DM office for endorsement.
Badshah

Now in U.P. there is a new notification given by chief minister (mulayam singh yadav) in which the power of all india is again given to the DM. So now no time taking procedure of sending file to grah sachiv. :D

Danish
"Strength is not about how strong u can kick, it's about how strong the life is kicking u and u standup again to keep on going"

strike
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by strike » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:02 pm

Dear Moderator,

Thank you for clarifying issues, though I feel you could have made these points in a separate reply. Don't know if what-I-feel matters at all or not, given that this is a (stringently?) moderated forum.

As for ethical/non-ethical means, I agree with you as I made it clear in my post to Mack The Knife. That was before your post I guess.

Anyways I will give it a try again. Will update as have anything on this license issue.

-Strike

strike
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by strike » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:11 pm

@badshah0522

Yes, if I get to scan that creepy thing. Somehow I have a feeling of embarrassment for I gave a thought to this person's offer and even made a post here.

Well, since I started this thread, I will try to post the images.

-Strike

Sujay
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sujay » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:12 pm

Welcome to the forum Strike.

This is indeed a strigently moderated forum and rightly so given its nature.

I never discuss anything remotely related to guns etc with any person whom I do not know. Not even with my family members as it tends to spread among undesirable people leading to illegal advice.
A man should have a hobby. It keeps him out of trouble.

cooldude
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by cooldude » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:50 am

Strike. How can u even think of such a procedure as mentioned by u for acquiring an arms license is beyond me. We are talking about arms here man and not some toy. As for the procedure for an All India License, I have posted on this forum but in a different string and am doing so once again for your information. It is clearly specified in a Central Govt. notification that only certain categories of persons will be considered for an all India License and from what I can recall it is - I.A.S.& I.P.S. officers, Employees of the Central Govt., Defence Personnel and Members of NRAI. There may be others also but I am not sure. So if you fall under any of these categories then and only then can you apply for an all India License otherwise forget it. So, do not in your desperation for an all India license, get yourself in unnecessary trouble by getting conned by unscrupulous people
The day guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.