Import of .177cal. Compressed Air Pistol and Pellets.

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
Yasho
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Import of .177cal. Compressed Air Pistol and Pellets.

Post by Yasho » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:54 pm

Friends,
Will someone please update on the latest/current rules/guidelines for import of a compressed air pistol and pellets.
What is the rate of custom duty?
Please provide necessary info.
Thanx.

For Advertising mail webmaster
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Import of .177cal. Compressed Air Pistol and Pellets.

Post by kanwar76 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:08 pm

Hi Yasho,

Welcome to the site. You can import .177 air pistol but you can't import pellets though one can bring them as personal baggage. For importing air pistol you need to be a member of any shooting club affiliated to NRAI but members here are able to do it without that also. Please read previous posts regarding this.

HTH

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Yasho
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Import of .177cal. Compressed Air Pistol and Pellets.

Post by Yasho » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:59 pm

Inder,
Thanx.
But whats the rate of custom duty on import and secondly, do you mean to say that it can be brought in as personal baggage and no need to declare it. What if baggage checked, will it be confiscated or what????????
Let me know so that one is mentally prepared.
bye.