Importing an AEG Airsoft Metal Gun. Customs

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
nitin1001
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Importing an AEG Airsoft Metal Gun. Customs

Post by nitin1001 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:23 pm

ashishkumar wrote:Hi
Though I am new to the forum but not new in Airsoft bb guns. I have just imported a M9 CO2 gbb 2 weeks ago. I have not faced any problem with it. It came in 16 days through Airmail.

Also I would suggest not to hassle with kapoor expensive.

Best to buy it from Tiger111hk. Bought 3 guns from them with no problems at all.

i also want to import spring powered pistol from Tiger111hk.. but my question is even i bought pistols from Tiger111hk. should i pay for custom duty ( mumbai port )?????????????

For Advertising mail webmaster
ronnie98205
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ronnie98205 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:29 am

nitin1001 wrote:
ashishkumar wrote:Hi
Though I am new to the forum but not new in Airsoft bb guns. I have just imported a M9 CO2 gbb 2 weeks ago. I have not faced any problem with it. It came in 16 days through Airmail.

Also I would suggest not to hassle with kapoor expensive.

Best to buy it from Tiger111hk. Bought 3 guns from them with no problems at all.

i also want to import spring powered pistol from Tiger111hk.. but my question is even i bought pistols from Tiger111hk. should i pay for custom duty ( mumbai port )?????????????
Hello
I need to buy a airgun but a few questions regarding the same...

I need to buy dan wesson 2.5" co2 pistol or a 4 inch pistol
i need to know the procedure n price
do i need to have a license or a rifle club membership for the same? coz i do not have one...

thanking you
paresh vaktania

marksman_dd
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by marksman_dd » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:00 pm

first congrats on your AEG possession, kindly post pics of your AEG..
faster, faster, faster, faster .......
till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death

kunaldt
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by kunaldt » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:06 pm

Hi Nitin

Are you NRAI member or local shooting club member..?
Moreover any documentation required to order from the site i.e. description of package as toy gun non ballistic or so.

Thanks & Regards

Kunal Deep Teri

marksman_dd
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by marksman_dd » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:35 pm

hey nitin,
there are many members that are dying to have airsoft in their hands,
ps share your experience in details so we could have our hands on them
faster, faster, faster, faster .......
till the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death

savya78
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by savya78 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:58 pm

Hello I too was reading this forum and countless others for importing an aeg and all I found was theoretical info no one with real experience may be one or too persons had some but with pistols not aeg so I took a risk and bought a cyma m4a1 fromm tiger111hk and got it within 17 days of shipping without custom problems just a custom fees of Rs 685 I just requested them to declare it as a toy and it is part ABS and part metal not full Metal, anyway but an aeg since I have tiger111hk app so I cannot provide the url but this is "CYMA M4A1 Extendable Buttstock Rifle AEG (CM503 , Black) [CYMA-CM503-M4A1-BK]" exactly what you can type on their site to see the product I bought so I don't think that customs do create problems but this was not an all metal may be there is a problem with all metals I don't know but I think it
Is safe to buy from tiger111hk

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:34 pm

savya78 wrote: got it within 17 days of shipping without custom problems just a custom fees of Rs 685 I just requested them to declare it as a toy and it is part ABS and part metal not full Metal,
It's like out of every 100 imports, 10 get lucky. You may pat yourself for being one. Add to it the plastic body without marking. Full metal means full wrath. Must also say the appraiser who pulled it up was one of those very rare good people employed by the dept. Besides, customs doesn't care where the packages come from but only its contents. So any specific site is as safe/unsafe as the next.

More than a few AEGs had already been imported & some write up is also available here as well as on fb.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

pnv4536
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pnv4536 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:42 pm

Hi guys,
I just ordered a kjworks m9a1 from tiger111hk and they msged that we seldom ship to your country and we need to pay disassembling fee..I see some of you got it from there without problem. How do I get it?

Laris Hmar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Laris Hmar » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:44 am

Ashish seeing your comments and documents im in the mids of trying to find a way to import glock 19 gbb and m4 gbb. Im from Mizoram, How can I have the guns shipped to mizoram without any custom problem like your 3 gun.

Laris Hmar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Importing an AEG Airsoft Metal Gun. Customs

Post by Laris Hmar » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:12 am

Ashish seeing your comments and documents im in the mids of trying to find a way to import glock 19 gbb and m4 gbb. Im from Mizoram, How can I have the guns shipped to mizoram without any custom problem like your 3 gun.

savya78
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by savya78 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Hello everyone i am going to share my experience with importing 4 airsoft guns from tiger111hk in orderwise manner

1) first i imported cyma m4a1 metal nad abs without any problem with some custom duty i had to go to the post office

2)i imported KWC beretta M92 full metal co2 version in this i got no custom problem nor any duty and even got it delivered by the postman at home

3) i imported "well custom 1911 full metal gbb" now this is where i got stuck .
they asked for me to get tho delhi FPO (foreign post office) and i had to wait 4 hours.what happens is they open your package and examine in front
of you so the customs officer there rejected it as air pistol though it was plastic bb pistol , he had no knowledge and did not even care to look at it
THE THING THAT MADE HIM DO SO WAS THE CASE ,AS THE GUN CASE WAS HARD PLASTIC AND LIKE THERE IS IN REAL GUN . They then sent me a letter
to get an NOC from NRAI as i had a close relative working in government i was able to meet the head of NRAI in their office in Tuglakhabad Delhi
he said that they dont give noc anymore as police said that people use these real looking guns to intimidate and commit crimes hence they adviced
to get to police. But my relative was able to get my gun examined by other custom officer who passed it with a custom duty of rs 1600 hence in the
end i got it Hence it took me 1.5 months and a relation at high level in government to get it cleared THIS ALL TOOK PLACE BETWEEN DEC 29 2016
AND FEB 17 2017

4) Then i ordered a partly metal and abs Glock 34 gbb after 4 months of above incident i confirmed this time that it was in cardboard case and
declared as a toy so this one also came to me without getting stuck in the customs and with a little custom duty

MORAL IS THAT IF YOU BUY FROM TIGER111HK THEN MAKE SURE THAT GUN COMES IN CARDBOARD AND NOT HARD PLASTIC , ASK THEM THEY REPLY
ASAP AND THEN GET IT DECLARED AS A TOY AND NOT A TOY GUN JUST A "TOY" . AFTER THAT IT DEPENDS ON YOUR LUCK THAT CUSTOM OFFICER IS
KNOWLEDGEABLE OR NOT . BUT IF IT GETS STUCK THEN EITHER YOU NEED AN NOC FROM NRAI OR MUST HAVE A RELATIVE AT HIGH GOVERNMENT
POSITION WITH GOOD CONNECTIONS TO CONVINCE THEM THAT IT IS A TOY THEN IT WILL BE RELEASE WITH A HIGH CUSTOM DUTY

ALSO SINCE THEN I HAVE NOT ORDERD ANY GUN . I MIGHT IN FUTURE .

Bullo oka
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Bullo oka » Tue May 15, 2018 2:08 am

savya78 wrote:Hello everyone i am going to share my experience with importing 4 airsoft guns from tiger111hk in orderwise manner

1) first i imported cyma m4a1 metal nad abs without any problem with some custom duty i had to go to the post office

2)i imported KWC beretta M92 full metal co2 version in this i got no custom problem nor any duty and even got it delivered by the postman at home

3) i imported "well custom 1911 full metal gbb" now this is where i got stuck .
they asked for me to get tho delhi FPO (foreign post office) and i had to wait 4 hours.what happens is they open your package and examine in front
of you so the customs officer there rejected it as air pistol though it was plastic bb pistol , he had no knowledge and did not even care to look at it
THE THING THAT MADE HIM DO SO WAS THE CASE ,AS THE GUN CASE WAS HARD PLASTIC AND LIKE THERE IS IN REAL GUN . They then sent me a letter
to get an NOC from NRAI as i had a close relative working in government i was able to meet the head of NRAI in their office in Tuglakhabad Delhi
he said that they dont give noc anymore as police said that people use these real looking guns to intimidate and commit crimes hence they adviced
to get to police. But my relative was able to get my gun examined by other custom officer who passed it with a custom duty of rs 1600 hence in the
end i got it Hence it took me 1.5 months and a relation at high level in government to get it cleared THIS ALL TOOK PLACE BETWEEN DEC 29 2016
AND FEB 17 2017

4) Then i ordered a partly metal and abs Glock 34 gbb after 4 months of above incident i confirmed this time that it was in cardboard case and
declared as a toy so this one also came to me without getting stuck in the customs and with a little custom duty

MORAL IS THAT IF YOU BUY FROM TIGER111HK THEN MAKE SURE THAT GUN COMES IN CARDBOARD AND NOT HARD PLASTIC , ASK THEM THEY REPLY
ASAP AND THEN GET IT DECLARED AS A TOY AND NOT A TOY GUN JUST A "TOY" . AFTER THAT IT DEPENDS ON YOUR LUCK THAT CUSTOM OFFICER IS
KNOWLEDGEABLE OR NOT . BUT IF IT GETS STUCK THEN EITHER YOU NEED AN NOC FROM NRAI OR MUST HAVE A RELATIVE AT HIGH GOVERNMENT
POSITION WITH GOOD CONNECTIONS TO CONVINCE THEM THAT IT IS A TOY THEN IT WILL BE RELEASE WITH A HIGH CUSTOM DUTY

ALSO SINCE THEN I HAVE NOT ORDERD ANY GUN . I MIGHT IN FUTURE .
Tnx for sharing savya78.
I too want to import one but maybe someday, for now our custom needs some reeducation on differentiating Arms & toy. And some chrony (They are embarrassing everyone doing those wood test).
You own Gun
That doesn't mean you have to use it.
Maybe :stupid: Think Bright.

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Tue May 15, 2018 2:26 pm

I doubt the Indian customs is going to change anytime soon. They're Indian 'cops' at the end of the day and are going to act in a manner consistent with their rich departmental heritage... :P

I know some guys selling AEG toys, BBs etc. IMHO best option is to procure whatever is available within the country than having to get bullied by and still bribing them customs officials three times the cost of toy... The same logic applies to imported airguns as well..

Bullo oka
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Bullo oka » Tue May 15, 2018 2:39 pm

nitroex700 wrote:I doubt the Indian customs is going to change anytime soon. They're Indian 'cops' at the end of the day and are going to act in a manner consistent with their rich departmental heritage... [emoji14]

I know some guys selling AEG toys, BBs etc. IMHO best option is to procure whatever is available within the country than having to get bullied by and still bribing them customs officials three times the cost of toy... The same logic applies to imported airguns as well..
[emoji20] I'm so disheartened after knowing the exact price of the airsoft toys & unlicenced air gun's, and how it is priced in our country.
Even some people whose trying to get it paying less via importing themselves have to deal with so many rules & restrictions of our country and after that comes those dumb, non educated custom employees.(not each & every off them, some maybe more understandable)
Maybe my words are too harsh & for that my apology from my heart to you all guys. But in this forum someone mentioned that even weaver rails are detained & thats too much.[emoji35]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
You own Gun
That doesn't mean you have to use it.
Maybe :stupid: Think Bright.

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:13 am

The airsoft scenery is bleak indeed.. Only a few supplies trickling in.. The imported guns are however available with a few reputed dealers at reasonable prices considering all the pain one has to go through to procure one by himself...