Importing an AEG Airsoft Metal Gun. Customs

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
himalyandevil
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Importing an AEG Airsoft Metal Gun. Customs

Post by himalyandevil » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:39 pm

Hi,
I am very interested in airsoft guns & air rifles. Its really good that we get to feel & see what a state of the art, modern combat weapons feel & look like. The only way to feel them being the airsoft guns, (there are many co2 powered, battery powered & spring powered). therefore i recently ordered a "Echo1 SG Task Force AEG Metal Electric Airsoft Gun. 800 rounds per minute!! I got it from pyramydair after much talks with them & they had it shipped through customs. It reached delhi & the FedEX people called to confirm & then sent it to calcutta for further transit ( I live in Sikkim by the way). now i get a mail 7 it says that the consignment has been detained by customs & i need to have a rifle club membership!! Can anyone help me out here. It is only an airsoft gun that shoots bb pellets. The only thing is it is fully metal and weighs about 10 kg's & they might be curious, but i dont want them to open my consignment. have any of you had this problem?.

anyways, they have asked for a set of documents and i am sending the ones that i have over to them. I'll let you know of any progress, "if any!!".

Cheers.
"it aint over till its over!!" :)

For Advertising mail webmaster
m24
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Importing an AEG Airsoft Metal Gun. Customs

Post by m24 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:54 pm

himalyandevil wrote: now i get a mail 7 it says that the consignment has been detained by customs & i need to have a rifle club membership!!
Now, that's new. Guess the men in white are losing it.

Meanwhile, does this shoot plastic bbs or steel bbs??

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

himalyandevil
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by himalyandevil » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:15 pm

hey m24. it shoots both plastic & pellets but with this shipment I ordered only plastic bb's. Does anyone know of a better place to get them from?

pranampatel
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by pranampatel » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:18 pm

Hi
Did you mange to release it from the customs??
Is there any law which states that you cant import airsoft guns??
Cheers!!
Pranam

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:26 pm

The problem could (possibly) stem from how the consignor "classified" the item in the paperwork.

(1) If it has been classified under the category covering airguns/ air-rifles/ air-pistols etc. then the rules applicable to the import of airguns would apply (restricted, import is allowed subject to conditions outlined under the airgun import thread).

(2) If he has classified it under the (correct) category covering toy guns, then the rules covering the imports of toys would apply (open for import on payment of applicable duties/ taxes).

However, customs officials may also take the view that even if the consignor has classified it as per point (2) above, that it has been misclassified and the correct classification as per them would be as per point (1). In which case you will have to try and convince them otherwise.

These are merely my views and should not be taken as legal advice.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

himalyandevil
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by himalyandevil » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:32 pm

Hi guys
Im sorry its been a very long time but neverthless, Its been worth the wait. My gun is finally here & I've been testing it the whole week!!! :)

Frosty
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Frosty » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:37 pm

A few pics may do us good here....... :lol: :lol:

Sk1988
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sk1988 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:05 pm

Hey I am new comer into this field was just wondering if sum1could help me with which gun should I go for and where can I buy or from where and how can i import, and mostly I am askin for an air gun for competion shooting.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Sk1988 wrote:Hey I am new comer into this field was just wondering if sum1could help me with which gun should I go for and where can I buy or from where and how can i import, and mostly I am askin for an air gun for competion shooting.
Hi Sk1988 - A warm welcome to IFG.

You're posting in the wrong section. Also take the time to go through the threads. There is a wealth of info on import of airguns. In fact there is a tiresome thread about a mile long dealing with import of airguns ....adding one more 'standard' question is rather annoying to most folks.... take some trouble and search the forum.

Otherwise, have a great time and keep posting.

Regards,
cc
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

priyank
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Importing an AEG Airsoft Metal and plastic Gun. Customs

Post by priyank » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:02 pm

hey guys! i am new about india bb gun stuff and i am deeply interested in airsoft guns and now i want to import an airsoft gun its m4a1 and its made of plastic and metal, i can import it or not? please suggest me some thing about it i don't have membership of rifle association what can i do? i heard that in india there are some cyma ak-74 means indian can import airsoft gun but how can i import a gun i m going to but this gun from kapowwe.com through i globalstores can they deliver this gun at my home by passing though customs i need your support i respect your knowledge, hope you could hepl me!!! Thank You.

sabyoyochopra5
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by sabyoyochopra5 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:19 am

himalyandevil wrote:Hi guys
Im sorry its been a very long time but neverthless, Its been worth the wait. My gun is finally here & I've been testing it the whole week!!! :)
heyy bro i wanted to buy a gas blow back from redwolfairsoft.com cud u tell me how u manged to clear your aeg from customs finally?

amil13
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by amil13 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi himalayandevil,...:)

i m from delhi and i am very intrested in firearms,...i was planning to buy a http://www.pyramidairsoft.com/ProductDe ... eferer=500,. from this site only,..but was wondering how can i have it delivered to india,...

Since you already have bought a rifle from this site and have it now,..i was wondering if u could help me with the whole procedure as when i check out from the site it says " Contact your customs agency to get the required import permits for the items you order",and how long did it take to reach delhi??...

thankyou..:D

ashishkumar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ashishkumar » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:25 pm

Hi
Though I am new to the forum but not new in Airsoft bb guns. I have just imported a M9 CO2 gbb 2 weeks ago. I have not faced any problem with it. It came in 16 days through Airmail.

Also I would suggest not to hassle with kapoor expensive.

Best to buy it from Tiger111hk. Bought 3 guns from them with no problems at all.

estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by estousandy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:57 pm

Ashish, glad to see you posting. I'm renewing my plan to get one similar from them after learning of your good experience.

You may discuss anything related to airsoft over here: http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22370
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

ashishkumar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ashishkumar » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:40 pm

estousandy wrote:Ashish, glad to see you posting. I'm renewing my plan to get one similar from them after learning of your good experience.

You may discuss anything related to airsoft over here: http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22370
Hey, Thanks Sandy!

I hope you get your beauty without problems, else you're always welcome to call me brother.

Here is something some of guys may need.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.