Importing an AEG Airsoft Metal Gun. Customs

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
estousandy
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Importing an AEG Airsoft Metal Gun. Customs

Post by estousandy » Wed May 16, 2018 10:47 am

Most of these imported models seen here are toy grade, I'm yet to see a reasonably priced field capable model here on sale. 50k+ is never a right price for a cyma you see. That's the kind of markup that's going on currently if at all. Some local Marui prices were quite reasonable but the mrp itself is quite high on them and wont really help bring up a sport.
with guns we are citizens, without we are subjects

For Advertising mail webmaster
nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:48 pm

I know of a few people selling Zastava CZ 99 AEGs at 'reasonable' prices in India. AFAIK its an all metal toy capable of spitting 0.20gm BBs at over 300fps. Has hop up as well which is normally not available in guns available here.

paaras
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by paaras » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:51 pm

Hi himalayandevil,
I'm planning to buy a airsoft gun from pyramidair and get it shipped to India. Did you get your shipment without getting registered to a rifle club, What was the procedure you had to follow ?

ganeshadobecc
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ganeshadobecc » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:54 pm

nitin1001 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:23 pm
ashishkumar wrote:Hi
Though I am new to the forum but not new in Airsoft bb guns. I have just imported a M9 CO2 gbb 2 weeks ago. I have not faced any problem with it. It came in 16 days through Airmail.

Also I would suggest not to hassle with kapoor expensive.

Best to buy it from Tiger111hk. Bought 3 guns from them with no problems at all.

i also want to import spring powered pistol from Tiger111hk.. but my question is even i bought pistols from Tiger111hk. should i pay for custom duty ( mumbai port )?????????????
Hi good to hear this, I had experience with airsoft.tiger111hk.com, first I ordered a Tokyo marui 5.1 hi capa ebb, I received it in about two weeks without any custom issues. Now I ordered src greengas nbb pistol today (2 March 2020 the tracking status is showing as custom held,(Chennai customs) with the remarks RETAINED BY BORDER AGENCY/SECURITY FOR U, what would happen next? Any idea? Could anyone help me with this?

Djkhan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Djkhan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:32 am

Hi guys did the customs release ur gun?

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Djkhan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Djkhan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:34 am

ganeshadobecc wrote:
nitin1001 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:23 pm
ashishkumar wrote:Hi
Though I am new to the forum but not new in Airsoft bb guns. I have just imported a M9 CO2 gbb 2 weeks ago. I have not faced any problem with it. It came in 16 days through Airmail.

Also I would suggest not to hassle with kapoor expensive.

Best to buy it from Tiger111hk. Bought 3 guns from them with no problems at all.

i also want to import spring powered pistol from Tiger111hk.. but my question is even i bought pistols from Tiger111hk. should i pay for custom duty ( mumbai port )?????????????
Hi good to hear this, I had experience with airsoft.tiger111hk.com, first I ordered a Tokyo marui 5.1 hi capa ebb, I received it in about two weeks without any custom issues. Now I ordered src greengas nbb pistol today (2 March 2020 the tracking status is showing as custom held,(Chennai customs) with the remarks RETAINED BY BORDER AGENCY/SECURITY FOR U, what would happen next? Any idea? Could anyone help me with this?
Hi Ganesh

What happened with the customs did they release your airsoft pistol

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Abhishekg
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Abhishekg » Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:13 pm

I asked one guy who has import license to import airsoft , he said customs will levy tax of 40% along with minimum 10000rs bribe. So dropped my idea of importing an airsoft rifle

Agam
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Agam » Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:02 pm

Bullo oka wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:08 am
savya78 wrote:Hello everyone i am going to share my experience with importing 4 airsoft guns from tiger111hk in orderwise manner

1) first i imported cyma m4a1 metal nad abs without any problem with some custom duty i had to go to the post office

2)i imported KWC beretta M92 full metal co2 version in this i got no custom problem nor any duty and even got it delivered by the postman at home

3) i imported "well custom 1911 full metal gbb" now this is where i got stuck .
they asked for me to get tho delhi FPO (foreign post office) and i had to wait 4 hours.what happens is they open your package and examine in front
of you so the customs officer there rejected it as air pistol though it was plastic bb pistol , he had no knowledge and did not even care to look at it
THE THING THAT MADE HIM DO SO WAS THE CASE ,AS THE GUN CASE WAS HARD PLASTIC AND LIKE THERE IS IN REAL GUN . They then sent me a letter
to get an NOC from NRAI as i had a close relative working in government i was able to meet the head of NRAI in their office in Tuglakhabad Delhi
he said that they dont give noc anymore as police said that people use these real looking guns to intimidate and commit crimes hence they adviced
to get to police. But my relative was able to get my gun examined by other custom officer who passed it with a custom duty of rs 1600 hence in the
end i got it Hence it took me 1.5 months and a relation at high level in government to get it cleared THIS ALL TOOK PLACE BETWEEN DEC 29 2016
AND FEB 17 2017

4) Then i ordered a partly metal and abs Glock 34 gbb after 4 months of above incident i confirmed this time that it was in cardboard case and
declared as a toy so this one also came to me without getting stuck in the customs and with a little custom duty

MORAL IS THAT IF YOU BUY FROM TIGER111HK THEN MAKE SURE THAT GUN COMES IN CARDBOARD AND NOT HARD PLASTIC , ASK THEM THEY REPLY
ASAP AND THEN GET IT DECLARED AS A TOY AND NOT A TOY GUN JUST A "TOY" . AFTER THAT IT DEPENDS ON YOUR LUCK THAT CUSTOM OFFICER IS
KNOWLEDGEABLE OR NOT . BUT IF IT GETS STUCK THEN EITHER YOU NEED AN NOC FROM NRAI OR MUST HAVE A RELATIVE AT HIGH GOVERNMENT
POSITION WITH GOOD CONNECTIONS TO CONVINCE THEM THAT IT IS A TOY THEN IT WILL BE RELEASE WITH A HIGH CUSTOM DUTY

ALSO SINCE THEN I HAVE NOT ORDERD ANY GUN . I MIGHT IN FUTURE .
Tnx for sharing savya78.
I too want to import one but maybe someday, for now our custom needs some reeducation on differentiating Arms & toy. And some chrony (They are embarrassing everyone doing those wood test).
Bro how can I contact you . Iam really interested to learn from u.mind giving me ur no.?