• Advertisement
Kiehberg.in -  Outdoor gear and sports equipment

Weapons classification

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
martian_sniper

Weapons classification

Postby martian_sniper » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:41 am

Hi guys , i just want to have information i am going to attach some detail here please me know that it is correct , wrong or missing something it is about the weapon classification in India whether they are non prohibited bore (NPB) or prohibited bore (PB)
Please guys let me know it will help a lot

Thanks in advance
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mundaire

Re: Weapons classification

Postby mundaire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:01 pm

This topic has been covered in great detail earlier as well, please see http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2780 .

As is clearly mentioned on the list posted by you, it is merely an "illustrative" list. The classification as PB or more accurately "restricted" calibre is based on a negative list, as mentioned in Schedule I of the Arms Rules. Only ownership of those calibres EXPLICITLY mentioned on that list (in Schedule I) are restricted and the competent authority to issue an Arms License for those calibre firearms is the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India. ALL OTHER CALIBRES apart from those EXPLICITLY mentioned as restricted are to be considered as NPB or more accurately "permissible" calibres and licenses for those are issued by the local licensing authority.

There have been some changes in the new Arms Rules 2016, for e.g. now .45 ACP has been removed from the restricted list, 5.56 NATO has been added to that list etc.

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

IFG Facebook Page
IFG on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

sathvik

Postby sathvik » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:10 pm

What's the difference between .45 and 450 bore revolver ?
Regards sathvik

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Added in 3 minutes 3 seconds:
Re: RE: Re: Weapons classification
sathvik wrote:What's the difference between .45 and 450 bore revolver ?
Regards sathvik

It's 455

mundaire

Postby mundaire » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:40 pm

They are entirely different cartridges. The .45 ACP (referenced above) is a rimless cartridge while the .455 Webley is a rimmed revolver cartridge which evolved out of the older (black powder only) .476 cartridge.

Of course simply saying .45 and .455 tells only part of the story, a .45 could be a .45 ACP, .45 Colt, .45 Long Colt etc. all of them different from each other.

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

IFG Facebook Page
IFG on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

sathvik

Re: RE: Re: Weapons classification

Postby sathvik » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:55 pm

mundaire wrote:They are entirely different cartridges. The .45 ACP (referenced above) is a rimless cartridge while the .455 Webley is a rimmed revolver cartridge which evolved out of the older (black powder only) .476 cartridge.

Of course simply saying .45 and .455 tells only part of the story, a .45 could be a .45 ACP, .45 Colt, .45 Long Colt etc. all of them different from each other.

Thank you sir for clearing my doubt

Return to “The Legal Eagle”