Long Pending Arms License Application

The legal aspects of owning, shooting, importing arms/ ammo and other related legal aspects as well as any other legal queries. Please note: This INCLUDES all arms licensing issues/ queries!
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Long Pending Arms License Application

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:23 pm

If your arms license application is long pending with licensing authourity or you are not getting satisfactory replies or action, or bribe is being demanded, you can lodge application under THE RIGHT TO INFORMATION ACT 2005 and ask for information/papers. In CIC's view, appellant is entitled to receive information regarding whether the action was taken on his petition—accepted, kept pending or rejected—and its final fate.
Enclosed RTI guide, format for RTI application and judgment dated 05-11-2009 of CENTRAL INFORMATION
COMMISSION in F.No. CIC/AT/A/2009/000678:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by goodboy_mentor on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

For Advertising mail webmaster
kb100
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Long Pending Arms License Application

Post by kb100 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:12 pm

OUCH Goodboy_Mentor! .. The Long Pending pdf is quite hard-hitting and direct. Do you think they will reply? (Lots of RTI guys getting popped lately! :? )
A Closed Mouth Gathers No Feet!

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:34 am

The Long Pending pdf is quite hard-hitting and direct. Do you think they will reply?
In my opinion, questions need to be specific to get specific answers, without which RTI application will not be of much use. Even in CIC's view, appellant is entitled to receive information regarding whether the action was taken on his petition—accepted, kept pending or rejected—and its final fate. If you want anything to be modified to make it better, please feel free to make changes and also let us all know. Of course they will reply, at the most they can give some vague answers/excuses for some of the questions. As per RTI Act 2005 PIO has to give reply within 30 days.
(Lots of RTI guys getting popped lately! :? )
Yes I fully agree, one of the major culprits is the Arms Act 1959 and its implementation. It provides safety for criminals to carry on their business by ensuring that the victims cannot exercise their fundamental right of self defense.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:37 am

now thats what i call service, thanks
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:00 am

Re the format for seeking inofrmation under RTI Act

1.Re point no 7, time period is specified by the Act itself

2..Re point no. 8, there is some confusion regarding whether the Act covers file noting's or not.Why not seek inspection of the file?

3.Re the last point,there is only one Chief Secretary in the State.You want to know about the Principal Secretary and not the CS.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:20 pm

1.Re point no 7, time period is specified by the Act itself
Point no. 7 is about reply to application mentioned in point no. 1
2..Re point no. 8, there is some confusion regarding whether the Act covers file noting's or not.
Information is any material in any form. According to the RTI Act 2005, the information which cannot be denied to the Parliament or a State Legislature, shall not be denied to any person. The created confusion about file notings by Department of Personnel and Training [DoPT] has been cleared by efforts of RTI activist Subhash Chandra. Please refer the question "Your comments on the campaign against amendments to the Act." at http://www.frontline.in/fl2718/stories/ ... 801600.htm
Moreover The DoPT's April 30, 2010 letter in reply to RTI application says: “copy of file noting is enclosed.” http://beta.thehindu.com/opinion/lead/a ... epage=true
Why not seek inspection of the file?
Because just the inspection of file will not have any evidential value in court if need arises later.
3.Re the last point,there is only one Chief Secretary in the State.You want to know about the Principal Secretary and not the CS.
Please advise if Principal Secretary is better to be mentioned in last point, instead of Chief Secretary?

HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by HydNawab » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:29 pm

Great going Goodboy_mentor. I am forwarding this to my brother.
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

SYED833
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by SYED833 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:39 pm

hi,,my licence application has come under review and it is with the local police circle inspector,,he is sitting on the file for a month now,what can i do? vitamin M is also not helping,i dont have any criminal or civil cases against me..can RTI help me now? or should i have to wait till the 2 months verification time gets over..
please advise

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Do not rush for RTI at this stage. Give time for about 2-3 months. After that inquire using normal ways first. RTI should be the last option before going to court only when you are not getting satisfactory replies or action, or bribe is being demanded etc.

SYED833
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by SYED833 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:48 pm

http://www.rtination.com/index.php?opti ... t&Itemid=8
found this link,,rti application submition online,.they charge you extra for that..

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:58 pm

But here in Ludhiana there is all together a different ball game. The guys sitting in Suvidha Kendra have refused to accept any kind of application regarding Arms License, weather new or addition . They say it is an order from Deputy Commissioner that not accept any application regarding Arms License . This news even popped up in local Hindustan Times paper , but nothing changed. Things are really getting tough for people like us.
Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

SYED833
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by SYED833 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:08 pm

my licence app is under review for 3 months now,,my local tahasildars office has lost my file altogether,my police inspector is sitting on the file and not moving his a**,even after accepting bribes,they are non responsive.i think rti is my final option..if i let this guys do the work in there own pace,they might hand over my licence on my death bed,{that is if i am that lucky},

thomast1
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by thomast1 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:30 pm

hahaha!!! solid a$$ the bug*3r has got!!! try presenting him a diwan!!!
Last edited by thomast1 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ruger_rugged
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ruger_rugged » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:53 pm

SYED833 wrote:http://www.rtination.com/index.php?opti ... t&Itemid=8
found this link,,rti application submition online,.they charge you extra for that..
Has anybody taken services of www.rtination.com

:cheers:

SYED833
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by SYED833 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:09 pm

not yet,,but i may do it soon,but it looks ok..