First IFG Hunt... :)

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
stunngun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: First IFG Hunt... :)

Post by stunngun » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:57 pm

Cool! Looks like you guys had fun! I finally got to see the pics Mehul! Thanks for the link!

Will come again and have a closer look and see all the pics!
"wh@r*s don't live in company of poor men, citizens never support a weak company and birds don't build nests on a tree that doesn't bear fruits." Chanakya quotes (Indian politician, strategist and writer, 350 BC -275 BC )

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:04 pm

Inder,

Mind reading is definitely not your forte as I haven't the foggiest what you are on about.

Spell it out. I haven't had much sleep two nights in a row and probably just being thick.

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:07 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="8080 wrote: Inder,

Mind reading is definitely not your forte as I haven't the foggiest what you are on about.

Mack The Knife
Oh.. I think I again got confused when you people were discussing definition of Hunt and Shoot :oops:

Sorry I will edit my post :(

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:17 pm

Stunngun,

Glad you liked the pics. Hope you could also make it to a hunt in the future.

Cheers!

Mehul

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:19 pm

kanwar76";p="8077 wrote:My first shot was a long shot.
Inder,

When I started out as a teenager, I found that the biggest challenge was calculating the distance of what was "in range" and what was out of range... It took a bit of trial & error before I began to get the hang of it. You seem to be doing really well for a beginner - good going and may you have many more such enjoyable shoots with friends in the future! :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:35 pm

mundaire";p="8087 wrote:
kanwar76";p="8077 wrote:My first shot was a long shot.
Inder,

When I started out as a teenager, I found that the biggest challenge was calculating the distance of what was "in range" and what was out of range... It took a bit of trial & error before I began to get the hang of it. You seem to be doing really well for a beginner - good going and may you have many more such enjoyable shoots with friends in the future! :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Abhijeet,

There was no time to calculate anything :). It just came into my cone and I shot it.. Yep, there is still a lot of learning to do especially in range calculating area. I also hope that we can enjoy these things with friends but in our own country. I was talking to Mehul yesterday that we added hundreds of dollars in a foreign country’s economy. I would have been happier to spend double the amount in our own country in our own terrain. If we look in a way. We contributed to US economy and we even contributed to US wildlife, Those 14 which escaped will hopefully breed and increase the pheasant population if nothing else coyotes will eat them.

I don’t know when Babu’s and Neta’s will start thinking logically. Why the hell they don’t understand that we are a poor county and if we can raise some money on the expense of some birds then why not.

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:28 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="8064 wrote:Did not quite understand this bit...."The release pens were really small for the pheasants, I feel ashamed for having to put them thru it. I hope they still taste good."
Mack The Knife, the outfitters brought the birds in small "pens", about 8" high, a foot wide and about 3 or 4 feet in length. Each box had atleast 17 or 18 pheasants because thats what we had ordered (35 total). I felt really bad that they were packed so tightly.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:04 am

Sharief,

I understand where you are coming from.

Mack The Knife

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:19 am

I am surprised no one has asked what I meant by 'corn clays' yet :)

LOL... towards the end, when we were done shooting at birds, we picked some corn cobs (since we were in the corn field) and threw em in the air like clay :) Sharief came up with a better idea.. he filled a styrofoam cup with some cobs and threw it. Not quite close to clay shooting, but was a lot of fun anyway.

Oh and I never knew Sharief would turn out to be an actor... :P man, does he do a good job acting Gabbar Singh or what!! You can see him do that in some pics where Inder, Mehul and I are laughing our asses off :D

Amit

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:52 am

Mehul/Amit/Sharief/Inder

Conratulations on the shoot.Nice to see that you had fun.Could do with some 'exercise' myself.Have just attended another wedding and the pant seems to have gotten a bit tight :lol: So how many shots to land 31 birds :wink: In my case,I think I would have more success with a 12 ga machinegun.Any of them around :lol:

penpusher

stunngun
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by stunngun » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:45 pm

Mehul! If I am there then you could organize a hunt for me as well! If you come to India and I am here, then I will join you for then hunt! My word!

You can call me Nisha!
"wh@r*s don't live in company of poor men, citizens never support a weak company and birds don't build nests on a tree that doesn't bear fruits." Chanakya quotes (Indian politician, strategist and writer, 350 BC -275 BC )

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:17 pm

If you come to India and I am here, then I will join you for then hunt! My word!
Stunngun,

Sorry to rain on your parade but hunting has been banned in India for quite some years now.

Mack The Knife

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:15 pm

penpusher,

What happened to your plans for visiting the US? If anything, I hope I have tempted you into wanting to visit soon! :D

Nisha,

As Mack The Knife points out hunting is banned in India though there are proposals to re-open it in the future. When it happens I shall olove to hunt in India. In the meantime, if you come here, of course, you would be most welcome to hunt with us.

Cheers!

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:07 am

penpusher wrote

''In my case,I think I would have more success with a 12 ga machinegun.Any of them around''

In deed. Just for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancor_Jackhammer

Fire away, penpusher.It's all yours. Now no excuses. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:25 am

Vikram,

I will wait for a belt fed version :lol:

Mehul,

Will not be able to go anywhere for at least 6 months now.Perhaps in the coming summer.It seems that as soon as I plan a trip to the US, something has to come up.In the meanwhile I will try to develope my skills with a shotgun.

penpusher