Belated IFG Anniversary celebration at Aurora IL

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
mehulkamdar

Belated IFG Anniversary celebration at Aurora IL

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:45 pm

Friends,

We had a small group get together at Amit's place last evening for a fantastic IFG anniversary celebration in the North Chicago suburbs. The weather suddenly turned warm and pleasant and Amit decided to grill pork chops and Cornish game hens outdoors at his beautiful little townhome in Aurora, not at all far from my place. We had his two little girls for company and the boss of the home, Jennifer, a fine lady who constantly competes with her husband in cooking. After Amit's grilling session, she made a superb Kheema Methi dish that I had for the first time and enjoyed immensely followed by a superb fruit custard.

The disappointment was Inder who ate the least in the group - he is in danger of being severely rebuked by his elders for eating very little despite being a Sardarji. Neither Amit nor I have seen a Sardarji who was on a diet before this. We hope to get him to live up to the great traditions of his community in the future. :lol: My thanks to Amit and Jennifer for a wonderful evening for which they put in a lot of effort and to Inder for providing fantastic company. This is a day that will rank among my most pleasant memories. 8)

Mehul

For Advertising mail webmaster
conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Belated IFG Anniversary celebration at Aurora IL

Post by conty1 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:25 pm

It was a pleasure having you guys over Mehul and Inder. And agiin, you are always welcome anytime. We are all about hosting. It's something we cherish. Not to miss out on the cocktails... good job... perfect icing on the cake!

I'm glad you had a good time.

Inder, again... you dont need an invite man! Anytime you feel like having a home cooked meal, let me know, I'll come get you.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:07 pm

Looks like you guys had fun all the best

Rgds
navdeep

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:28 pm

Tell him it wasn't halal cut and watch him tuck in. ;)

Personally, I'd let him starve for being a fussy blighter. :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:47 pm

First when Mehul asks him if he'd like a light or a stiff peg, he says LIGHT... then he doesn't eat even as much as Jenny did :?

No seriously Mack The Knife... how long have you known this guy for? Are you SURE he's a genuine Sardar? :wink: :wink:

J/k... :D :D :D

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:04 am

He's kosher enough to only eat meat that's been slaughtered by the jhatka method.

Give him a bag of chips and save the chops for me. ;)

Bangalore really seems to be sending over some prime specimens. The first one would refuse to open his eyes to watch a hunting video :roll: and the second chappie is a fussy eater. I guess I will just have to come over to set the record straight.

Next time fill his plate and tell him he cannot leave the table until he finishes his food. :evil: :mrgreen:

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:38 am

Man….. you bu$$ers are on it again.............. :roll: :mrgreen:

In my defense…. I had a late lunch at office and after coming to hotel I had six bananas, two big glasses of juice, one packet of parley G and one cup of coffee with Mehul before going to Amit's house. Still I managed to eat pork chops, Grilled hen and that tasty keema methi (really loved that). I think after all that stuff I can easily contest for the Glutton for the year award… :D :mrgreen:

What Mack The Knife… you can’t say I am a fussy eater; for the record I can eat or drink anything other than Halal and beef and regarding drinks when I said Light I was saying from my standards… :wink: :wink:

but really, thanks for the fabulous food and great evening Amit, One of the best I had after so long. Nothing better than company of good friends Smell of grilling meet, and a nice drink in hand under sky full of stars. Thanks again Amit and thanks Mehul for that lovely cocktail and ride.

We should arrange something like this with those Pheasants which we gonna get on that hunt.. :wink:

-Inder

PS: I don’t have reservation against watching any kind of Hunting or shootin Video :wink:
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:31 am

This thread reminds me of the joke about why you need to take 2 baptists fishing-

Because if you take only 1, he'll drink all your beer!
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:50 am

Mack The Knife,

You are always going to be welcome here and, in fact, your absence is severely missed. Good that your fellow shooters from Bangalore have inspired this sentiment! 8) :lol:

Inder,

You will never have to worry about pork being halal. :lol: :mrgreen:

Being married to a Sikh girl, I know how well your clan enjoy good food and life in general. All you need to do is to live more in line with the high standards of your community. 8)

Navdeep,

We have a pheasant shoot in Indiana on Dec 16th, the first official IFG hunt in the USA. I wish you could join. We have spare guns and all members from Michigan and Illinois are going to be participating. You are welcome to stay at my place and I could also pick you up from the airport if you come and drop you back there.

Naren,

If you're back in the US, you're also very, very welcome. COme on, gentlemen, it is an event of significance that we are planning - one of our members from India, a brother hunter, is here, and we need to make him feel more welcome and enjoy ourselves in the bargain. 8)

Cheers, everyone, and all members of IFG are most welcome to this hunt.

Mehul

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:43 pm

mehulkamdar";p="5933 wrote:Mack The Knife,

You are always going to be welcome here and, in fact, your absence is severely missed. Good that your fellow shooters from Bangalore have inspired this sentiment! 8) :lol:
On second thoughts, it's probably cheaper for me to house train them before they leave. :mrgreen:

Bananas, Parle G (how the dickens did he get that?) and juice indeed! Call that food? Eat meat! :evil:

;)

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:14 pm

Mehul

I will work on my calendar and figure out details. Can you post tentative schedule where in Indiana or email it to me.

Thanks
Navdeep

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:44 am

Congratulations to all of you gents. Mehul and Amit, the menu makes my mouth water and gives me one more reason why I should pay a visit to Mehul. I don't like to boast, but as a trencherman, I am a major league player (read a gluttonous swine). :lol: .

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:53 pm

Six bananas, two glasses of juice, parle g before dinner...i think he did pretty good ;-). But sounds real good and looks like you all had fun. Keep it up.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.