My first Shooting Trip

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
penpusher

Re: My first Shooting Trip

Post by penpusher » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:19 am

So can we call Abhijeet the 'King of Good Times' :lol:

For Advertising mail webmaster
Gadget-Man
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Gadget-Man » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:03 pm

Dear Doc uncle,
The scope on the QB did not have the illumination.I shot through the scope and hence did not use the front sight.

Dear Timmy Uncle,
I'm very thrilled to read your post.I'm fairly good at studies. I score about 95-97%.I'm still at my first legs as far shooting is concerned, but I hope to develop this passion following the basic rules.I will certainly post new pictures once I'm through with my exams.Thank you for your encouragement.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:15 pm

Timmy,
A very very nice post from you to boost up a young kid... he is all charged up and ready for the next outing !
I salute you too for the encouraging words to me as the father... As any father, I will do my best to bring out the best in him and teach / guide him to excel in this sport. He is indeed lucky to have the guidance of Abhijeet and Dev...

Penpusher,
Abhijeet is indeed the 'King of Good Times' in all respects... he makes it all 'happen'...

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:48 pm

Congrats Olly. You seem to have a fine kid there. Seems very well mannered and modest. If scoring 95 to 97% is fairly good to him wonder what really good would be to him. A request, ask him not to mention stuff about his percentage and stuff........such things would put lots of us to shame :)

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:56 am

that is good going indeed ! well done all of you!
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:22 am

All of us recognize that the world moves on, and soon the generation that we are teaching will be taking care of us. I am reminded here of Indira Gandhi's words: "We believe, as Mahatma Gandhi taught, that rights flow from duty well done." Politics aside, I think that we all, as firearms aficionados, recognize that this statement has great application to our cause.

Oily, I can see for myself the results of your parenting. You have every reason to be proud!

My younger son will bring his family to see us this summer, and his older two children are old enough to have some instruction in shooting, which my son has requested from me. I am quite eager to pass on the appreciation of guns to them, and reading this thread allows me to taste this!

Gadget-Man, sometimes you will see that you can tell as much from the way a person writes, as you can from what they write. I have no doubt that your shooting will soon equal your academic performance.

There is a strong element of discipline in developing shooting skills -- the lessons you can learn in training your body to do what your mind expects of it serve as an excellent model for many things you will do in life. Also, the pleasure you can derive from accomplishment makes shooting such a wonderful sport. You will recognize that, no matter who you are shooting with, your competition is really with yourself -- to achieve improvement.

Anyway, I must say I certainly am looking forward to pictures from your next outing!

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re:

Post by dev » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:51 pm

Gadget-Man wrote:Dear Doc uncle,
The scope on the QB did not have the illumination.I shot through the scope and hence did not use the front sight.

Dear Timmy Uncle,
I'm very thrilled to read your post.I'm fairly good at studies. I score about 95-97%.I'm still at my first legs as far shooting is concerned, but I hope to develop this passion following the basic rules.I will certainly post new pictures once I'm through with my exams.Thank you for your encouragement.

Hi Gadget Man,

The scope does have red or green cross hairs at the turn of a dial but I thought it was an irrelevant extra.
Doesn't help in shooting much. Will show you when we mount it on your rifle (though your Dad is playing with it now).
ROTFL

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:54 pm

nice going young man. remember as they say all work and no play makes Gadget-Man dull, at least you can tell a good story to your class mates, who probably stayed home and watch tv

keep it up
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

lazybones
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by lazybones » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:30 pm

Great write-up and pictures gadget man. Keep taking your Dad and uncles on outings - porcine, or not, they look like they can use the exercise :D

Ashok

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Hoi Lazybones stop making me want to abuse my powers :lol: .
I'm kinda sensitive to the weight issue . :roll:

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:04 pm

Gadgetman is taking his final exams... taking a break from all the fun of the pellet-kind... :P

But all you 'Uncles'... better tighten your belts b'cause he's gonna be back soon and 'take you out'... :D

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:19 pm

Gadgetman is taking his final exams... taking a break from all the fun of the pellet-kind...

But all you 'Uncles'... better tighten your belts b'cause he's gonna be back soon and 'take you out'...
I'm sure our friend will do very well on his finals, and his range proficiency will be greeted with congratulations, likewise. If he exceeds the performance of this old duffer, so much the better. Hard work should always have its rewards.