IFG NorthEast Meet at Shillong

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
jonahpach
Shooting true
Shooting true

IFG NorthEast Meet at Shillong

Post by jonahpach » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:35 pm

A couple of weeks ago (Saturday 24th October) some of us IFG-ians from the northeast finally got the courage to meet and share some tall stories. It promised to be an interesting meet with plans to go shooting and fishing at the local (what-its-name) lake. The group consisted of Nagarifle from (where else?) , Cottagecheese (Shillong) and myself from Mizoland.
I had planned to take a round about trip via Kolkotta-Guwahati-Shillong ending up with a by-road trip back home from shillong. But this was altered the otherway round due to reasons related to... ahem!.. Er, aaah... You know the Mizoram Excise department is very vigilant at the checkgates at the borders and you'all know that Mizoram is a dry state... Winter being so close and the Excise department is so very conveniently lax at the airport... I thought just maybe I'd you know.. stock up on the 'stomach jacket' stuff for the freezing months of winter.
Anyway thats another story. As it turned out, I left rainy Aizawl by road hoping that Shillong would be much dryer. Was I ever wrong! Nagarifle (Nags) blamed it all on me of course being the only Jonah around. It started raining the same evening I arrived and It just rained and rained. Cottagecheese (CC) had put us up at a very cosy hotel named 'El Dorado' and that's where we stayed till we called it quits and went our ways on monday evening.

Ok... Well I almost forgot, we visited CC's shop and backyard workshop and saw a lot of interesting stuff. Back home he showed off his self restored ________________ (fill in the blanks CC) which was a real beauty. It has been sometime since I put my paws on a ____ and boy does it dwarf my Glock! One really begins to understand what it means to look down the barrel of a gun when one is on the bad side of a cannon such as this. Maybe Abhijeet would know. Anyway, the shop had quiet a few interesting stuff some of which included a... Dreilinger! Would you believe it! I had my digital camera in my pocket all the time and never remembered to take photos! By Heck! Must have had something to do with the rains.
Oh yes Sunday was a full day spent at the hotel and a small sunday service hosted by Nags in his room. (Nags, I'll always remember the sermon and the Bible quote from Malachai.. I intend to follow it by the Book! May God bless your bald head ;-)) Of course I got me a few new toys which Nags got for me from back home, which made the event a bit more worthwhile (Hey guys dont get me wrong! Loved meeting and chatting up with you)

Ye Olde Motel El Dorado

IFG-ians at a local Restaurant in Shillong.. (Too Bad Nags was the only one with guts enough to bring his missus along)

One of my new Toys!!.. (Not the gun stupid)
By the way thats a new style of T-Shirt getting very popular here in Mizoram and has nothing to do with a paunch.. Rusty and Dev I think you should get one of these T-Shirts really smashing!
Speak softly and carry a big gun!

For Advertising mail webmaster
striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: IFG NorthEast Meet at Shillong

Post by striker » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:54 pm

jonah
amazing pose and smart gun 8)

cheers
sankar

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:55 pm

hope you enjoyed your long-long wet bus ride home Johna :) by the way whos the body it ain't me as i have some more hear, forgot to tell them about the night shoot outside. :cry:
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:56 pm

and ya your wet wet wet cloths
Nagarifle

Goldfinger
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Goldfinger » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:35 pm

Jonah,
How very interesting! Wish you had gone on and on. You do have a flair for recounting events in the most absorbing manner.

CC,
Waiting for you to fill in the blanks.

All others,
How much alike Jonah and the gentlemen on his right appear. My guess, it is CC. A colleague who recently got posted to Pathankot had the same to say of the sardars there.
All the best everyone

Goldfinger

lazybones
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by lazybones » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:03 pm

Great account of the proceedings Jonah :)
I think you've invented the greatest cloak-of-invisibility for paunches ever :)

Ashok

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:25 am

lazybones";p="58377 wrote: :)
I think you've invented the greatest cloak-of-invisibility for paunches ever :)

Ashok
its not a paunches as some tend to think, having met the man i can verify that its muscle relaxed :uncontrollable:
Nagarifle

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:45 am

Hi Jonah,

Glad you guys got together at my old home town, heck I was born there. Will be heading Guwahati side hopefully on the fifteenth. Let's see if anyone is around there then. Will call.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:01 pm

... Down south, many consider a nice paunch as "Signs of Prosperity" :)
... and we all know who the most Prosperous IFG-ian is ;)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:16 am

nice pictures jonah :) looks like you had a good time :) if you dont mind,can i ask about the price you paid for that glock.most probably a 9mm considering the indian scenario :)

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:57 pm

Sorry to drop in late on this one. Was locking horns at work.

Well...Jonah, to start with...I'll book you under the IFG-NE Official Secrets Act... :twisted: That mug in the picture doesn't belong to me... and there I was hoping to retain the anonymous mystique...dashing eastern prince and all....shucks man.

Anyway everyone, its just an annual convention of the baldies-association of NE :)
Naga couldn't wait and decided to beat nature to it. Jonah has nature on his side and doesn't need any intervention from a barber. As for me, I thought the buddhist-monk look would lend a bit of plastic respectability... looks like it failed miserably.

And miserable is the word.... the weather that Jonah brought along... that is. Naga brought the one and a half day power cut all the way from Dimapur. Unprecedented for a place like Shillong.... Nevertheless we shared some splendid sky-high stories and while we abandoned the wives to the commercial district. Jonah played quick-draw-mc'something and always beat us to paying the tab for most of our culinary binges. We had no problems with that- you can't win them all :mrgreen:

All our shooting and scooting plans got rained out thanks to Jonahs friend Rashmi who came all the way from the bay of bengal. We managed a shoot with the new Webley-tracker the first night in the hotels' backyard! The white building in the backyard is a hospital. The shoot was aided by Jonah's fenix from Gasramgandu. Nice one. The 15 yard target was a cigarette packet with a very potent back stop of several sacks of cow-dung that was piled for the hotel gardens. No body seemed to have hit anything- damn weather :) .... anyway from the kind of alarmed stares we got from the private ward balconies, I'd guess a lot of patients recovered quite rapidly (and volunteered discharge)or got even more ill.

Ah...Jonah- thats body armor under the T-shirt- Top grade NATO issue Threat Level III Adipose Tissue.

Dev- so you a Shillong wallah? Thats interesting. Let me know when you decide to come this way(minus weather) we could meet up and hatch some conspiracies.

Hey Goldfinger,

As requested here are the blanks duly filled:

Ok... Well I almost forgot, we visited CC's shop and backyard workshop and saw a lot of interesting stuff. Back home he showed off his self restored ***************** (fill in the blanks CC) which was a real beauty. It has been sometime since I put my paws on a *********** and boy does it dwarf my Glock!

maybe uncensored over email? :wink: :mrgreen:
How much alike Jonah and the gentlemen on his right appear. My guess, it is CC. A colleague who recently got posted to Pathankot had the same to say of the sardars there.
:)
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

lazybones
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by lazybones » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:45 am

Nice writeup CC and Jonah. Wish I was there.
You guys should patent the cow-dung backstop; beats ballistic putty any day :D
Ashok

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:51 am

That is a right cosy congregation of our brethren. What's with a spot of wetness here and there. We have been having it non-stop from the time immemorial,feels like it at least. :evil: :roll:

CC, you do look the dashing Oriental Prince.

You guys know how to hammer words into some delectable prose.

Nice. :cheers:

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:40 am

Great words guys, the trio lose their cover! ;)
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:58 pm

eljefe";p="58695 wrote:Great words guys,
All that drivel upstairs was just a fancy way of saying we the IFG-NE did next to nothing during the meet ;)

the trio lose their cover! ;)
I'm applying for the witness protection program.
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!