Tin can bashing on Sunday, 28th September.

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
GasramGandu
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by GasramGandu » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:52 pm

Rusty, am confirming for tomorrow. Will bring the new videocam and the Do-it-all metal target.

Will also bring the steel leaders.

GG

For Advertising mail webmaster
diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Tin can bashing on Sunday, 28th September.

Post by diskaon » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:06 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="54227 wrote:
PHATAK, figure out the trajectories between 5 and 35 yards or else you will need to change your username to kania. I have a very special 'tin' for the 5 yard shot. :mrgreen:
thats the reason I am bringing in a 25 yr old gun... "a bad worksman blames his tools" is my motto.. i guess I shall make you my guru.. student is only as bad as his teacher!!

by the way i have collected one "red bull" can .. see I am not afraid of the slim design and do not choose my drink based on the size of the can.

Diskaon (aka phatak)
not yet proven to be KANIA
klick klack..... diskaon

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:44 pm

Rusty, am confirming for tomorrow. Will bring the new videocam.
And I have a new cape and Fedora. 8)
Will also bring the steel leaders.
Thanks a million! Here's what came via e-mail from my friend... "Beach sandy, no rocks. There is a fishing village on the beach but those guys use small motorised boats. I have a friend whose neighbour is a fishing nut. I will ask for best locations, including fishing in the sea from a boat."

Before the DD's jump to any assumptions I did not cancel the 'oop north' visit to go fishing in Chennai. Last evening the Home Minister decided that she DID want to go for a holiday after all, so after reviewing a few options, we decided to visit a couple of college friends in Chennai. I wont deny that their beach front house (more or less) was more or less the deciding factor.....for me. :P

icemanV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by icemanV » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:43 pm

One pot of coffee is on me.
Ice
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail-should we fall- we will know that we have lived" - Steven Erikson, TTH

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:56 pm

Met IcemanV at the range today...
What I can do is team up with him at 1300 hrs tomorrow, and be at Mack The Knife's place by 1345 a few minutes here and there. But considering the afternoon traffic, I think I should do fine on the time front.
diskaon";p="54206 wrote: ...see you at pran's place at 3pm tom. ..
Mack The Knife, if diskaon will come over to Pran's at 1500 hrs, maybe you should leave a little later than 1345 :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

icemanV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by icemanV » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:14 pm

TenX I left the range at 2.30 today. Reached home at 4.00.....3 major jams through the city....at that rate we can reach Mack The Knifes place only at around 2.30 if we leave at one.

Tomm being sunday might help.....but think about it.
Ice
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail-should we fall- we will know that we have lived" - Steven Erikson, TTH

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:32 pm

Dude.. I do Kanakpura Road to Bellary road in about 90 minutes in office hours :)
I guess 1300 to 1400 is more than sufficient, considering my classes being near Lalbagh :)
Lets plan to meet there at 1300 hrs. I will call/SMS you again tom morning between 1030-1045...
Sounds OK :)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

icemanV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by icemanV » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:22 pm

Ok Done.
Ice

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:43 pm

Hmmm.. Looks like I'll have to see if Kovi Shop has another one of their "Last Piece" Bags! :)

Reminds me of a situation when I caught an agent of mine telling a customer:

"Ma'am, we have a final troubleshooting step to follow... If that doesn't fix the issue, I have one more final step!" :D

I hate when shop keepers tell you three things:

"Sir, this is my last piece and I'm giving it cheap..."

"Sir, For you.. The price is.." Yeah, Like I'm related to him thru his kid!..

and finally.. The infamous:

"The stopped supply of that. The company doesn't make it anymore!"

The last statement was made with a touch of impudence by a vendor in National Market about (Now beat this) a box of Snickers.

I seem to have the wrath of shopkeepers. Once while complaining to a shopkeeper that the Nivea he sold me was beyond the expiration date, He gave me a stern look and asked "Are you going to eat it??"

I didnt have a reply to that.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:53 pm

Okay chaps, entries are hereby closed and we have one confirmed gentleman (that would be me....obviously!) and eight confirmed louts (that's the rest of you sorry bunch) attending.

I will be leaving my place at 14:00 and we should consider meeting up at Canboy's residence by 14:30 latest. Please be punctual as I will need time to set out the course and brief some of you mutts on the aspect of safe gun handling (Mo! Stop playing pocket billiards and pay attention! :evil: ).

Before we start, 10 to 15 minutes will be given to check your zeros and learn your trajectories in case you still haven't done so. In the interests of safety there will be NO more shooting on the side lines once the competition starts.

There will be ten targets and each target will be shot from a different location. To mark the respective target and firing points there will be a cardboard marker. Eg. Firing Point 1 and Target 1 will have their own cardboard cards with the number 1 in either red or black. The black will indicate the firing point and the red will indicate the target. If you shoot at another target, it will be put down as a miss. The position the shot has to be taken from (standing, kneeling or prone) will be indicated on each firing point card. Expect to get cut, scratched, bitten by red ants and filthy. Ground sheets will not be allowed. The first aid box will be in my haversack. :P

Each participant will be accompanied by a scorer. The scorer's decision regarding a hit or miss will be final. There will be no 'time out' to discuss whether or not you hit the bally tin. I may also be at hand with the camera but don't expect me to intervene. If you are caught bribing your scorer, you will have to bribe all of us to keep quiet and I don't come cheap...

You may only cock and load your rifle after reaching the respective firing points. Failure to follow this rule will earn you an immediate disqualification. No exceptions!

I will set the time limit after I have set out the course and this will not be open to debate. Those of you completing the course within the given time will supercede those who are unable to complete the course in time, even if the latter have hit more targets than you. The final rankings will be decided on the number of hits and whether or not you have completed the course in time or not. Henceforth, they will be known as category 1 and category 2, respectively. In case of a tie based on number of hits within either category, the time taken by the participants will decide the winner of the tie. In case the tie still exists, the winner will be decided by another round of the first three targets.

Participants using scoped rifles will have to set their scope magnification to its lowest setting.

It is mandatory to heckle, jeer and generally insult your fellow competitor but no excessive swearing please.

Last three on the rankings will have to pick up the targets, serve the tea and do any other nasty task the remaining six come up with.

My stopwatch batteries have died. If anyone has a working example please bring it along.

That's it. See you tomorrow.

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 pm

I will reply once confirm the meaning of "lout", you old fart!

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:10 pm

Mack The Knife you have an urgent but required PM...
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:13 pm

Ruffian huh? Well you're an Oaf! A learned one at at that. But all the same! :D

Well now that the customary niceties are over, it sounds like a plan.

Cant wait to get there. Rusty, you better be nice to me. Its the first time we're meeting and its downright indecent to speak dirty on your first date.

One thought though. What if we all decide to boycott the leader and bribe each other.

That'd leave you sulking alone in the corner with your stopwatch (The batteries of which are dead.) :D

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:15 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="54315 wrote: Okay chaps, entries are hereby closed and we have one confirmed gentleman (that would be me....obviously!) and eight confirmed louts (that's the rest of you sorry bunch) attending.
You have a PM about this.. :)

Mack The Knife Bana";p="54315 wrote: Participants using scoped rifles will have to set their scope magnification to its lowest setting.
Would you want to categorize scoped and not-scoped?

Mack The Knife Bana";p="54315 wrote: I will be leaving my place at 14:00 and we should consider meeting up at Canboy's residence by 14:30 latest. ...
I will try my best to be at your place by 1400 hrs...
Mack The Knife Bana";p="54315 wrote: The position the shot has to be taken from (standing, kneeling or prone) will be indicated on each firing point card. Expect to get cut, scratched, bitten by red ants and filthy. Ground sheets will not be allowed. The first aid box will be in my haversack.
:) :)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:18 pm

Mo";p="54319 wrote: One thought though. What if we all decide to boycott the leader and bribe each other...
Dear Linesman could make Mack The Knife spend the rest of the day in locating the place :)
ROTFL
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------