Tin can bashing on Sunday, 28th September.

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Tin can bashing on Sunday, 28th September.

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:09 pm

Here's the list of confirmed and probable attendees. Please reconfirm whether you can make it or not by 8 p.m. on Saturday evening.

1) Inder (Confirmed)
2) Can Boy (Confirmed)
3) TenX (Confirmed)
4) Mo (Confirmed)
5) Iceman V (Confirmed)
6) Ranjeet (Confirmed)
7) Gasram Gandu (Confirmed)
8 ) Diskaon (Confirmed)
9) Mack The Knife (Confirmed)

If I have left anyone out, please pipe up.

Everyone brings his own air-rifle and pellets, a 2-litre bottle of water, some beer/soft drink cans and some snacks. I will get the tea but only have one flask. If we could have one or two more 1-ltre flasks of tea or coffee that would be nice. Can Boy, you will have to provide the tumblers. I will also bring along a small first-aid kit.

Safe gun handling: For those of you who think this a joking matter have a read through the points on http://www.huntingsociety.org/nevers.html
In addition to the points mentioned in the link, we will be running/walking/jogging/crawling (special section for Can Boy) with unloaded air-rifles. The air-rifles will only be loaded at the firing points. Please keep the muzzle pointing up or at the ground when you are not shooting. If your gun handling is found to be unsafe you have the option to pack-up and leave or pack-up and fume in the corner whilst we pelt you with rotten tomatoes. You will not be allowed to shoot and you may not be invited again.

The targets will be placed at any distance between 5 and 35 yards, so make sure your sights are zeroed and you know the trajectory. Time permitting we will have a short zero and trajectory check session at varying ranges. Use of range finders will not be permitted. Let's have some fun.

P.S.: Since I am participating you guys can forget about winning. :mrgreen: The person to come last will have to go around picking up the cans after we are done shooting and if you're fast, we may even give you some tea. :P
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

For Advertising mail webmaster
diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:25 pm

since I dont have an airgun.. can I come with some stones to knock down the cans ...

OR I come to serve the tea!!!

by the way .. the venue is not clear?

diskaon
klick klack..... diskaon

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Tin can bashing on Sunday, 28th September.

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:38 pm

Ofcourse you are welcome and since this may become a regular feature, how about you buying an IHP 35 or whatever your wallet permits and joining in?

The venue is Pran's farm but we will first meet up at Pran's residence sometime between 14:30 and 15:00 and carry on from there. Drop Pran a PM and have him give you the directions. <chuckle>

http://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=4682

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:21 pm

One of the 'Dont's' say:
21. Never Jacklight

Frankly, I dont know what it means.
Mack The Knife, can you throw some 'light'?
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:32 pm

TenX";p="53901 wrote: One of the 'Dont's' say:
21. Never Jacklight

Jacklight is any light used as a lure while hunting at night. It's use is illegal in many countries which allow legal hunting as it is not considered "sporting". AFAIK it does not pose any safety hazard, if someone has information to the contrary (on the safety aspect of jacklighting) I would be quite interested in hearing it.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

diskaon
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by diskaon » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:40 pm

menaka gandhi can spot you from far away!!!
klick klack..... diskaon

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:48 pm

diskaon";p="53903 wrote: menaka gandhi can spot you from far away!!!
Yea thats a huge disadvantage :lol:

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by striker » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:48 pm

One more point to say
"violating the game rules is a crime"

happy shooting.
cheers:-)
sankar
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------99.9% of the World's Gunners are 100% SAFE.Please do not ruin their reputation by being stupid or using guns in violence!!

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Diskaon, are you in or out?

I forgot to mention this... for the post-shoot entertainment Can Boy will be shooting his IFG monthly competition cards. Washout! - Ummm...where DID that one go? - Washout! - Are you certain you had loaded a pellet? - Washout! ROTFL
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:27 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="53913 wrote: for the post-shoot entertainment Can Boy will be shooting his IFG monthly competition cards. Washout - Ummm...where DID that one go - Washout - Are you certain you had loaded a pellet? - Washout! ROTFL
Grrr... :evil:

Will be shooting my cards this Saturday.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:30 pm

diskaon";p="53903 wrote: menaka gandhi can spot you from far away!!!
ROTFL
Mack The Knife Bana";p="53913 wrote: ... Washout - Ummm...where DID that one go - Washout - Are you certain you had loaded a pellet? - Washout! ROTFL
ROTFL
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:34 pm

mundaire";p="53902 wrote:
TenX";p="53901 wrote: One of the 'Dont's' say:
21. Never Jacklight

Jacklight is any light used as a lure while hunting at night. It's use is illegal in many countries which allow legal hunting as it is not considered "sporting". AFAIK it does not pose any safety hazard, if someone has information to the contrary (on the safety aspect of jacklighting) I would be quite interested in hearing it.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Thanks...
:)
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:35 pm

mundaire";p="53902 wrote: AFAIK it does not pose any safety hazard, if someone has information to the contrary (on the safety aspect of jacklighting) I would be quite interested in hearing it.
From what I've heard, as it induces behavior in game not typical, they may veer into the roads and traffic. Usually, Jacklighters (JackAsses) do it from the road as they're too lazy to get their ass off their cars and hunt in the woods like real men. Also, I hope, its dangerous for the JaccAss if a horny deer sees the Light and charges the ahole. Sorry for the language, as you can see, I'm pretty emotional about it.

icemanV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by icemanV » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 pm

IcemanV hereby reconfirms his attendence but after the range.......gotta finish day 5 &6 this week.
Ice
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail-should we fall- we will know that we have lived" - Steven Erikson, TTH

Mo
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Mo » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:44 pm

Lovely! I like the way this is shaping up!

I'm gonna carry a bag of Peppy Corn Balls. Bright Orange, an inch in diameter and explodes when shot!! :)

If its too difficult to hit, we can always eat em too :) Thats what I ALWAYS end up doing!! :D

If somebody has empty Deo cans get that along too. (I have one, so dont want to be the only one waltzing along with one! :D)

At what time are we meeting up? I cant make it too early as getting an auto would be difficult. I've asked for a friend's car. If he doesnt have use for it on sunday, I'll get it.