On the wings of skepticism

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:01 pm

Just when I had thought the end...life gets more interesting. I feel even more motivated than you cause I have been flirting with failure for quite a while now. So it seems if one follows the principles of marksmanship and practices hard...loads may be possible. I had frankly thought that I wasn't gonna make it when I saw the other guys scores. There is a huge amount of practise I still have to do till I reach anywhere. I am just happy that I could do it with a pistol that cost one third of what most target pistols do.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: On the wings of skepticism

Post by OverUnderPump » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:44 pm

OverUnderPump";p="40542 wrote::) Thanks for all the info Rusty, I have asked Tim for a 77k too, he'll get back to me on that.

For the sight and fabricating bit, I'll probably wait for Mundaire to return. Is the sight fabrication bit on the 97K a pain to accomplish, whats the level of effort required ? Is it DIY category stuff or something that requires an expert hand.

regards
8)
OUP
Never mind Rusty don't answer that one, :D. I found your thread on the front-sight mod and will go through it.Will get my doubts clarified later.

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?t=557

regards
8)
OUP
Last edited by OverUnderPump on Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:48 pm

Could you put up a link on this thread? If it's the one I think it is, then it would have to be modified as a 3/4 cylinder since the 97s you are refering to have the underlever flush with the muzzle.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:54 pm

dev";p="40544 wrote:Just found while reading the NRAI rule book that I had qualified for the GVM in 2006.
Tubelight! :roll:

:D :wink:

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:30 am

OverUnderPump";p="40542 wrote: :) Thanks for all the info Rusty, I have asked Tim for a 77k too, he'll get back to me on that.

For the sight and fabricating bit, I'll probably wait for Mundaire to return. Is the sight fabrication bit on the 97K a pain to accomplish, whats the level of effort required ? Is it DIY category stuff or something that requires an expert hand.

regards
8)
OUP
Even if get the foresight fabricated, do factor in some $$ for a micrometer adjustable rear sight (it can slide onto the rear scope dovetail), check out online sites for prices - you'll see Rusty has a point, about getting a 77k. Also, it seems for some reason the 77k makes a tad more power than the 97k.
Sid_kapur30";p="40524 wrote: Grrrrrrrr!!!!

Don't worry sire will tame the beast next time for sure. But next time you let a lean stick fire your small cannon - DO WARN HIM. i literally flew backwards, and of course couldn't hear a thing for about 20 minutes. but dont worry hearing came back to normal after about '6 HOURS' :(

Cheers
Sid
NEVER and I mean NEVER shoot powder burners at the range without hearing protection! The high decibel sounds in a confined space can lead to permanent hearing damage pretty darn quick - AFAIK there is no known cure for auditory nerve damage and tinnitus... borrow if you have to, but it's best to buy a set of good hearing defenders - probably the best shooting related investment you'll ever make.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:52 am

Also, it seems for some reason the 77k makes a tad more power than the 97k.
Abhijeet,

Both models are equally powered as they share the same internal dimensions and components. Some examples, from either model, may have a little more power but getting one of those is a lottery. I was fortunate to get one of these but the next time I strip the rifle I will be removing a preload washer or two (Venom DIY kit inside) to actually turn the power down as I do not have a spring-piston rated scope on it. As you may recall, it has already broken the reticle on one scope.

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:11 am

mundaire";p="40578 wrote:

Don't worry sire will tame the beast next time for sure. But next time you let a lean stick fire your small cannon - DO WARN HIM. i literally flew backwards, and of course couldn't hear a thing for about 20 minutes. but dont worry hearing came back to normal after about '6 HOURS' :(

Cheers
Sid
NEVER and I mean NEVER shoot powder burners at the range without hearing protection! The high decibel sounds in a confined space can lead to permanent hearing damage pretty darn quick - AFAIK there is no known cure for auditory nerve damage and tinnitus... borrow if you have to, but it's best to buy a set of good hearing defenders - probably the best shooting related investment you'll ever make.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Will do that sire will get one this saturday itself. And when do we see you again. when you coming back.

+ will something the swimming earplugs help reduce the sound

Cheers
Sid

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:06 pm

Sid_kapur30";p="40586 wrote:
mundaire";p="40578 wrote:

Cheers
Sid

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Will do that sire will get one this saturday itself. And when do we see you again. when you coming back.

+ will something the swimming earplugs help reduce the sound

Cheers
Sid
No definite on the return dates yet, but will mail you soon to carry on our previous discussion - haven't really had much time lately...

Disposable soft foam earplugs are better than nothing, but it's better to either get ear plugs which are designed for the purpose OR hearing defenders that comfortably surround your ears to cut out maximum sound. There are (more expensive) electronic ones available in both styles which allow ambient sound through (conversations become easier) while cutting out high decibel sounds (that can damage hearing), but not sure if they would be available locally...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:49 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="40581 wrote:. As you may recall, it has already broken the reticle on one scope.
was that the bushnell banner you once mentioned. since i have one lying around i'll probably shy clear of springers. even with a heavy stock, my (un-dieselled, tuned) 77k does have a bit of a kick.
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:15 pm

Sid, the ear plugs used by swimmers will do just fine. Just make sure you wash them now and then... :mrgreen:

Abhijeet, the electronic ear defenders will not be permitted for any ISSF type matches.

Anand, it was indeed the Bushnell Banner - 4-12x40PA to be precise.
Last edited by Mack The Knife on Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:41 pm

i do not know where u lot are coming from. in my days we used empty cases for ear muffs. failing that we used dog ends, all this hi tech mambeo jumbo is behound me.

waht did u say? speck up man
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:13 pm

dog ends!!!!!!! man a hole in a hole :-) amazing
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:46 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="40601 wrote: Abhijeet, the electronic ear defenders will not be permitted for any ISSF type matches.
HI! :? I have seen several shooters in shotgun and big bore use electronic earmuffs. In fact all the big ticket international shotgunners use electronic earmuffs. :?
Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms!

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:54 pm

dev";p="40544 wrote:Oh shite new learning! Just found while reading the NRAI rule book that I had qualified for the GVM in 2006. And my score is good enough for this year too. Well live and learn I guess. So the rest of the dahlings better bow when they see Billy the Kid next! Regards, Dev
HI! Billy the Kid ;) well sad that your club ppl did not tell you to fill your entry for the nats after the state. Normally they announce the name of all those qualified to fill up the entries. Unfortunatley AFAIK (for sure) the AIGVM qualification lapses if you dont play the national which falls right after the comp. In the national if you shoot below mqs then you have to requalify for mqs at AIGVM next year. However if you can remain qualified for one national after your AIGVM then you have one "lifeline" ie if you shoot below MQS then you have another national to do it or back to AIGVM. You can also skip one year and play the second year without a problem if you have fulfilled this condition.
I advise you to please check this with your assn. as it could lead to your losing out on a chance to play the nationals this year - You know the routine : qualify state >qualify AIGVM>Qualify nats> Ren. shot> Thank GOI :lol:

shutzen
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shutzen » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:04 pm

OverUnderPump";p="40542 wrote::) For the sight and fabricating bit, I'll probably wait for Mundaire to return. Is the sight fabrication bit on the 97K a pain to accomplish, whats the level of effort required ? Is it DIY category stuff or something that requires an expert hand.OUP
HI! If you dont facy DIY then you can consider this : http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... highlight=

The complete assembly frontsight just requires you to have a 3 mm screw on the barrel.

day & night mode