On the wings of skepticism

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:22 pm

dev";p="40546 wrote:Just when I had thought the end...life gets more interesting. I feel even more motivated than you cause I have been flirting with failure for quite a while now. So it seems if one follows the principles of marksmanship and practices hard...loads may be possible. I had frankly thought that I wasn't gonna make it when I saw the other guys scores. There is a huge amount of practise I still have to do till I reach anywhere. I am just happy that I could do it with a pistol that cost one third of what most target pistols do.

Dev
Very well said,Dev.All it takes is ambition and belief.Shooting sports are one of the few areas you are not too old to compete with the "athletes".Give it all you got bro.You want anything from here,let me know.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: On the wings of skepticism

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:23 am

shutzen";p="40634 wrote:HI! :? I have seen several shooters in shotgun and big bore use electronic earmuffs. In fact all the big ticket international shotgunners use electronic earmuffs. :?
I stand corrected. Re-checked the ISSF ruling on the subject and they only preclude electronic ear muffs with a receiving device (radio).

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:28 am

shutzen";p="40635 wrote:
dev";p="40544 wrote:Oh shite new learning! Just found while reading the NRAI rule book that I had qualified for the GVM in 2006. And my score is good enough for this year too. Well live and learn I guess. So the rest of the dahlings better bow when they see Billy the Kid next! Regards, Dev
HI! Billy the Kid ;) well sad that your club ppl did not tell you to fill your entry for the nats after the state. Normally they announce the name of all those qualified to fill up the entries. Unfortunatley AFAIK (for sure) the AIGVM qualification lapses if you dont play the national which falls right after the comp. In the national if you shoot below mqs then you have to requalify for mqs at AIGVM next year. However if you can remain qualified for one national after your AIGVM then you have one "lifeline" ie if you shoot below MQS then you have another national to do it or back to AIGVM. You can also skip one year and play the second year without a problem if you have fulfilled this condition.
I advise you to please check this with your assn. as it could lead to your losing out on a chance to play the nationals this year - You know the routine : qualify state >qualify AIGVM>Qualify nats> Ren. shot> Thank GOI :lol:
Yup as Rusty says dim bulb moment. But I haven't practiced air pistol this year and so i doubt I would have been in any state to do well. As far as air pistol is concerned its thank you goi already. :lol:

Now, I am trying for small bore rifle with no ammo and the competition on next week, its definitely not gonna be thank you GOI this semester but one lives in hope. ;-).

You must understand that this is a whole lot of dreaming that I'm doing. So I'm just out to have fun and see how far I can go.

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:30 am

Very well said,Dev.All it takes is ambition and belief.Shooting sports are one of the few areas you are not too old to compete with the "athletes".Give it all you got bro.You want anything from here,let me know.

Best-
Vikram
[/quote]

Thanks Vikram hope you all come down to Delhi this winter. Plan to be firmly entrenched in the shooting world by then. So if you come we'll go bust clays at the scenic Dr. Karni Singh range.

Regards,

Dev

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:34 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="40572 wrote:
dev";p="40544 wrote:Just found while reading the NRAI rule book that I had qualified for the GVM in 2006.
Tubelight! :roll:

:D :wink:
Totally Rusty ;-) but get yer self ready for the postal match, winner gets the loser's pistol...so lets see an IZH Baikal trades up to a shiny bling thing. ;-)

Dev

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:11 pm

Perhaps the time has come for me to tune up an IHP air-pistol...

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:23 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="40663 wrote: Perhaps the time has come for me to tune up an IHP air-pistol...
Don't tell me that you fell for the Delhi hot air ;-)

Dev

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:39 pm

Los' Banditos'

Whats the schedule for this weekend ?
  1. Shoot prone with an airgun and practice ?
  2. Any other plans ?
regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: On the wings of skepticism

Post by OverUnderPump » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:49 am

Bump !!!!!

Los' Banditos'
Any plans for this weekend ?
Sidkid if you haven't sold that bow, bring it along.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.