Holland & Holland experience for Christmas ?

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
shahid

Holland & Holland experience for Christmas ?

Post by shahid » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:13 pm

A mail came in from H & H today. ANyone from UK interested may call them.

Holland & Holland Shooting Lesson Vouchers

So just what do you give the shooting husband or wife that has everything this Christmas?

The Holland & Holland Shooting Lesson Voucher provides the perfect answer to choosing that extra special gift for the shooter who has it all – well, almost…!!

Forget the sweaters, the socks and the ties this year, go for something that will be really appreciated.

The Shooting Voucher includes tuition, gun hire (if required) and all necessary safety equipment. All vouchers are valid for one year from the date of issue. Detailed below are the most popular vouchers but we can tailor make to suit your requirements:

1 hour lesson £98
with 50 cartridges and clays included £120
with 100 cartridges and clays included £142

2 hour lesson £196
with 150 cartridges and clays included £262
with 200 cartridges and clays included £284

Course of 6 lessons (you only pay for 5) £490
With 600 cartridges and clays included £754

Vouchers can be redeemed Monday to Saturday by appointment (except bank holidays) and our lesson times are 9.00, 10.15, 11.30, 1.45, 3.00 and 4.15 for a 1 hour lesson and 9.00, 10.15, 1.45 and 3.00 for a 2 hour session.

Should you wish to purchase a voucher, please call Helen Clarke here at the ground on 01923 825349 with your credit/debit card details or alternatively send a cheque made out to Holland & Holland to,

The Holland & Holland Shooting Ground,
Ducks Hill Road,
Northwood,
Middlesex,
HA6 2ST

For Advertising mail webmaster
hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Holland & Holland experience for Christmas ?

Post by hamiclar01 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:18 pm

this is blessed expensive! specially since most clubs and coaches offer shooting lessons to newbies at a fraction of the amount........ clays/cartridges/gun hire included. does it say why it's so pricey?
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

shahid

Post by shahid » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:25 pm

You get to shoot with H & H guns here, with H & H shooting school instructors who are of the highest level, you shoot at the holiest of the shooting grounds, and use signature H & H cartridges, and in the club rooms you smoke a cigar with the cream de la creme of the British Business and socal community for your networking in business. I guess that justifies the price.

200 quid is not a lot of money anyway.

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:34 pm

shahid";p="32720 wrote: 200 quid is not a lot of money anyway.
i can get an hour with Reg Grainger in suffolk and still have money to spare for slightly more than a thousand RC 1 (7.5) cartridges for the same amount :wink:; or a second hand pump or semi auto
but then i've always been stingy
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:51 pm

Thats interesting....I never knew H & H also train shooters.

It might sound expensive . But the pleasure of shooting with a H & H must be awesome. I have been collecting a few my self though I have never had a chance to use them or may be I am happier admiring them than I would be using them.

AC

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:11 am

You get to shoot with H & H guns here, with H & H shooting school instructors who are of the highest level, you shoot at the holiest of the shooting grounds, and use signature H & H cartridges, and in the club rooms you smoke a cigar with the cream de la creme of the British Business and socal community for your networking in business. I guess that justifies the price.

200 quid is not a lot of money anyway.

mmmmph :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:35 pm

I`m saying nothing.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Pity.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:03 pm

Yes.Should I take out my jam stirrer?

shahid

Post by shahid » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:33 pm

Rifle irange nfo from an earlier mail

Dear Mr Ahmad

In the summer, the ground is open from Monday to Saturday (except bank holidays) and our lesson times are 9.00, 10.15, 11.30, 1.45, 3.00 and 4.15. These times represent a 1 hour lesson. If you would like to have 2 hours, these can be taken at 9.00, 10.15, 1.45 and 3.00. Appointments must be made in advance and at the current time you will need to book 3 weeks ahead for a Saturday slot and about 5 days ahead for a weekday.

I have attached a copy of our brochure along with a tariff which outlines the prices for all of our shooting options. Kindly note that cartridges & clays are not included in the hourly fee but are charged on consumption at the end of each session. To give you an idea, 100 cartridges & clays cost £38. With regard to cartridges shot sizes, only 7, 7 1/2, 8, and 9 are permitted.

We have both a .300 and a .500 double rifle for guests to use but these are not always available as we ship them to sales events all over the world. I can check availability for these weapons once I know the dates of of your visit. We do have bolt action rifles permanently available in .243, 7x57 and .375 H&H magnum. Metallic ammo is also charged as used and .243 is £1,45 per round and .500 is £11 to £13.50 per round depending on bullet type.

I hope the above is clear. Should you wish to check availability for a specific day(s) or make an appointment, please let me know.

Once again, many thanks for your enquiry and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards

Steve Denny
Director of Operations

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:24 pm

Metallic ammo is also charged as used and .243 is £1,45 per round and .500 is £11 to £13.50 per round depending on bullet type.
WHAT!!! Where do they think they are? India?

Is this inclusive of the price of a really good cigar? Would they give a discount if I brought my beedis along?

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:44 pm

Would I also get the same sort of reply if I make an inquiry??

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:52 pm

Yes.

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:18 am

:wink: :lol:

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:27 am

Shahid,

While you are there why don't you discuss the Army and Navy made by Purdey?Look forward to reading about your trip.