IFG PaintBallShootout

Past and future planned - events/ outings/ training sessions/ offline meets/ camps/ matches etc.
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: IFG PaintBallShootout

Post by dev » Wed May 06, 2009 5:20 pm

Olly wrote:I'm inspired too... Dev, where are you ?

Wonder if it can be a family affair... kids and the SWMBO can too have a share of the pie... :D

When I will have to check up on which planets are aligned before I decide to get shot with latex. I'm worried that I'll start itching for the Marlin :lol: .

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Wed May 06, 2009 6:46 pm

ROTFL

A Marlin rifle against paintball gun.... noooooo... :P

OverUnderPump
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by OverUnderPump » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:17 pm

Work, Family, Laziness you name it. It has kept us from having another rip at a game of paintball. Let’s not have any of that affect us this time. Come Saturday 22nd August, 2009 1200 hrs, the Paintball Shootout resumes where it left off last time. Let’s have some fun.

The Location is a 15 minute drive from 32nd Milestone in Gurgaon :

Best Western Resort Country Club
Pachgaon – Mohammadpur Road,
Manesar, Gurgaon

The Road Map:

The Costs Involved:
Rs 850/- per person (for an hour)
Prices include rental of all equipment and gear – Markers/Guns, C02 gas tanks, Paintball pellets, Overalls, chest guards, face masks, gloves, and field rental.
A total of 50 paintball pellets shall be provided with this package, additional packs of 50 can be availed of in case of need at Rs. 250 each.
A reload can be done mid-game(if you run out and want more pellets)by announcing your intent to the referee/marshall and announcing a ceasefire.
**Timelines and costs can be tweaked if we have sizeable participation.

The Game:
We can choose from an array of match options;
Capture the hill/Columbian Counter attack: A smaller team defends a heavily fortified location, the smaller team with more ammo tries to oust them. A hostage can also be placed within the fortification to increase the level of difficulty.

Capture the Flag: Both teams have flags, the objective is to capture the flag of your opponent and bring it back to your base to score a point.

Speedball/Elimination: Shoot till you stand. The last standing team/player wins.

Teams can play 8-10 games (of 7-10 minutes each) in 1 hour. Players get extra lives (based on mutual consent), after getting shot, they step off the field for 1 minute & join the game again.

The Rules:
Normal Gun safety rules will apply.
Apart from this we need to ensure that there are no instances of:

Overshooting:
Overshooting is to repeatedly shoot a player after they have been eliminated. Any extra shots after a successful mark /shot to a vital area is considered as overshooting. The penalty for overshooting will lead to the elimination of the guilty player if he overshoots to an extent of 3 more shots after the successful shot.

Blind firing:
To blind fire is to discharge a gun around a corner or over an object without direct line of sight to the target. Blind firing is discouraged due to safety implications. As the shooters cannot see where their shots are landing, they could accidentally fire at somebody point blank, hit a referee, or otherwise cause damage or injury through indiscriminately firing at an unseen target.

Unannounced Mask Removal:
No one shall remove a mask (for cleaning, realignment or any other reason) during a match without announcing his/her intent to the referee. Once the referee announces a ceasefire can the player remove his mask.

Compromise minimum shooting distance: A distance of 20ft(safe zone) has to be maintained irrespective of the fact that all players will be wearing protection (all :twisted: perverts please read armour).Once within this range, players should automatically stop shooting at each other and concentrate on other targets who are beyond the 20ft safe zone. If one is able to sneak up behind an opponent within the safe zone, he/she should desist from firing and announce/gesture a ‘knife mark/tag’ to the referee. Post which the referee will decide whether the tagged player is to be eliminated.

* All games will be conducted under the supervision of trained Marshals and Instructors and they will be enforcing them from time to time. Request all to co-operate with the designated Marshal/Instructor in the interest of safety.

regards
8)
OUP
The universe was born with a BIG BANG, no wonder guns run in my blood.

Disclaimer: My post is either a question or a reply to one. I am stating an opinion. If my opinion differs from yours, It's not intended as an insult.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:51 pm

I'm in, as are a few of my other friends. Will confirm the exact number coming with me by days end.

Looking forward to it! :D

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Sid_kapur30
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Sid_kapur30 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:27 pm

I'm in as well :)

Cheers
Siddharth

Zake
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Zake » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:26 pm

Sorry if I'm not supposed to post this in this thread. But recently I read the news and found one exciting news. Paintball is now in Kolkata ! I am not aware if the other IFG members know this fact and if they do then why not arrange a game in Kolkata ??? I would wanna play ! Anyone else ?